The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-14-2010, 05:41 PM   #1
creamsicle68

88-98 body lifts

hey guys, im gettin a 94 1500 4x4 tomarrow and alls i wanna do is throw on a body lift to fit 33's. i tried doin a serch but came up fairly empty handed. i know how to install bodylifts and im not new to buildin trucks but i was just wonderin if theres any specific snags you hit with this bodystyle chevy's, for instance on the 2nd gen dodge u have to extend the 4x4 lingage to the trans. any help or info to point me in the right direction would help alot.

Thanks, Dalton
creamsicle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:53 PM   #2
benoit454
Chris

Re: 88-98 body lifts

well first off some trucks can fit 33's stock unlifted and some can fit 35's stock with out lift and some can only fit 33's with a lift, others fit 35's.

So each truck is different.

These kits come with a auto trans. linkage extension to extend it, and also you have to lengthen or adjust the floor shift 4x4 linkage to make it work, and a steering extension goes in as well. Front bumpers brackets usually come in the kits but rears don't, you buy them seperate for about $57

Just go to summit's website and read the instructions pdf file and performance accessories website has them same set of instructions for theirs. Also zone offroad I think it has a kit and instructions as well. All on their sites you can download and read.

GIT R DONE!!!!!!

Check out all our rides,
http://www.cardomain.com/id/benwa454
benoit454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:01 PM   #3
79widestep

Re: 88-98 body lifts

ive lifted a 88 chevy 1500 and al i remember is extendin is the steerin .. (the name of that part escapes me at the moment). and raisein the front bumper the body lift kit should come with all u need if its a manual u proably need to extent the shiftin linkage..
79widestep is offline   Reply With Quote