The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-27-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

1972 El Camino

I bought his wreck a few months ago.. the old guy I bought it from was scared of it as this car fell off a jack or should I say the jack collapsed on the fellow as he was under it but to my mind that is why you use jack stands
Attached Images

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: 1972 El Camino

the guy I bought it from told me it was basically disassembled and there was a working yet not fully installed 305 and a operable used th350 trans.. He lied... well first off the motor was not stock it was a 350 vehicle so I went and ordered a crate motor from jegs we spent several days putting that in and trying to get the parts to get brakes in it.. there was no master or power booster.. I decided to get new lines , junction block etc I also bought new inner fencers and stuff like that
Attached Images

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
Old 03-27-2013, 09:42 PM   #3
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

this thing has been pandoras box since the get go.. ive had to add more parts than I originally thought.. we had bo back brakes pulled off a drum and found no shoes on one side.. the whole brake system save the back to front lines have been replaced.. and im not sure of the wiring now.. I decided to change the intake and carb being the one I fot with the car ( like every other part I had from that guy was a piece of junk so we have a new holley
Attached Images

I hate cancer!!
Old 05-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #4
spudz

I like it and looks like good progress!!
2004 z71, 96 z71 on 38s, 88 Chevy k5 blazer, 4in lift. 84 swb project, 82 SWB project , 84 chevy 4x4 lwb project, 88 Jimmy beater/highschool ride. 79 c30. 99 tahoe 4x4 project. and a bunch of parts trucks..
spudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:01 AM   #5
ThreeQtr

Comming along nicely. I know it doesn't help, but you could have spent 3x as much on one that says 'rebuilt', only to end up with the same issues.
ThreeQtr is offline   Reply With Quote