The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-13-2012, 10:56 PM   #26
stoutguinness

Re: 68 C10 longbed (slow build) DD

Yeah it's probably my favorite part of Reno. I've seen some really rare and nice cars here and it has to be the biggest classic car shows in the west.
Posted via Mobile Device
stoutguinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #27
stoutguinness

So I got a lot done over the weekend. I tore out the old intake manifold and carb and installed some new parts. Both of the intake manifold that my father in law gave me wouldn't work so I ended up buying a new edelbrock performance intake manifold. I was surprised to see how clean the inside was. Seemed like there was one problem after another with this weekend project I also bought a used edelbrock electric choke 1406 carb of craigslist for $60. I didn't have time to go through the carter carb I got for free but the plan is to restore it and see if I can get some money for it on craigslist to earn some money back. I had to drill out the center holes on the new intake manifold because they were angled and my block had bolts that went straight up and down. I also bought a kit to route my fuel line down and under the carb but the gasket rings that came with the kit were junk and leaked everywhere. So I had to find new gaskets. The first replacements were too thick and almost led to me stripping the threads on the carb but I bought some gaskets made by edelbrock that seem to have a great seal. Another hiccup was the heater core. I started pouring radiator fluid in the radiator and the heater core started pouring fluid. It must have been bumped at some point. What a headache that is! Why do they make those things so cheap!! I'd be willing to pay more for a heater core that's better made! So anyways, I'm running the truck without a heater core for now. I routed the intake manifold straight to the water pump. I also installed a reservoir tank for the radiator but forgot to take pictures. At some point the right headlight went out and the P/S taillight blinker/brake doesn't work and the D/S front blinker doesn't work. So I'll have to check the wiring. The fuses all seem to be in good shape and the ones that looked bad, I replaced. A friend is hopefully coming by after work today to help me get the engine timed. I think it may be running too fast. Anyways, here's some pics!
Here's a pic of the engine before tear down.

And with everything of the manifold

and with the manifold removed and cleaned up with new gaskets
Old 08-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #28
stoutguinness

A picture of the new manifold with the drilled out center holes.

The engine almost complete again

The engine all put together, minus the air filter.