The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-03-2003, 04:35 PM   #1
clean71

Brake Question

Hi,

I have a 68 chevy with ECE disc conversion on the front and a Dana 60 rear with what I believe are Caddy discs on the back. My brakes (the rear I think) are making a clicking noise. I had it in the shop and they told me it was caused by the pads being loose. However, they said there was nothing I could do about it because it was customized. This didn't make sense to me. I could see them saying that about the proportioning or something like that but not the pads. Since the setup came complete, rearend, rotors, calipers and pads, I assume these parts were tested together. Has anyone else experienced this? Do you have a fix? Any input would be appeciated.
clean71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 06:05 PM   #2
sactoC10
71 DELUX

I had a disc conversion done once on my 68 Mustang...the front. It was a complet kit installed by a professional, yet it had regular problems for the six months or so. I only say this so that you might understand that there could be more tweaks and service needed to get things right. Just my 2 cents!
sactoC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 11:34 PM   #3
truckster

Nothing you can do because it's customized? That's about the stupidest thing I've heard in a while. It just means that if they haven't seen it before, they don't know how to do it, because they don't really know how brakes work. If you want to have a shop do the work, I'd find a different shop.
Old 09-04-2003, 01:37 PM   #4
TooMany2count
Who's in CHARGE??????????

do you have the correct proportioning valve for a dual dusc brake set up???? if not there may not be enuff pressure holding them in place, also they do make a sticky pad to glue the pads to the calipers........joe
Donate Blood,Plasma,Platelets & sign your DONORS CARD & SAVE a LIFE
TooMany2count is offline   Reply With Quote