The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-10-2009, 01:57 AM   #176
kizer
Its Deja Vu time again

Re: Kizer and his 65 here

Man I really dig this forum. You know why? I post pictures of a hood that was well better than what I had and out of the blue somebody contacts me and tells me they have one even better and if I want it I better come get it. Guess what? 5 hours one way and 5 hours back. An over night stay at a hotel with a pool and my boy was happier than heck and visiting a buddy I've never met before I have it home. If anybody ever asks you if you can throw on a hood on a roof rack you tell them yes you can. hahaha

The only real issue I see with this hood is a little bit of rust on the lower lip.

Other than that one rust spot and a few blemishes on the surface I'm happier than heck. This is the 3rd hood I've come across 1st being what came with the truck 2nd being a replacement. 3rd being well this. I plan on practicing some welding on the first since its more or less toast and maybe I'll try and patch up the 2nd, but the 3rd is going on my truck for sure.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:20 AM   #177
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Looks like a great score to me.
Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:02 AM   #178
joe231

very cool!

so the person you got the hod from is a member here?
who is it? Very nice gesture!
Old 05-10-2009, 11:16 AM   #179
kizer
Its Deja Vu time again

Oh yeah Beefshredder he's probably a dozen or so posts before these posting hood photos, which probably appeared kinda random in the thread. I didn't think about it at the time, but he's got a 60s frame sitting on the ground, which is his prject and beside it a 3100 laying rocker, which I think might be his dads. I know, I know Photos? It was kinda random that he contacted me and the wife said "road trip" so it was a win win situation. He wasn't asking much and I know I spent more on gas and hotel, but it was worth it in the end.

Funny thing was driving down the freeway and having people looking at me like I was nuts. I guess its not every day you see a hood on a roof rack. I was sorta sweating it thou. I kept picturing it breaking loose and flying across the air like a pie plate.

I'm thinking this truck is going to become a scavenger hunt, which might be a blast. I know another member "502" makes wood beds so heck I might just make the drive and pick up a setup. I could have it made by a vendor, but I think another road trip would be fun.

Now I guess I better get off my butt and start working again. Hahaha
Old 05-10-2009, 11:38 AM   #180
joe231

Thanks
Old 06-01-2009, 05:12 PM   #181
kizer
Its Deja Vu time again

I figured I'd at least say I'm not dead and neither is the project. Basically I've been busy with the regular life stuff.

I did a bit of wheeling in my Jeep and well had a blast. A buddy of mine and I separated on the freeway because him and another had to get gas and myself and other didn't so we just headed out. I get a call and it was like this. "Man you wouldn't believe this. My tire fell off and I slammed up against an undercover police car and just like in the movies he slowed down which kept my tire from flying off and digging my front axle into the ground and making me roll". It eventually did come off and he grounded down his front disk nearly 2+ inches, but amazingly it really didn't destroy his front axle.

None the less I've been tinkering with my buddies 48 trying to get him back on the road.

After we got him in my garage and he was pissed we more or less started disconnecting every connection which would of been under my hood. Looks like other than the speedo cable and the gas line the cab is ready to come off as well as the motor from the frame well minus the transmission and shaft.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:15 AM   #182
Alan's Classic

That had to have been one hellacious ride. Did he have to dig the seat cover out of his butt?
Old 06-02-2009, 12:44 AM   #183
SlimPikins

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizer View Post
Man I really dig this forum. You know why? I post pictures of a hood that was well better than what I had and out of the blue somebody contacts me and tells me they have one even better and if I want it I better come get it. Guess what? 5 hours one way and 5 hours back. An over night stay at a hotel with a pool and my boy was happier than heck and visiting a buddy I've never met before I have it home. If anybody ever asks you if you can throw on a hood on a roof rack you tell them yes you can. hahaha but the 3rd is going on my truck for sure.
Man Chris, that looks like a great score. Glad your still working on the truck.
Mine has taken a back seat for the summer, it's racing season and that takes up most of my weekends.

Keep on scoring great deals and you'll be well on your way to having it roadworthy!
SlimPikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:10 AM   #184
502tripower

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizer View Post

I'm thinking this truck is going to become a scavenger hunt, which might be a blast. I know another member "502" makes wood beds so heck I might just make the drive and pick up a setup. I could have it made by a vendor, but I think another road trip would be fun.

Now I guess I better get off my butt and start working again. Hahaha
kizer, When ever you are ready let me know. I would be happy to help you out. I am doing a bed with VG Old Growth Fir now for a friends 55' 1st Series.
1963' Chev Custom Cab 502, 67' 435hp 3X2 intake, 9" 4:30 Posi
1961 Impala SS 348/350 4-speed 3:70 Posi
1961 Bel-Air Bubble Top 283 Turboglide soon to have a 348 3X2 4-speed
1950 17' Fairliner twin cockpit barrel stern 312 Y block 1X1 intake Borg Warner 1:1 gear
1957 Fleetform 14' twin cockpit barrel stern 1969 BP-125 Merc
1949 Transitier 3-wheel forklift Crosley 4-Banger
98' FXD
2002 2500HD
502tripower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:32 PM   #185
kizer
Its Deja Vu time again

Got the Jeep back on all 4's and the owner is happier than heck. Of course I had to call.

2 Napa's
3 Schucks aka Orileys or however you spell their name
2 Autozones
2 Car Quests

Man finding a rotor for an 80-ish style front axle bolted up to a 48 seemed like an impossible task, but I finally found one place that had it in stock. I constantly got the we can have it here next week, but well we wanted it yesterday. Nevermind I had to drive 40miles to find studs. Hahahaha

All that tinkering got me in the mood big time to tackle the truck again. I'm going to see if I can pull the full lines and dump gas all over the place and avoid catching the garage on fire.

Last edited by kizer; 06-02-2009 at 02:34 PM.
kizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:49 PM   #186
joe231

Old 06-30-2009, 02:05 PM   #187
kizer
Its Deja Vu time again

Had somebody offer me twice what I paid for it just recently. The scrap pile is not for sale.

Its on hiatis as of right now. hahahaha. Just been slammed. Fixed the roof of the garage that a tree landed on it that houses the Truck. Got that old Jeep out of my garage. Pinched a nerve in my back, which isn't helping any and I just bought one of those tables that you hang up side down in to help fix things up.

Long list of excuses, but it is what it is I guess.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:35 AM   #188
kizer
Its Deja Vu time again

Welp heres a Status report.

Thats my back and if you look at the right side you see that line thats the spine. Well there is a destored looking shape poking into my nerve causing my leg to feel like its asleep and burn like a mother. Bleep, Bleep.

Doing the Physical Therapy and I can now walk normal. hahahaha sad thing is I bought this thing almost a year ago and only got a few months into it.

Goal is to get the frame stripped and the tin back on it by Christmas because I really want to bring home its first Christmas tree this year. Sure the tin will be old and rusty, but hey so is the rest of the truck.

So I have a few weeks hopefully of watching it rott in the garage and maybe the wife will lift the you can't lift anything heavy or bend over weird rule because its really beginning to cramp my style here. Plus I need to abuse my rep some more here.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:47 AM   #189
1964C10

That looks painful! The best of luck to you and just be safe, you got a long way to go on that truck!

My build thread
Looking for help on completing the Disc Brake Upgrade Reference Thread

If you didn't build it, you don't really own it
1964C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:13 PM   #190
kizer
Its Deja Vu time again

Yeah I know frame first then panels later. Worst case I swap out a peice or 10.

As soon as its back together I might make some changes. I've been seeing a lot of big window cabs around my parts lately, but who knows honestly. Its a toss up right now because I have to put a lot of effort into the cab as it is and if I can pickup another for less work and big then it might be a good idea, however first things first.

Picked up an engine stand to put the 250 on so hopefully I'll get to that soon so I can tackle things.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:09 PM   #191
daverod
SSN 706

I use to have a bad back. Give it time it will heal. I think the best thing to do is to get up and get moving again. Ice works good. Good luck
daverod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:13 AM   #192
TimE
Hey Y'all!!

So how are things going? Hope you're back issue is better.

Any updates on the truck?
Old 02-28-2010, 08:30 PM   #193
kizer
Its Deja Vu time again

Hey Everybody I'm still alive. I've basically not done anything for the last year and I can say honestly I feel way better. I still get a bizarre phantom numbness in my leg around my calf. I've asked my back/spine guy what that means he told me that it will either go away or It will never go away. Roll of the dice I guess.

Not much to report other than you will see me posting now and then in my own thread and others. I've been kinda away simply because it was really keeping me down and money has really sucked lately.

I did clean the garage some today and put all my tools away that where laying everywhere and I'm going to start tinkering with the truck again. I basically just walked away and left everything laying where it laid. I figured why not put things away and start with a clean slate and a clean work area again.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:43 PM   #194
daverod
SSN 706

Good to see you moving around. Sometimes thats the best medicine
daverod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:03 PM   #195
TR65

OK Kizer,

Our main job is to motivate each other, so let's see some progress pics!
Glad your feeling better.

TR

LS2 Swap Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=413880
TR65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:48 AM   #196
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Glad to see you back Kizer

So what's next on the truck since you have the garage cleaned up?
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:37 PM   #197
kizer
Its Deja Vu time again

Sorry for the lack of updates or really showing my face. Its not only my truck that got ignored this past year. My Jeep, digital Jukebox, office desk, shelving and whatever else I'm forgetting from my wife's honey do list. I was going to pour a sidewalk from my garage to the house too. I just knew that if I did anything I would be right back where I started and I really needed to stay away from the tools and bending over. Lord knows these things make you bend over one way or another.

Funny you should mention it. I was cleaning up the garage so I can find all my tools hahaha, but at the same time I was cleaning up a spot so I could pull the cab. I just need to pickup a steering wheel puller.

At the same time I need to relocate my old hood that needs to find a scrap yard and a donor hood that wasn't much better, but I think I need to keep them just in case I need to pull sheet metal out of them or worst case somebody needs them more than I do.

I did spend some time looking at the cab and I think if I investigate more I might find that it needs to be simply replaced unless its common and easy to fix. The floor is well seriously in need of attention. The hump the seat sits on seems to be rotting out. Unless I'm wrong don't they make entire floor pans? from exterior rocker to exterior rocker? Either way I'm going to move forward on the frame and get that done and start working my way up. I still haven't decided if I'm going to re-use the 235 6 and 3speed or bolt in the 89 350 I have sitting on a stand that more than likely needs to be rebuilt and pick up a 700R.

Honestly I'm kinda glad I did avoid this place because at first I had a few serious thoughts of just selling it, but when I decided to just kick back and do nothing on anything I think it was an eye opener. I sorta felt like one of those monks that gave up everything just to know how it felt to have nothing and to truly be grateful for what they do have. Now I'm like a kid in the candy store because everything is new adventure all over again.

Ok enough of the monk talk. I have some threads to jump into and show everybody I'm not dead. hahaha
Old 03-01-2010, 01:39 PM   #198
Alan's Classic

Glad your getting back into it.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:32 PM   #199
TimE
Hey Y'all!!

Welcome back!(from another "slacker")
Old 03-17-2010, 05:47 PM   #200
kizer
Its Deja Vu time again

Not much of an update, but I felt well enough to pull the steering wheel and the shaft out of the steering column. Now its just finding time again. Man I swear. When I felt like absolute crap I seemed to have all the time in the world, but now that I'm feel a lot better I never have time to work on anything.