The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Past Contest Winners > 2004 ToTM Archive

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-05-2004, 11:51 AM   #1
redz 1970 K5
OBS guy

October Blazer of the Month

My time is up! Allright. For a little history-

In 2002, I had a NICE 86 Corvette... 2 events led me to get an old Blazer...

1- I really wanted one since I was a kid
2- I needed some more $$$ to close the deal on my home

So, I traded this Vette below for the Blazer in said topic and $$$ to close my house...

I found the Blazer in Provo, UT. It was a 'vocational school' project. In order for the students to pass the course, they had to remove ALL rust panels and repair with as little filler use as possible. When I got it, I was happy with it cosmetically, however mechanically it leaved much to be desired.

Within months I grew frustrated due to mechanical issues and having a hard time registering it in CA, and sold it for $5,000. Thought that was it. I bought a 94 Z71 with some of the proceeds, thinking it was what I wanted instead-

Well, as it turns out, I regretted selling the Blazer and wished I never sold it. I was going to buy a Blazer that my uncle had for $1,500. I had the deal all setup, when low and behold, I am looking in the autotrader, and there is MY OLD BLAZER in all of it's glory! I called him, and within minutes, I made arrangements to get it the next day. He had made thousands in repairs, registered it, and sold it to me for $1,000 less then I sold it to him!!!

I sold the Z71 shortly thereafter and have been reunited with my Blazer. I am still frustrated since things do still come up, but that is the nature of these old trucks.

1971 K5
4" Springs front/rear
RS 5000's
33x12.50R15s on 15x10 AREs
12 Bolt Rear/D44 Front 3.73's
NP205
Rebuilt TH350
Rebuilt 350 - HEI, Edelbrock intake, Carter AFB, Electric Fan

Double wall top
Tailgate handle relocation- Chevy emblem skin installed on tailgate
Rear roll pan
Rhino Lining
Pioneer head unit, 6x9s under back seat, 6 1/2" in door panels

This thing is a blast to drive... My intentions are to pull the truck apart and revive it soon. Aside from gratuitous powder coating, I will be replacing all wiring, break/fuel lines, tank, body mounts, rear fenders, outer rocker panels and a few other panels that were not installed very well.

Good old Zumo did a photochop of what direction I think I will take with the style- I want to add a new modern look to the classic lines of an already classic truck. That is at the bottom.

Without further ado, a lot of pictures a lot of you have probably seen!

ZUMO chop-

Thanks again, this website is great, and you folks are great. Some of the forums are a little stuffy where a LOT is spoken but not a lot gets said. This forum has a great group of folks united by a passion not a lot of people share. Great community!!!
redz 1970 K5 is offline   Reply With Quote