The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-24-2011, 12:40 AM   #1
Hogamatog

70' stepside- My dream truck

Alright sorry, I had to make these pictures way smaller, but if you want to see them closer just click on them:

Well Names Corey I'm 22 now, work full time as a facility/maintenance Tech working on anything from a leaky sink to a multi million
dollar robot, this is the build to my 70' stepside. My dream truck thats long over due.
I bought this truck on 11/28/08 from the family of a man that had passed away, he was a mechanic
and bodyman from what I was told. All I know is he had some very big motors and a lot
of them becuase he a had a whole shop full and some nice rides laying in the grown up grass.
I bought the truck for 1800 dollars and all we had to do was put some tranny fluid in it and keep
filling it up with a orange 5 gallon gatorade water cooler from a radiator leak. It was it's first 50
mile trip right when I got it haha. Besides the water leak and having to stop by a small mom and pop
auto store for an emergecy top radiator hose.. it ran/sound great and smoked them tires all the way home.
I put off the project for far too long and now it's time to get working on it. My goals right now are to
get all the body work and paint the way I want it "all metal without bondo lol", frame cleaned up and protected, some good brakes,
and rebuild and clean up what motor it has. I can do all the really nice stuff after I can get it good again.
Now before yall start, I like to take pictures SO there is gonna be quite a few. Not sure if that good or bad but its what I do haha.

Here we go, "The day I brought my dream truck home to my parents house":

Brought over to my house and cleaned up a bit:

First look at what I got myself in to haha:

Got off work early one morning and decided to take off the bed:

A 2nd look at the suspension and such:

First deep look at cab corners:

Thats soooomme bondo haha

Decided after I got off work one morning "im gonna start really getting at it":

And this is where im at now, parts came in for the metal work to the cab, have a guy in the next town gonna sale me a whole other cab for 100 bucks for me to snatch some more metal from.
It's slower going with me but I hope to really get going on this truck and have it looking the way I want. See ya later!

Last edited by Hogamatog; 07-24-2011 at 01:06 AM.
Hogamatog is offline   Reply With Quote