The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-15-2009, 12:20 AM   #26
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: My little long bed 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwhite View Post
ruffrida I was in hhc 1-8 cav 2nd brigade 1st cav for 4 years.

Well I got some parts in and have been working on the truck a little. I've figured out that my tail lights not working isnt the blinker switch so I'm guessing its the under the dash wiring. Been reading through the manual a little and getting a better idea of how everything is built and I must say it must be me cause the wiring diagrams dont help me out much...

I found a donor for my clutch pedal that will solve some problems and I looked around and all the clutch return springs for hydraulic clutches are much different than mine.

I found my carb spacer to be leaking from a crack all the way through on one side and havent been able to find any kind of replacement new or used. any suggestions?

I'm gonna have new exhaust from the manifold back and am debating on where to have it exit... I wanna keep it in front of the rear axle for clearance purposes when I lower it in the future. Opinions welcome!!
If you are talking about the base plate of the carb, you may need to just get it welded.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:52 AM   #27
Ghostwhite
Squarebody guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
If you are talking about the base plate of the carb, you may need to just get it welded.
Its the piece that goes in between the carb and the manifold. about 3/4 of an inch think.
Ghostwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:57 PM   #28
1Bad62Pro/Street
"Where were you in '62?"

Thumbs up Re: My little long bed 62

Welcome! Another '62
What Are You Workin' On? - 1Bad62ChevyPickup
PROJECT: "TYRANNORAMBLER REX"
1969 AMC Rambler American Nostalgia Pro/Street
Youtube Channel: Father Son Projects
Youtube Channel: 2TIMOTHY2FITHTEEN

"North and South Carolina Folks Click Here!"
(((( ~ I have Parts For Sale & Miscellaneous Stuff ~ ))))

"Well being as there's no other place around the place,
I reckon this must be the place, I reckon...Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk" -Curly Howard Ph.D.
1Bad62Pro/Street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:53 PM   #29
ruffrida2005
Member of the longbed union.

Ghostwhite, you can pick up a carb spacer at any auto parts store, and they have the gaskets as well!

88 GMC Crew Cab dually, 454/T400

64 LWB 400 HP 350/350T Bagged, under construction! Sold most of it!

92 S10 Iron Duke 5 speed, 5/7 drop for now. soon to be bagged. Sold http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...59#post4637759
ruffrida2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:30 PM   #30
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwhite View Post
Its the piece that goes in between the carb and the manifold. about 3/4 of an inch think.
I'm not sure what or why there is a plate there, but if you can't find another one just get that one welded.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:39 PM   #31
Ghostwhite
Squarebody guy

I have checked with napa so far, I'll check carquest start of next week and let you guys know. I need to get working more on the truck instead of driving it so much.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:53 PM   #32
Ghostwhite
Squarebody guy

Well its running good now but is 6000 miles away from me. Been awhile since I posted but I have been lurking like crazy! My goal is to lay this truck out as low as I can with airbags.

I know porterbuilt has a member for my truck, a 62 LWB w/ 235 I-6. My question is what is all involved if I order the member with I-6 motor mounts and switch to a sbc in the future? Is just a matter of removing and welding in new mounts? I am a big newbie when it comes to welding and still lack a welder for now but have plenty of available support if I absolutely need it. Also, does PB make anything for the rear of my truck?

My plan

Front- use the member, mustang RnP but I wanna keep it manual, used 73-87 arms (do I have to Pie the lowers to fully lay out?), 3" drop spindles w/ 73-87 disk brakes also manual.

Rear - I wanna try and reuse the stock 2-link if I can, if not does anyone make any kind of kit besides a universal 4-link? I am not trying to make it as unique as possible so I don't mind "bolt-on" parts, just trying to have fun. I am open to suggestions for the rear.

I am trying to get everything figured out now cause I'm stuck in Iraq currently and doing my research. I have been drooling over the DM for awhile and might be able to swing the funding for the member initially. I will be piecing everything I can together before I start. I am gonna be using the truck as my Daily and then try and get everything done with as little downtime as possible.(I hope but we know how that goes)
Old 05-09-2010, 10:08 PM   #33
ruffrida2005
Member of the longbed union.

I know how using it as a Daily would be fun with a little down time, I was doing the same to mine. It's been apart for a year now.

Yes PB does have the front kit for your frame. Why not upgrade to power steering though? Yes you will have to use the 73-87 arms. You will have to either cup the lower or cut and replate it for the bag.

As for the back I think PB makes a kit for the early frame. I would send him a PM.

I was in the same boat as you finding everything I can about the truck before I make the desicion on what to buy. All I can say is research research, research.

I would PM PB about changing the motor mounts too from the I-6 to the V8. If I were you I would probably just get the V8 mounts and get the motor too. Sell the I-6

And what FOB you at?

88 GMC Crew Cab dually, 454/T400

64 LWB 400 HP 350/350T Bagged, under construction! Sold most of it!

92 S10 Iron Duke 5 speed, 5/7 drop for now. soon to be bagged. Sold http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...59#post4637759
ruffrida2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:18 PM   #34
Ghostwhite
Squarebody guy

Thanks for the quick response! I am stuck on FOB Victory(or is it Liberty?) right now. I got the IRR call up and yanked away from home.

I know how it goes with wanting to only do a little at a time. I do have a 350 and turbo 400 tranny out of a late model c10 in my garage that prolly needs to be rebuilt. I was gonna get the chassis started and worry about the 350 when the I-6 starts giving me problems as lowering it the way I want isn't gonna be cheap and is a higher priority than the v8. I am on a limited budget after I get home for awhile.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:21 PM   #35
Ghostwhite
Squarebody guy

I notice you are from Killeen! I was living there for almost 4 years, I sorta miss it compared to ND
Old 05-09-2010, 10:22 PM   #36
apachedaddy

Not sure if you got the headlights working yet, but when mine went out i had to replace the dimmer switch. Hope all works out for you..

I hear ya on the IRR, i wont have to worrie about that, now in my 23rd year. But its fun to look around and order parts for the old truck. I'm in afgahistan at the moment (fob salerno) 6 more months and i can start bending wrenches on her again. Good luck and keep your head down brother...

Last edited by apachedaddy; 05-09-2010 at 10:27 PM.
apachedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:25 PM   #37
Ghostwhite
Squarebody guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachedaddy View Post
Not sure if you got the headlights working yet, but when mine went out i had to replace the dimmer switch. Hope all works out for you..
Yep, little update- Lights work, i cleaned up the dimmer and the headlights are doing good. The running lights were suffering from bad grounds in the taillight bezels.
Old 04-01-2017, 04:49 AM   #38
Ghostwhite
Squarebody guy

Can't believe how long it has been since I posted in this thread. I couldn't take this rig out west when I moved to Las Vegas but I am back in the midwest and dug this thing outta the trees where I parked it almost 3 1/2 years ago.

I hooked up some jumper cables to the battery thats been in it since I left, hit it with a little starting fluid and this thing cranked right up. A little air in the tires, some fluid and furious bleeding of the clutch and some mud boggin got this thing out where I could clean it up a bit. I will be hauling it/driving it to MN and hopefully putting it to daily driver duties in the near future.

I may add an air suspension with the hope of dragging frame and more in the far future. Having more than one truck to work on might drag that effort out but its a thought, this one would be much more simple than my dually. The dually also was relieved of its 454/turbo 400 which may find its way into this truck.

We shall see, sorry for the dark pictures.

Old 04-02-2017, 02:55 PM   #39
63C20

make sure you research the headlight swith mod so your parking lights stay on at night
63C20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 09:39 PM   #40
Vincenthdfan

My 62
Attached Images

Vincenthdfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:08 PM   #41
Ghostwhite
Squarebody guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63C20 View Post
make sure you research the headlight swith mod so your parking lights stay on at night
Thank, I will look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenthdfan View Post
My 62
That's a good looking truck!