The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2017, 04:25 PM   #1
cshanek

64 Chevy C20 Camper Special Parking Brake Question

I recently bought a 64 C20 and have spent the last 8 weeks working on it. Last night I crawled under the truck to try to figure out why the parking brake did not work and to my surprise, I found it was just a collar which clamped around the drive shaft (see pic). I have looked around on LMC, classicparts, and other parts stores and cannot seem to find this anywhere. Surely this wasn't stock right? Any thoughts on where I can find parts? I tightened the nut at the bottom of the assembly and it is working for now, though I would like some new hardware once the underside is tidy.

Speaking of, see all that gunk in the picture? I have been manually scraping that off the truck now for about a week, and using brake cleaner, carb cleaner, engine degreaser, high pressure washes, and still have found anything that works other than crawling around and scraping. Any ideas here?
Attached Images

cshanek is offline   Reply With Quote