The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-23-2018, 02:21 PM   #1
ymi5150?

reconfiguring front accessories - help needed

hey there,

i could use some help. i'm cleaning up my son's C20. we pulled the motor yesterday. we're cleaning up the engine and engine bay. the truck came with A/C and we would like to remove it since it doesn't work. the pulleys are cast iron and i want to replace them to delete the extra vee groove. I want to balance things out and move the alternator over to the passenger side, and install an electric fan.

i ordered a pulley set that moves the alternator, but requires a long water pump. the long water pump does not ha ve the extra outlet for the heater like the short one does. (see pics)

Here are my questions:

the short water pump has two outlets, one to heater and one to top front intake manifold. would the long pump's heater route go from the top outlet on the water pump to the heater core, and return to the intake manifold top front?

second question is - is it simple to remove the factory A/C? the heater lines run through the A/C unit and i dont know if the heater and A/C are integrated. this would be strictly for cosmetics.
Attached Images

ymi5150? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 03:46 PM   #2
geezer#99

Re: reconfiguring front accessories - help needed

Pulleys are stamped steel, not cast iron.
Ports on water pump are inlets, not outlets.
Correct routing for heater core is intake to bottom of heater core, outlet of core (top) back to water pump or to the rad (either works).
Your pump with the top hose to intake isn’t required.
Moving the alternator usually requires a different intake and heads with bolt holes if using factory alternator brackets. Aftermarket brackets are available if needed.
geezer#99 is online now   Reply With Quote