The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-23-2015, 10:41 PM   #1
luvbowties

Need more power steering adjustment?

I'd like to hear from anyone who has used one of these to adjust the sensitivity of their power steering systems. Sure, we have the 2 choices we've discussed before--the quick-turn (harder to steer and likely more 'road-feel' when driving) and the slower-turn (easier to steer and probably more finicky on the road).

But even with these 2 options, I've seen situations where the owner would like a bit more road feel or a tad easier turning of the steering wheel in tight turns/turn-arounds: i.e., more adjustment(s).

Please respond with whatever info you may have--both direct experience and even 2nd hand hearsay, both good and bad.

Also, welcome are comments from knowledgeable members who have engineering/mechanical-based theoretical ideas about such a design.

This just might be a chance to really please a lot of customers. Even if I end up being the guinea pig for the forum--maybe one of us will have to be!?

Thanks to all.
Sam

>> http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Heidts...lve,14895.html <<
luvbowties is offline   Reply With Quote