The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-29-2017, 10:52 PM   #1
stangtjk

"High Dollar" Restorations

Since buying my blazer last year I've religiously stalked ebay and have probably seen every blazer listed in the past year. Whenever I see one with a buy it now price over 25k I try to look it over just to see the quality of work. There is one listed right now with a buy it now price $49k. Looks pretty good for the most part but has two glaring issues that make me wonder what other shortcuts were taken.

First is it has no rocker boxes. This is not the first high priced blazer I've seen where they just left them off. Second is the coil over shocks up front. I'm not sure why you need coil overs with leaf springs but that's not my issue. They look like the spring and shock both were very rusty and just painted black. If a shock is that pitted from rust then I can't imagine it's still good. If I was going to put that kind of time and money into a restoration I'd sure as hell expect to have the shocks replaced.

Rear frame rail also looks like it was very pitted.

And this is one of the first things in the description....

"Extensive & Professional Frame Off Restoration done to the highest of standards! One of the Nicest K5's on the planet!"

Bit of an over sell in my opinion. Maybe my expectations are too high.
Attached Images

stangtjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 01:56 PM   #2
cleszkie

Re: "High Dollar" Restorations

Its a very nice Blazer, but priced well outside what the market will support. The old adage of "you never get out what you put in" applies here.

I too am always checking out how the "high dollar" Blazers are finished and outfitted. It often amazes me how unfinished the engine compartments look, the lack of overdrive transmissions, fuel injection, and that a lot of them don't even have working factory or aftermarket A/C installed. For 25-30K, I would expect most of these items.

Don't get me wrong, there have been very nice Blazers for sale with all of these items and more, but most are pretty basic for the money that is being asked.
cleszkie is offline   Reply With Quote