The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-20-2017, 12:47 PM   #1
6768chevylover

wheel spacers

I've checked this site on wheel spacers and seem to find a lot but don't seem to find ones with the hub centric spacers.. Anyone know a good site to get these type of spacers?
6768chevylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 01:02 PM   #2
hemi43

Re: wheel spacers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6768chevylover View Post
I've checked this site on wheel spacers and seem to find a lot but don't seem to find ones with the hub centric spacers.. Anyone know a good site to get these type of spacers?
Wheel spacers, or wheel adapters ? Wheel spacers are illegal to use here in Ontario and for good reason. Wheel adapters (although I would never use them) are available anywhere, but you get what you pay for. Make sure the ones you buy are machined or forged from billet stock, and not some Chinese crap that's made from a casting. You get what you pay for !

How thick of an adapter do you need?
hemi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 03:47 PM   #3
6768chevylover

On the rear of my blazer the PO put a 1.5" spacer on the rear. I can't say I don't trust it since I have done some trailering with it in the past winter. I don't know any thing about it. Wanted to go down a half size to 1" . I like the look of the wheels equally spaced out..
Old 07-21-2017, 04:21 PM   #4
hemi43

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6768chevylover View Post
On the rear of my blazer the PO put a 1.5" spacer on the rear. I can't say I don't trust it since I have done some trailering with it in the past winter. I don't know any thing about it. Wanted to go down a half size to 1" . I like the look of the wheels equally spaced out..
If it's 1.5", then it's an adapter. Spacers use the factory wheel studs to pinch them between the flange and rim, adapters use lugnuts to bolt them to the flange, and uses separate studs to hold the rim to the adapter.
They might work in the rear, but if you use them up front they will increase the scrub radius of your front end geometry, as well as put additional stress on upper and lower ball joints. Increased scrub radius will make you feel more bumps in the road, and could cause your tires to rub at extreme turns.
hemi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:11 AM   #5
6768chevylover

Thanks! I would never use these on the fronts. I actually had a wheel guy tell me to never do that.. Stuck with me ever since.