The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-25-2016, 07:07 PM   #1
1970pelle

Some people are just plan ungrateful.

I have been here a short time. I really don't sell much. I do have a 86 chevy truck that I'm rebuilding for myself, and have a lot of take off parts and mock up parts left over. So I have offered up a few pieces up for free when I saw a need. I have tried to help a couple of guys out with parts, but they complained about something. I was only asking for shipping cost. The parts are in great condition, because the truck is a nice southern truck no rust.
Just recently I offered up the ECU to 68c10owner, which took a few days to sort out details. Because of the time zones. He sent me $40.00 for a ECU and a couple of sensors. Then asked if I had anymore which I said I thought I did, and would include them in the box. And he could pay me what he thought they would be worth when he saw what was there. I didn't get the box shipped out right away.
We live in Florida close to the beach and get all kinds of out of state company. And I lost track of shipping the box. Clearly my fault,I do stuff like that all the time. I'm getting old. So I send the box out.
So today I get a hateful message from Mr. 68c10owner telling me off. In our messages he didn't state the great urgency till just this week.
I have tried helping here on this forum, I'm willing to give these parts away. But I sure don't want to take a beating doing so.

Ken

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.”
― Ronald Reagan
1970pelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:07 PM   #2
Warrens69GMC

Re: Some people are just plan ungrateful.

You know prepaid boxes from USPS makes everything easy-peasy. No issue getting to the post office .....
Warrens69GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 01:03 PM   #3
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Ken, I'm sure you meant no harm as you were clearly trying to get parts to a member for a deal. But FWIW, online deals have resulted in soooo many sketchy situations, that the member on the receiving end probably got gun shy and thought you kept his $40.

He needs to realize that free parts show up whenever they show up, and you need to destress and not let his reaction bother you. No one was actually ripped off, no malice occurred, and no one ACTUALLY suffered a consequence from anything. Walk away, end of story.

The internet is like Schroedingers Cat; if you don't check on it, is it really there?

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 02:24 PM   #4
chewychevy67

I hear ya. I have had both kinds of transactions BUT the good will outweigh the rough ones. If he needed them asap he should have stated but you should keep contact with him as well. I find contact for both sides often results in a good transaction. Life happens we just need to make everything cleat to all parties involved.
chewychevy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 12:03 PM   #5
1970pelle

Yea I know all things pass. It just gets under your skin when your trying to help somebody out. The parts he wanted plus all the other emissions components I could find. He should be set for a while.

I sent his $40.00 back also.

Ken

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.”
― Ronald Reagan

Last edited by 1970pelle; 03-29-2016 at 12:05 PM. Reason: edit
1970pelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:57 PM   #6
Rochlow

I've given tons of parts away based on how an old member on here use to do the same for me. (sharpie1972). However, after time I received the same attitude.

Shortly, around that time I gave a "magazine editor" a first and second edition of the magazine he edited. Perfect condition in plastic. No, thank you. Nothing..
Old 04-01-2016, 01:32 AM   #7
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochlow View Post
Shortly, around that time I gave a "magazine editor" a first and second edition of the magazine he edited. Perfect condition in plastic. No, thank you. Nothing..
Having been an editor, I can tell ya that most of 'em are egomaniacs and its also what makes them great editors. Editing a circulated publication (especially if its actually popular or is industry relevant) requires a dictatorship. You have to be willing to take peoples hard work and personal words, cut them to sh!t while attempting to justify that you know what they said...better than they did. They also get everything for free in their industry. Needless to say, gratitude is not a strong suit.

Old 04-12-2016, 05:32 PM   #8
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochlow View Post
I've given tons of parts away based on how an old member on here use to do the same for me. (sharpie1972). However, after time I received the same attitude.

If that is an automotive magazine editor that has one of our trucks. He is one of only a couple people I had an issue with between here and the HAMB over many years. Not too bad record I guess.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 06:21 PM   #9
Rochlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
If that is an automotive magazine editor that has one of our trucks. He is one of only a couple people I had an issue with between here and the HAMB over many years. Not too bad record I guess.
Pretty sure it's a different magazine. Founded in the late 80s and just recently pulled of the market
Old 05-17-2016, 02:42 AM   #10
68c10owner

Just happened to see this, thought I'd give my side of the story. I posted a WTB ad and Ken replied. Said he had what I neededo, which he did. He said to send him what I thought was fair which I did, the $40. That $40 was to cover a used ECM and a used 350 PROM. I told Ken that I needed to the ECM because mine was bad causing my CEL to stay on and not fire my mixture control solenoid on my electronic qjet. I needed to get the ECM so I could fix the light, get the truck smogged and finish getting it titled in my name. Silly me I figured he understood what I was trying to do and it was a timely issue because I'm on a temporary registration. I did ask if he had other smog parts. I didnt really need anything else but since these mid 80s smog trucks are getting hard to find parts I thought I'd take what I could find. He did say the ECM was from a 86 and the other parts he thought was a 85 or 86. Well they turned out to be 1981 and the only thing I could use from the parts I got were the 1986 ECM and the PROM.

This is where is gets interesting. He tells me he had them boxed and ready to ship out. I send a couple messages asking if they were shipped and he replied he had company over the weekend and didn't ship them. At this time a priority package would have arrived if he had shipped them when he said he was going to. Ok, you had company so when should I expect them? Was almost 2 weeks before they arrived. Within that time I learned reman ECM's were available at the autoparts for $75 and I could have had it next day. But I already put money out on one and wasn't in the position to spend more. In the mean time of going back and forth with Ken asking when he is going to ship my parts he then starts the name calling. I was respectful the entire time but did get on him for not shipping when he said, not returning pm's, ect. I dont feel anything I said justified being called a a$$. I still have the emails to back my case.

Ken, you helped me with the parts I needed but then got all high and mighty because you dropped the ball and I called you on it. Now you are on here further trying to smear my name? What does that say about you Ken? I called you on your mistake and now I'm the bad guy. You accused me of being like all the other "a$$'s" on this page but the fact is you are not taking accountability for your mistakes.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:03 AM   #11
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

One guy says a few days, one guy says a few weeks. So which is it?

Old 05-18-2016, 12:10 AM   #12
68c10owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
One guy says a few days, one guy says a few weeks. So which is it?
I will have to check my emails because it's been a couple months now but it was not a few days. And it's not the "free parts" I was waiting for. It was the parts that I paid for that I wanted. I even told him to not bother sending the other stuff, just send the ecm I paid for. This is going to become a huge ordeal and I'm not going to get into it again. Facts are I paid for parts and was told they would ship. I waited a correct amount of time before asking about them again only to get more excuses. When I called him on it, he calls me names and makes me out to be the bad guy. Nobody takes accountability for their actions these days so I expect nothing less from Ken.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:03 PM   #13
Front Range

Sometimes things don't work out the way we plan. Problems usually start when people feel attacked and defend their pride - like we all do.

Snipped Quote from Marc MacYoung on the Economy of Relationships; "Don't disrespect. Don't demean. Don't treat other people like ****. Don't insult. Don't verbally attack. Don't go out of your way to confront. And most of all don't be a hostile, self-righteous asshole -- no matter how self-righteous you feel. If that tone of voice would light you up, don't use it. If that look of contempt would infuriate you, don't look at other people like that. If someone being more concerned about their own **** and not caring about you lights you up, don't do the same to others. If people not listening to you flames you, listen to others! Being polite is *not* a sign of weakness, it's a sign of respect, reliability, and the willingness to cooperate with someone. Doing that other ****, says the exact opposite."

Is it possible being polite to one another and seeing each others viewpoint would help with resolution? Hey friend sorry about that + Yeah brother also sorry about that = an opportunity for a better outcome. Something to think about.
Old 05-23-2016, 01:40 AM   #14
El Dorado Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68c10owner View Post
I will have to check my emails because it's been a couple months now but it was not a few days. And it's not the "free parts" I was waiting for. It was the parts that I paid for that I wanted. I even told him to not bother sending the other stuff, just send the ecm I paid for. This is going to become a huge ordeal and I'm not going to get into it again. Facts are I paid for parts and was told they would ship. I waited a correct amount of time before asking about them again only to get more excuses. When I called him on it, he calls me names and makes me out to be the bad guy. Nobody takes accountability for their actions these days so I expect nothing less from Ken.
I agree with you, Ken dropped the ball and is mad at you for calling him on it wtf?
El Dorado Jim is offline   Reply With Quote