The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-05-2015, 08:54 PM   #1
misfits1981

New Bolt In IFS for 55-59 Trucks?

I was bored at work today and was searching pieces for my 57 truck and came across the new Jimenez Bros. website. I had checked out their stuff a little while ago and it looks like good stuff. Their new bolt-in IFS system really got me interested though. Anyone else check the kit out yet? I think it's still pretty new so I'm not sure if anyone has it on their truck yet but I'm looking for some feedback on this or any of their other products. Here is a link to the kit -

http://jimenezbroscustom.com/product...fs-suspension/
misfits1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 11:05 PM   #2
HUSSEY

Re: New Bolt In IFS for 55-59 Trucks?

These IFS must be new because I was on there site not too long ago and didn't see them. They built one of my favorite cars of all time, its a bagged 1954 Chevy Hardtop mild custom with a chop.

http://jimenezbrothers.madwirebuild....ry/1954-chevy/

I would bet their stuff is quality. The way it bolts together looks like a good idea where the cross member goes inside the frame rails and the upper arm supports go on the outside of the frame rails, basically sandwiching the frame rail between the two pieces.

Last edited by HUSSEY; 11-05-2015 at 11:11 PM.
HUSSEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 11:09 PM   #3
tmoble

Re: New Bolt In IFS for 55-59 Trucks?

pics are a little sparse, but it does look pretty good. Looks like an upgraded MII, see the angle of the upper control arm mounts, gives anti-dive similar to a Camaro or Corvette. For $2k seems like they could supply bigger brakes than 11" and they don't give enough info to determine if they're using MII spindles, which would make a 12" brake deal a slam dunk. I also can't see if they're using a tall spindle type deal which really improves the driving. Again, more like a Camaro or Corvette.

Looks like their site is new, appearance looks like professional design but a lot of it still blank.
tmoble is offline   Reply With Quote