The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
CAL 58 GMC

1966 Chevelle Build

Some of you may have followed my 58 GMC build I started back in 2006. Well that build is done now (not really since they are never really even done) and it's time to start a new build. I went over to the Chevelle site, but I was having a hard time feeling at home there, then I ran across this page "Alternate Tinkerings", a place were I can start a new build thread at the best forum on the web! So now I'm back home.

I bought a 1966 Chevelle back in June 2010. We picked it up for $4,200. The plan is to build a really nice driver restro rod, nothing to fast for her, but something fast enough for me. We (yes, my wife and I) started tearing down the Chevelle last summer. We pulled the clip, motor and trans and sent a bunch of stuff of to powder coating. Anyway here are some pics were we started and were we are at now.

Here's a concept drawing of the Chevelle and the direction we’re headed. (no checker board on the side, thats a refection)
Attached Images

Last edited by CAL 58 GMC; 10-10-2013 at 04:51 PM.
CAL 58 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote