The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Past Contest Winners > 2004 ToTM Archive

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

View Poll Results: December 67-72 TOTM
Josh 7 10.77%
chevyjayfsd 23 35.38%
chevman-67 8 12.31%
71402bb 1 1.54%
CPNE Jr 2 3.08%
Browndawg71 24 36.92%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 07:00 AM   #1
BOSS
Just here to help

Vote for December totm 67-72

Josh

****** Truck Information ******
General
Manufacturer: Chevy
Year: 69
How long have you owned this truck?: 8 years
History behind the truck: Originally my dads truck, I wound up with it when I turned 16, and have been loving it ever since then, needs major restore, but thats in the works, slowly...

Chassis
Suspension type: Stock
Front Brakes: Power Drums
Modifications: none
Rear Brakes: Power Drums
Steering: Power
Front and rear tire/wheel type: Chrome 8 spokes
Front differential type / Gears: none
Rear differential type / Gears: 3.07

Body
Color Scheme: Vermillion, Black Primer, Grey Primer
Bodyman: Myself, and a 1983 datsun
Modifications: n/a
Paint Type: faded
Painter: unknown, likely maaco

Interior

Color: Many
Material: stock vinyl pieces
Upholsterer: General Motors corporation, Chevrolet Division, and whoever made my seat cover
Wiring: Custom hacked by previous owner
Modifications: Custom splices after wiring fires due to custom switch installs by the previous owner
Steering wheel/Column: Stock column with sloppy shifter
Stereo/Speakers/Amps: Jensen deck with blown Pioneer 5"
Air Conditioning: Yep, laying in pieces in the garage
Instrument Gauges: Restored factory cluster with aftermarket tach and red backlighting

Engine

Cubic Inch: 350
Manufacturer: Chevy
Camshaft: Stock
Cylinder heads: 993s with 2.02/1.55 valves
Valve Covers: stock
Intake Manifold: 67 camaro SS hi-po 327 intake (another previous owner item.. i suppose it flows ok for a stock cast iron...)
Ignition System: Tweaked HEI
Exhaust type: True duals with turbo muffs

Transmission

Automatic / Standard: Auto (th400)
Torque Converter: Yep
Modifications: Custom slippage in first gear due to me overheating it three times with a heavy load
Shifter type: Sloppy column shift
Drive Shaft: yep
Attached Images

Old 12-11-2004, 07:07 AM   #2
BOSS
Just here to help

chevjayfsd

General
Manufacturer: Chevrolet
Year: 1972
How long have you owned this truck?: 15 years
History behind the truck: My dad needed some form of transportation to and from work, and a friend was willing to part with a truck that he had. Well we went to look at it, and to say the least, were disappointed. It was a 1972 C-10 Custom Deluxe with the LWB. The truck was shot. Rust in all of the usual places, all of the glass was spider-cracked, and not all of the pieces were there. The truck had the original 350, which did not run. The truck was 3 different colors, white, blue and rust, with dents everywhere. All four tires were flat and bald. We ended up buying the truck for $800, but the thing was, we had to spend enough money on it to get it inspected and running.
We got it home and worked on it just enough to get it running and to the inspection place. My dad then continued to drive it for about six years to and from work. We then bought a 90’ Bonneville, which was his new mode of transportation, he told me we would one day fix the 72 up real nice. The truck sat for about 5 years, and he told me we should just sell the thing. Needless to say, I put up a fight. One day, when I was 14 and out of school for summer, he drove off to work, and I got up and went into the garage, where I removed all of the front sheet metal, and had my best friend help me. When my dad got home, needless to say he was steamed. But that was all that was needed to get him into the mood. He came home one day and asked if I would rather have a Short bed truck, and I said yeah! So we cut the frame, and 2 years later after blood, sweat and tears we ended up with this truck!

Chassis
Suspension type: Early classic 5.5/4” drop: Front = 2.5” spindles and 3”springs, and 4” springs in rear.
Front Brakes: Stock Disc Brakes
Modifications: Truck was a LWB, we cut the frame 20” and slapped a short bed on it. The frame was painted black w/ Torch Red suspension components. Gas tank moved out of cab to Blazer tank setup under bed.
Rear Brakes: Stock Drum Setup
Steering: Stock
Front and rear tire/wheel type: Front : BF Goodrich 225/75/15 w/ Progressive 15x7. Rear : BF Goodrich 275/60/15 w/ Progressive 15x8.
Rear differential type / Gears: 12 bolt Chevy - 3.73 posi.

Body
Color Scheme: GM Torch Red (Corvette Color) and lots of chrome
Bodyman: Dan’s Paint and Body (Potosi, Tx)
Modifications: Shaved all badges but 350 badge under side marker. Shaved gas neck. Shaved molding holes.
Paint Type: 3 stage Dupont
Painter: Dan’s Paint and Body in Potosi, Tx

Interior

Color: Gray/Black/Red
Material: Leather and Vinyl
Upholsterer: We did it.
Wiring: Stock
Modifications: All painted interior with Roddoors Components
Steering wheel/Column: Original tilt column w/ 90 Chevy wheel
Stereo/Speakers/Amps: Don’t need any. I have Exhaust!!!!
Air Conditioning: Stock A/C non functional. Don’t need any, it just robs HP!
Instrument Gauges: Stock

Engine

Cubic Inch: 355 C.I.
Camshaft: Comp Cams .484 lift
Cylinder heads: STAGE II Vortec
Valve Covers: Summit Racing
Intake Manifold: Edelbrock Performer RPM
Ignition System: HEI Dizzy
Exhaust type: 2.5” True Dual w/ 40 series Flowmasters, and Headers

Transmission

Automatic / Standard: Auto
Torque Converter: 2500 RPM
Modifications: B&M Shift Kit
Shifter type: Column
Drive Shaft: Custom built

Old 12-11-2004, 07:13 AM   #3
BOSS
Just here to help

More pics

Old 12-11-2004, 07:18 AM   #4
BOSS
Just here to help

chevman-67

General
Manufacturer:Chevrolet
Year:1967
How long have you owned this truck?:1998
History behind the truck:I am the 3rd owner of this truck,Bought it from a guy who was the 2nd owner that had plans on resoring it but never did anything with it.The first owner bought it and was a farmer that used it on his farm for many years.

Chassis
Suspension type:Coil springs all around.HD shocks.
Front Brakesrums
Modifications:HD coils in front.Needed them to hold v-8 motor.
Power brakes from 68 pickup as everything was manual and this truck is a daily driver.
Rear Brakesrums
Steering:Power steering off 72 pickup with a 307 cid.
Front and rear tire/wheel type:P275-60-15 Daytona Radial SR tires with Monte Carlo Chrome Directionals on all 4 corners.
Front differential type / Gears:N/A
Rear differential type / Gears:Origanal 12 bolt with 307 Gears.

Body
Color Scheme:Blue
Bodyman: Myself and a good friend.
Modifications:I added front & rear marker lights,shaved the hood & fender emblems.
Paint Typeupont, Competition blue, enamel.
Painter:Myself and friend that helped with body work.

Interior

Color:All Black with Blue power 6 way seats.
Material:Velour & Vinyl
Upholsterer:My wife
Wiring:All stock
Modifications:Added a pull out deck,made kick panels,headliner, door panels.
Steering wheel/Column:Blue & Chrome grant wheel.Used stock column from another truck that had a 4 on the floor.
Stereo/Speakers/Amps:Sony Xplode 50x4 CD,2,6x9 200w Sonys in custom box,1, 6x9 Sony in dash,2 Tweeters 120w on dash.1 Amp mounted to box 240w Rampage.
Air Conditioning:N/A
Instrument Gauges:Full Gauge cluster with vacume NO tach. Tach on column.

Engine

Cubic Inch:355 CID ,Had 250 6 cyl ,Thats gone.
Manufacturer:GM
Camshaft:Edelbrock Performer plus#
Cylinder heads:400 CID #
Valve Covers:Full chrome kit on engine.
Intake Manifold:Edelbrock performer RPM,Idel to 5500
Ignition System:HEI.
Exhaust typeual Exhaust front to back 2 1/4" with Terminator mufflers,Stock ramhorn manifolds and Stainless steel Bowtie exhaust tips.

Transmission

Automatic / Standard:Standard Borg Warner T-10 out of 69 Pontiac GTO.4 speed.
Torque Converter:N/A
Modifications:Had 3 on the tree ,not anymore.
Shifter type:Hurst with T handel
Drive Shaft:1 piece.
This truck is both mine and my daughters she is 11 years old and loves it as much as I do if not more.We together found that she is a true gear head and loves the muscle cars and trucks from the past.I will not take all the credit in this truck as my daughter and I both had equal time and ideas on building it.This truck has had a complete frame off restoration and nothing got smashed, cut, or deformed in any way.This truck can be put back together to stock no holes in doors for speakers, ect.All we wanted was a play toy to have fun in and drive every day in the summer.Hope everyone enjoys our truck as much as we do .

Old 12-11-2004, 07:23 AM   #5
BOSS
Just here to help

71402bb

Ho Ho Ho! It’s Christmas and Santa has ditched his sleigh and 8 tiny reindeer for a 68 burb! All decked out in green and gold for the holidays with plenty of room for toys for all the good girls and boys!
This burb is an original 3 seater that was equipped with a 307 and a 4 speed tranny. When I got it, it had a 350 with an Edelbrock carb. It was driven for about a year that way until a small fender bender (you guessed it left front) side-lined it. It was then parked and all the small-block manual tranny pieces (clutch linkage, flywheel, etc) were robbed off it as well as the carb for my younger brother’s (CPNEJR) project. He traded me low-mileage 250 six and manual tranny for those parts.
After sitting for a year, I finally got off my butt and got it fixed up so I could drive it. The entire front-end has new parts and the 250 six was outfitted with HEI and power steering. It even has an original offset oil-bath air cleaner to clear the brake booster. I installed an original 3-on-the tree column and shift linkage, because after all, it is a vintage truck…and Santa doesn’t drive an automatic. With the engine, drivetrain, and 4:11 posi gearing, it’ll go about anywhere you can get a 2wd vehicle. I also installed the correct Jr West Coast mirrors and a set of vintage dog dish hubcaps.
Enjoy!
Year: 1968
How long have you owned this truck?: 3 years

Chassis
Suspension type: Stock
Front Brakes: drums
Rear Brakes: drums
Rear differential type / Gears: 4:11 posi

Body
Color Scheme: Gold with fawn interior but not a 50th

Engine
Cubic Inch: 250 I6
Ignition System: HEI
Exhaust type: Stock, single

Transmission
Standard: 3-on-tree manual

Old 12-11-2004, 07:35 AM   #6
BOSS
Just here to help

Cpnejr

Chevrolet
4 yrs.
Got after my dad bought it and thought it was too nice to part out. Since I had wanted a truck he gave it to me.
Stock
Stock disc
None
Stock
Goodyear/ stock
N/A
3:08
Stock red
Me and my dad
None
N/A
Me and my dad
Black
Vinyl
Me and my dad
Stock
None
Stock
Stock
None
Stock
Chevrolet
Stock
Stock
Stock
Stock
HEI
Flowmaster
Standard
Stock
Stock
Stock 3 speed
Stock

Old 12-11-2004, 04:54 PM   #7
BOSS
Just here to help

browndawg71

here are some more pics and details on my truck. i bought this at a car lot here in paris for $800 . drove it for awhile and started working on it. had a 6cl and 3 spd when i got it . went with a small block shortly after i got it. me and a coworker did all the body and paint work at my work lowry chevrolet in paris texas. me and a friend built the 468 . we assembled it w/ 781 casting oval ports , solid cam , roller rockers ,forged speed pro pistons, ,vic jr intake, and 1000 cfm holley hp series double pumper. it also has a turbo 350 trans w/ a 3500 tci stall and factory 12 bolt w/ 373s and eaton posi. sorry i didnt have any pics of the interior but it has a diamond pleated seat and all new interior. recently added a goodmark cowl hood and my wife bought me body side mouldings as a 27th birthday present. i have drove this truck to our local and have run(1/8 mile) 7.70s on the motor, and 6.80s on a 200 shot of nitrous , on pump gas.hope you guys like! also, thanx stacydude.

Closed Thread