The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-03-2017, 01:21 PM   #1
davischevy

Good Neighbors.

First of all this thread is not about a "good" neighbor and I already know the answer to my situation. I'm just trying to cool off before I go talk to the guy next door.

My property is joined by subdivision's on two sides.

I keep the area along the fences mowed and manicured.

At one point, I had a scrubby looking small tree about three feet off the fence, and it was not encroaching on the adjoining property, just their view.

The tree was so shabby I was planning to cut it down for the adjoining property owners who I have never met.

Yesterday I was down there and the A$$hole next door had come on my property and cut the tree.

If the guy had asked me, I would have smiled, and cut it for him, but he just took it on himself to cut it without telling me, and that pisses me off.

If I hadn't had my 5 year old grandson with me I would have confronted the neighbor right then.

This is not about the tree. I could care less about the tree, but it bothers me that a guy would come on my property and cut a tree without consulting me.

My wife says I am making too much of this.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:31 PM   #2
mrtoni

Re: Good Neighbors.

Good read. At least your not in California. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.csm...0s01-lihc.html
mrtoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:38 PM   #3
hotsam

Most here in East Tn. (At least where I live) aren't brave enough to do something like that.. They know better. I woulda guessed Arkansas wouldn't be much different !! I bet they are not natives to your area ?? That's crazy ! Right or wrong on my part, I would be in a confrontation for sure.. haha
1955 2 door 210 post
hotsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:47 PM   #4
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsam View Post
Most here in East Tn. (At least where I live) aren't brave enough to do something like that.. They know better. I woulda guessed Arkansas wouldn't be much different !! I bet they are not natives to your area ?? That's crazy ! Right or wrong on my part, I would be in a confrontation for sure.. haha
I would guess they are not from here, and haven't gone through orientation yet.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:11 PM   #5
Boog
laying low

The guy went inside your fenced yard and chopped down your tree? Oh brother, that is totally not acceptable in Arkansas, or anywhere else for that matter. What's next? Repaint your house for you? You just don't do those things. Once you cool down you should explain this to him in a neighborly kind of way. He may be your neighbor for a very long time so it's better to "nip this thing in the bud" as Officer Fife used to say.
You appreciate his doing you a favor and all but he should have asked what your intentions were first.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 02:12 PM   #6
midniteblues

That wasnt a very neighborly thing too do.

Maybe you need many no trespassing signs pointed in his direction.

These and posted signs become very popular this time of year during hunting season.

Sometimes for good reason.

I find it slightly ridiculous to NAIL them too practically every tree though.
Which is also very common around here.
Kinda ruins the scenery.
Attached Images

'74 heald super bronc vt8. tecumseh powered moon rover.
midniteblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 02:35 PM   #7
davischevy

Guys like this guy next door made it necessary to nail a sign to every tree.

Old 12-03-2017, 02:38 PM   #8
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

I respectfully disagree with your wife on this. It is totally unacceptable for anyone, neighbor or otherwise, to come onto your property and remove a tree -- or for just about any other reason. Cool off first, them have that talk before more time passes. No need to be confrontational, but be firm. Hopefully he'll understand your concerns and you can get along from here on. If he goes off on you, might have to have the law explain things to him.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 02:52 PM   #9
fine69

I would wait until he is not home and burn his house down. But that’s just me....��

Board member #6

fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 02:56 PM   #10
YBNORML

I hate to sound like an internet keyboard tough guy, but I can’t see any sort of friendly response for such behaviour.

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 02:57 PM   #11
Boog
laying low

It's highly possible there are grounds for a lawsuit and criminal prosecution here. Of course no one wants that but it's a realization that guy needs to be made aware of.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 02:59 PM   #12
In The Ten Ring

After two break in attempts I am very serious about trespassing.

My neighbors are pretty good....the lady up the hill from me lets her kid by with too much though. I guess I finally got through to him about his riding a motorcycle on my property. Single parent mommy (being his best friend) tried to make something out of me bawling him out so I let her know just what I told him. "It happens again and I involve the police and the court." No wonder she hasn't returned my wave when she drives by.

Another neighbor is scared to death he'll get sued for something. His tree fell over onto my property but no damage was done. *It damaged my squirrel feeder was all but that thing is ready for the scrap heap anyway.*

I told his wife, "don't be in a hurry to get rid of that thing, I'll cut it up for firewood and we'll split the profits." Nope, he had it removed the next day.

With all the break-ins in the area, we neighbors have really gotten close and serious about protecting each other. My one neighbor has scared off two break in teams and I scared off one. I go out to speak with everyone that parks in my driveway...no one has gotten an attitude so far, which is good.....pepper spray for the annoying ones and Speer Gold Dot for the threatening sort.

Davischevy,

There is no excuse for anyone to come onto your property and damage anything. Will you have words with the offender?
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 03:13 PM   #13
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
I would wait until he is not home and burn his house down. But that’s just me....��
After all, it's ugly and blocking your view.
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 03:31 PM   #14
hotsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Haha..... nice !!!! I just spewed coffe all over the place !!
1955 2 door 210 post
hotsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 03:40 PM   #15
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

From what you tell us my friend ,,is,,,I doubt any more will come of this as he got what he wanted.. ,,,,,,,,and do not see any other thing he could want from you,,, what I would of done years ago and what I would do now is not the same...I am guessing the same for you ..I think you should listen your dear wife as she is using a cool head about it and maybe thinking she would rather you lose an old dead ugly tree than her losing a very good husband from a neighbor who you know is without shame comes onto your property with out permission and cuts down a worthless tree.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:28 PM   #16
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

A business owner in our area decided the neighbors trees were blocking his business so he cut some down. Courts made him replant full size trees which was not cheap. Doubt he will do it again
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 05:59 PM   #17
68bowtie

He was absolutely past the line (no pun intended). The right thing to do imho is to confront him kindly and tell him he trespassed on and damaged your property without permission and ask him not to do it again. Some people have bad intentions, and some some are just ignorant. The only way to know which it is the next time he does something like this is to make sure he knows your position. Document the incident well and if it happens again you will be well armed enough to take it as far as you want.

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:08 PM   #18
68Gold/white

Your wife does have some good in her point of view....forgive me for saying so...

Go plant another tree EXACTLY where the other one was...Or......

They make these monster tree transplanting machines that are usually on the back of a medium duty truck. You might be able to plant a fairly large tree where the old one was...

Put a sign on it. Leave MY trees alone!
68Gold/white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:16 PM   #19
rharris

Congratulations on having the ability to cool off first. Id like to think I'm learning how to do that in my age, but sometimes I remind myself that I haven't quite got where I should be. I would definitely be talking to him, in a calm manner with hopes that tone keeps. Chances are he's going to make a deal out of you bringing it to his attention that he was wrong. He will probably put the focus on a scrappy tree, rather than the fact that in some places with other people he may have a gun shot wound. I saw in the paper last week that a lady was walking her dog and it must of disrupted a hunter - he shot and killed her dog as she was walking it from an unseen distance. Real respectable guy.
rharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:18 PM   #20
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

First off, your neighbor should have asked....that said, you had planned to cut the tree down anyway? It is best, to cool down &talk with the neighbor....no point in a big "roundy pounder", or court battle I have a verbal agreement with the neighbor on the north side of me...(I hope she stays for a long time)! Jo Ann, just says, "Al, cut /trim anything you think needs it"....but I always ask Maybe you can let the neighbor know, that he saved you a little work& you are happy about that....but maybe talk 1st next time? Keep a cool head...longhorn
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 07:40 PM   #21
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

He has a lot of balls doing that. What a c^(^.

But as a hypocrite to some level, I pulled two of the neighbor's bushes out, without asking. Relocated the drip too, without asking. The guy has the oldest house here, but only half of the front is landscaped. The unfinished section along out property line is primarily dirt, and this dirt doesn't bold well with a finished landscape, especially in dry Nv. winds. It would have been a wasted effort to landscape my front yard.

His son asked that I let his dad know and we'd rock on both sides of the property. Just as soon as I asked the senile old man responds with "get the fk off my property". I offered to do all the work if he paid for his material.

So I had to build a fence, and I was quite comfortable pulling his bushes that were in the way (literally planted on fence property line). Course I didn't ask if he'd help pay for that fence, never mind the wood fence I built in the back along his useless cyclone. His entire backyard is just dirt. I guess I expect too much. After all, his place is 20 years old. It's the only place in the neighborhood that's unfinished.

I also cut his limbs etc. without asking, so it doesn't damage my trailer again. Really, the old man has since gone, and his son is equally useless. We're on good terms however. That's my good neighbor. The others are California snowflake grown and are offended by everything, including the air I breathe.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details such as OEM identifications& part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 12-03-2017 at 07:48 PM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:44 PM   #22
Killer Bee

as the ol' saying goes, good fences make good neighbors..

I was raised here - where the side with cattle was most concerned about fence conditions, others didn't care much..

but most mutually maintain healthy fence lines for various reasons.. if all goes as planned, I'll be back there when I retire..

but for now I live in suburban orange county california.. but got my neighbor count down to only one..

big corner lot with a park in the back so only one neighbor.. who happens to be awesome!

whole back yard is enclosed in split face block, 3 gates - one 10' drive through..

the one property line between the neighbor's front yard is a nice hedge row on their side..

not exactly sure what I'd do in op's position.. a lot would depend on his response when I talked to him..

apologetic and polite would just get a hand shake and acknowledgment that I was planning to anyway..

defensive or rude in any way, well, use your imagination, I would be..

then it would only depend how much time I had to mess with him..

demand he replants or face litigation, then just cut the new tree down in front of him?

plant a bunch of ugly trees along the entire property line?

well, op, hope it works out and you and your neighbor manage to get along..
Old 12-03-2017, 09:01 PM   #23
Killer Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by midniteblues View Post
That wasnt a very neighborly thing too do.

Maybe you need many no trespassing signs pointed in his direction.

These and posted signs become very popular this time of year during hunting season.

Sometimes for good reason.

I find it slightly ridiculous to NAIL them too practically every tree though.
Which is also very common around here.
Kinda ruins the scenery.
yep, they're ugly alright.. encountered a bunch on the east line of the farm past summer..

irony is one of the Wilkinson trees fell across that fence line onto our side..

I cleaned it up and mended the fence but that sucker fell from better than 6' on the other side..

not sure which branch of the family is posting these, but my folks always had a good relationship with them so why bother..

Old 12-03-2017, 09:15 PM   #24
In The Ten Ring

It's definitely best to calm down first, since you'd have to go onto his property to bawl him out. This is how feuds get started and sometimes those end in blood and long prison sentences.

I think a warning is definitely in order but you could start by asking him if he did it and why.

Have you thought about posting a Craigslist ad for him with his number......one like "lonely bottom, call after midnight"?

During the run up to the last Presidential election, a certain candidate's yard signs kept getting stolen. Owners then began posting youtube videos of how they defended their posters. Some made it onto the national news. The best was the electrified version....that one ended up in a fine for the vandal. You could replace the tree with another dead one, even more annoying, set up a camera, and shock the offender.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 09:32 AM   #25
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

Does anyone know how much and where to buy a pack of rabid wolves?
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote