The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
83c10wit454

Air management question

So I'm kinda leaning towards accuair but there's still so many other products out there so I'm looking for some input. I want some sort of digital controller and be able to have preset ride heights. I'm not looking for ride height sensors or the e-level, just a digital controller. Does accuair make a kit that has a controller, valves, and hardware without the e-level? How about air lift products, anyone used their stuff?
Posted via Mobile Device
83c10wit454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
Pro Performance

Re: Air management question

Hey,

If you are looking for a leveling system, it will require height sensors unless you go with Dakota Digital, which has one based off bag pressure. In my opinion, if you are wanting to go preset height levels, then I would suggest the height sensor based leveling systems. They will adjust to the same height, no matter weight in the vehicle. If you have a bag pressure determined system, then it may sit lower than normal, if you have more weight in the truck, thus requiring more bag pressure than the preset pressure you picked.

You mentioned a digital controller. All the level systems will come with some sort of controller. Accuair does offer the rocker switch leveling system which is a little cheaper than the e-level w/ touchpad.... but it is just a rocker switch to set height.

Any of the below system can be adapted to our Pro1 or Pro2 series air management kits.

View all Leveling Systems:
http://www.azproperformance.com/Air-...eling-Systems/

The AccuAir is a great choice and does have the e-level controller:
http://www.azproperformance.com/Accu...ELS4-TPAD.html

Accuaur leveling system with rocker switch:
http://www.azproperformance.com/Accu...-ELS4-RSW.html

Dakota Digital which has a in-dash style display gauge:
http://www.azproperformance.com/Dako...-DHC-2100.html

Same Dakota Digital system, but reads bag pressure for height, with same in-dash display gauge:
http://www.azproperformance.com/Dako...-DHC-2101.html
Pro Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #3
Pro Performance

Forgot to also include, that our Pro2 doesn't include a leveling system, but has everything else you need for air management, right down to the fittings for the bags. The Pro2 uses an AccuAir VU4 manifold, so if you decide to add e-level later, it will be plug-n-play. Dakota Digital will also work with the VU4 as well.
Pro Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #4
83c10wit454

Hey thanks for the info. Didnt know you had to have the sensors for the preset heights. Guess I'll be getting the e-level.
Posted via Mobile Device
83c10wit454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:50 PM   #5
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

I use Ride Tech e3 without the leveling business. It has 3 presets based on pressure. Maybe not as cool looking as Accuair stuff, but you never see it on my tricks anyway. The other nice thing is RT has a digital display of air pressure of each corner plus tank pressure so no extra gauges necessary.
Posted via Mobile Device
Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:44 PM   #6
tk-mpl

I got the airlift dominators with an easy street controler. It operates on pressures only. The setup of the controler does NOT work very good at all. While going through the setup I had to hook up my shop compressor cause I was running out of air pressure. The ride height pressures don't pogram very well and are uneven. I am having trouble with chewing up tires because my ride height is always different, which changes align angles. Will be cghanging to the accuair system when I can afford it.

Trevor
Dominator 2600's all around.
Porterbuilt tubular control arms.
Magnaflow 3" dual exhaust.
tk-mpl is offline   Reply With Quote