The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1960-1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-24-2020, 10:55 AM   #1
Gimmie1965

65 gmc 305e for sale

Pulled the 305 last weekend. Went start sat to haul some trash to the dump. The float stuck and dumped fuel everywhere. After some time of carb work I got it running again. I let it warm up about 15 min and it started bogging down. Shut off check the dipstick and oil was where it's suppose to be and no fuel smell. Pulled a couple of plugs and same not fouled and no fuel smell. Was planning on pulling anyway for my bbc swap just not this soon. Long story short it's for sale. I know for sure it has at least 115,000 on it. Ran very strong up to this last sat. Just put about 300 mile round trip on it about 2 weeks ago. Got an average 12 mpg. Has holley 350 2 barrel carb. Not touch since was built and installed 7 years ago. Original starter rebuilt about 4 years ago. New water pump 5 years ago. Replaced original fuel pump with electric about 6 years ago " not for sale" everything else is original. Have the original carb and oil bath cleaner to go with it. Also have a 60-62 bye bell housing for sale. I'm replacing the original sm 420 with sm465 so it's for sale also. Make offer on eng. The tranny $125. I'll post some pics as soon as I can get back home today
Gimmie1965 is offline   Reply With Quote