The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 60-66 Suburbans

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-21-2016, 09:43 PM   #1
sk8er32283

Finally settled down in Norfolk, VA!! I found some seats!!!

Well, it has been a while since I have posted here in the forum. I have been moving my family and house hold goods to Norfolk VA area from Idaho. Don't ask why, because the US Navy says so. I didn't drive the 66 Burb(No name yet). We drug it with my wife's mini van believe it or not.

I just wanted to update you guys on something I have been working on. I have really been researching what I want to do for seats in the burb and have finally pulled the trigger. It turns out that there are a lot more resources for parts here in Norfolk as compared to Idaho Falls.

I settled on a set of Ford Freestyle middle row captains chairs w/ console for the front row. For the 2nd and 3rd row, I was inspired by LT1 Burbs post about the 3rd row seats from early 2000's Tahoes and Yukons.

Right now the front seats are Black and the others are gray. I have to decide if I want all black or all gray and then figure out how I am going to get the colors switched. Right now I think the easiest and cheapest would be to die the gray seats black and paint the plastic pieces to match. This would give me a nice matching set of seats.

Front row seats for a suburban with only 2 door are very difficult to choose. Here is the reason I went with the Ford Freestyle. Price was 150 bucks for the entire set up. This included, seat belts, both seats and the center console and all the mounting hardware. I thought that was a steal. The seat back rest adjust front to back. The entire seat slides back and forth, making for an easy adjustment at the drivers wheel. The mounting points are fairly straight forward with nice flat feet up front and a latching mechanism in back. The seat back folds forward and then the entire seat rocks forward. This makes for easy access to the back, at least on the passenger side anyways. The one feature I was really hoping to find in my donor seats was an integrated seat belt similar to my second and third row donors, but I thought that could easily be overcome as compared to the other features that these particular seats had that met my criteria. Size wise I think these will fit pretty easily. The width in the original car was a little short of what is available in the burb. I will probably mount the console and then mount the driver seat, centering it on the steering wheel. Before drilling holes though I will mock up the passenger side to ensure that when the entire seat is rocked forward it all works as planned.

The 2nd and 3rd row seats are from the 2002-2006 generation of tahoe/yukon/ESV(I think this is the correct expanse of the generation). The can be folded forward for easy access and storage of larger items. They can also be removed for even larger items. I bought one set for 180 and the other for 120 off of craigslist.

Here are some pictures of my mock up in the garage.

Name:  2016-01-21 19.58.11.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  45.0 KB

Name:  2016-01-21 19.58.26.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  48.1 KB

Name:  2016-01-21 20.00.58.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  47.4 KB

1971 Chevrolet C10(78 motor), Longbed, 69 Bed I think
Quadrajet 4 barrel 7043208, Th350 tranny, No A/C
Various components are lightly to highly modified depending on the number of beers consumed prior to modifications performed.
sk8er32283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 10:26 PM   #2
flashed

Re: Finally settled down in Norfolk, VA!! I found some seats!!!

Those look nice and comfy.
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 01:42 PM   #3
PGSigns

Welcome to the area. I'm not that far from you if you need any truck stuff.
Jimmy
1966 BBW long fleet Daily driver
1965 BBW short fleet Sold and going to a good home
1965 Suburban
2003 3500 Duramax
2005 Ultra Classic
PGSigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 03:01 PM   #4
gostranger
65 suburban vortec 5.3 bagged

cant wait to see pics of the suburban!!
gostranger is offline   Reply With Quote