The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
Street Lethal '72

Door jamb VIN sticker

I was looking at my 72 and realized the door jamb sticker VIN was not the same as the truck, plus it was a 71 manufacture year.. anyway... I know this sticker is expected to get destroyed, swapped, and what not at this point for these vehicles.

However, I am going to replace the doors with new shells, and wanted to put a new sticker as part of the restore. I found these marketed for similar year Olds 442's:

http://www.thepartsplaceinc.com/pop-...id=DC5182Z.jpg

Its not exactly right, but its what I found.. plus you have to type it yourself.. and the GM font style is nearly impossible to find.. blah, blah, blah..

I really don't care, if its the best I can find then I will use it.. and figure out the rest.

But while searching for these I found a few random posts on various forums about people buying classics with what looked to be a replacement door jamb sticker, and then they became suspect of the vehicle VIN being tampered with.. might be stolen.. etc..

If one day I decided to sell it.. do you think this copy will raise eyebrows and I just shouldn't even apply it?

Any better sources on a correct one?

Thanks.
Street Lethal '72 is offline   Reply With Quote