The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
my55chevy3100

just bought a 55 chevy 3100 ( first series)

hello all, im new to this...let me first start by telling you a little about myslef....my name is Luciano ( luke) im 26 years old and im currently a student at universal technical institute....i am double phasing which means class from 630am til 830pm monday to friday, its alot to put on one's plate but coming in July i will become a father so it is all worth the trouble to graduate early...so now, enough about me....lets get to the juicy subject lol....i just picked up a 55 first series 3100...its in rough shape no boubt but none the less i believe it was an offer i could not let go by. i bought this truck for 300 dollars and a motor lift ( total value of maybe 450)...i have a couple pictures of what im working with and im wondering what some of the more experienced guys on here have to offer me for advice... any help will be greatly appreciated...now, the nose is all there, but it is in the bed...i have no clue how to put this thing back together or if i even should yet...there is alot of rust, the floor in the cab is practically gone but the original motor, transmission, driveline and radiator came with the purchase. where should i start????
my55chevy3100 is offline   Reply With Quote