The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2016, 01:20 AM   #1
nlped

1963 1/2 Ford Falcon aka Martha

Well, I thought I'd do a quick intro of my latest addition to my 'collection'. It's a red 1963 1/2 Ford Falcon Futura Sprint. I've always had an affinity for these cars but hadn't ever owned one...until October 7th of this year when that finally changed. I found the car through an old friend of mine who now lives in Texas. I had mentioned to him that I'd sold several of my 'toys' & really thought that for my. Ext project I wanted a Falcon. And, low & behold, his buddy had one he wanted (maybe not wanted, but needed) to sell. After a month of negotiating we finally struck up a satisfactory solution for us both. I then drove out to north central Texas and made the deal.

Here's what she looked like on day #1...

A little about the car on day one. It has a mildly built 302 with GT40 heads and a FMS e303 camshaft, AODe transmission, aluminum driveshaft, and 8.8 rearend with 3.73's & 31 spline Cobra TracLoc. I was truly impressed with how well it ran. It also has a/c, power disc/drum brakes and power steering with quite a few suspension upgrades. The car ran 8:20's in the 1/8th mile on these little 14" white walls.

My wife and I were very pleased with our new acquisition.
Attached Images

1968 Chevy SWB Fleet... Walt

1963-1/2 Ford Falcon Futura...Martha

Last edited by nlped; 11-27-2016 at 10:30 AM.
nlped is offline   Reply With Quote