The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-27-2011, 06:15 PM   #151
GmtGmt
Conversion Truck Addicted

Re: 84 Crew Cab Rebuild

More work finaly done with the roof and rear of the cab

moved the cab back and raised it so it was easyer to work on!

doing the last bit of rust and welding replacing cab supports

got the fire wall done just got to put the sound denting on now
this was just something the local boat shop had should work really well also going inside the cab

Paint should be just around the corner

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.
GmtGmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #152
joe231

Right on!
Nice work!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-07-2011, 10:37 PM   #153
bikernut

just found this thread and loving it. Keep at it doing a great job keeping this on the road and away from the scrape yard.
A lot of work but it is looking good, my son and myself did a 75 GMC K1500 completely but didn't have much rust as the truck had been oil undercoated its whole life so not much rust and all the fasteners remove easily. We coated all the bolts and nuts with anti-seize so that if and when anything needs to be removed that they back out easy.
2015 Harley FLHTCUTG Trike ( Maroon)
1995 Harley FLT (2 tone Red)
1992 Chevy S-10 4x4 Blazer (Dark Red)
bikernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:02 AM   #154
80silveradolimited

sweet build. just wondered into this forumn and like your build. keep it up
80silveradolimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:16 AM   #155
GmtGmt

Thanks guys

Finaly got back to the project

got most of the cab ready for paint just some minor stuff to take care off

Just ordered paint today 2 gallons of Por15s new Flexcote Red and a gallon FlexCote White

Name:  Chooredwhite3.jpg
Views: 2330
Size:  17.8 KB

What do you guys think

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:37 AM   #156
wyattglock

That will look good when you get done with paint! Cant wait to see the pics!
wyattglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:06 PM   #157
GmtGmt

Sewer pipes

Name:  DSCF0751_800x600.jpg
Views: 2295
Size:  53.2 KB
Name:  DSCF0758_450x600.JPG
Views: 2299
Size:  60.6 KB
Only one shown the sec is under the truck for mock up
Name:  DSCF0760_800x600.jpg
Views: 2293
Size:  42.6 KB
Name:  DSCF0778.jpg
Views: 2294
Size:  52.4 KB
Name:  DSCF0779.jpg
Views: 2295
Size:  51.0 KB

got to 2 Cherry Bombs Vortec Mufflers ordered 3" and 2½" to 3" adabter

Quote:
Old 04-09-2011, 05:29 PM   #158
Altec
Getcha Pull

Mufflers? On a diesel? Say wha?!
'96 Integra
Altec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:42 PM   #159
GmtGmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altec View Post
Mufflers? On a diesel? Say wha?!
strights pipes are too loud and illegal

Quote:
Old 04-09-2011, 06:11 PM   #160
Altec
Getcha Pull

Come on, man! No such thing as too loud! My old DD was a Cummins with a 5" straight pipe. Sung a sweet tune! My 6.5 is gonna get the same treatment when it goes in.

I can understand the legal part though... Granted, it is illegal to do it where I'm at as well. Just keep a light foot with the fuzz around!
'96 Integra
Old 04-10-2011, 12:56 PM   #161
GmtGmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altec View Post
Come on, man! No such thing as too loud! My old DD was a Cummins with a 5" straight pipe. Sung a sweet tune! My 6.5 is gonna get the same treatment when it goes in.

I can understand the legal part though... Granted, it is illegal to do it where I'm at as well. Just keep a light foot with the fuzz around!
a 6.2 with stright pipes are just loud

a 6.5 and you commins has a turbo and it will lower and change the sound lot

this is a dayli driver and will spend alot of time on the highway so no thanks

Quote:
Old 04-10-2011, 05:14 PM   #162
GmtGmt

not a whole lot to show but some is allways better then nothing

got both down pipes done
Name:  DSCF0787_800x600.jpg
Views: 2276
Size:  60.3 KB
Name:  DSCF0785_800x600.jpg
Views: 2285
Size:  52.6 KB

test fitted the doors and started working on them the passenger side had alot of rust but it was only the outter skin so its salvageble
Name:  DSCF0781_800x600.jpg
Views: 2281
Size:  27.8 KB
Name:  DSCF0782_800x600.jpg
Views: 2266
Size:  43.6 KB

and the driver side had alot of dents but mostly rust free both aline good so just need to get them ready

Name:  DSCF0783_800x600.jpg
Views: 2278
Size:  33.2 KB

going to pickup the passenger rear door and rust free hood next weekend

Quote:
Old 04-13-2011, 02:55 PM   #163
ejn74

Awesome Build!!
ejn74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:46 PM   #164
Altec
Getcha Pull

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmtGmt View Post
a 6.2 with stright pipes are just loud

a 6.5 and you commins has a turbo and it will lower and change the sound lot

this is a dayli driver and will spend alot of time on the highway so no thanks
Actually my 6.5 is a factory N/A. And the turbo on the 5.9 doesn't nearly quiet them down as much as you'd think. It was still louder then the 6.5...
'96 Integra
Old 04-16-2011, 01:14 PM   #165
GmtGmt

Scored a Rust free OEM Passenger Rear door today from a 81 diesel sub

Quote:
Old 04-16-2011, 01:22 PM   #166
wyattglock

Quote:
Scored a Rust free OEM Passenger Rear door today from a 81 diesel sub
Awesome score!!
wyattglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:36 PM   #167
GmtGmt

i love rust free OEM metal

Name:  DSCF0792_450x600.JPG
Views: 2166
Size:  39.6 KB
Name:  DSCF0793_450x600.JPG
Views: 2160
Size:  39.5 KB

came from this burb

Quote:
Old 04-25-2011, 02:31 PM   #168
GmtGmt

Updates

new Rear shocks mounted
pics will follow later

finaly got the brakes to bleed so now i only need to bleed the hydroboost system but that will have to wait until its fired up

got to get me 2 adapters from 2½inch to 3inch and 2 flex tubes so i can get the exhurst complete and the cab can be mounted again

also has to find so engine room insulation.

paint should get her next week, so before summer she shound be ready to tear up the road around here

all left to buy really is a 6 new tires, windsheild, ebrake cable and front shocks

Quote:
Old 04-25-2011, 02:48 PM   #169
1tonchevy
C35 Crew Dually

Quote:
Updates

new Rear shocks mounted
pics will follow later

finaly got the brakes to bleed so now i only need to bleed the hydroboost system but that will have to wait until its fired up

got to get me 2 adapters from 2½inch to 3inch and 2 flex tubes so i can get the exhurst complete and the cab can be mounted again

also has to find so engine room insulation.

paint should get her next week, so before summer she shound be ready to tear up the road around here

all left to buy really is a 6 new tires, windsheild, ebrake cable and front shocks
Sounds like it's comming together! can't wait to see it complete!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=414892
1tonchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:26 PM   #170
GmtGmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tonchevy View Post
Sounds like it's comming together! can't wait to see it complete!
Thanks
i cant wait just to get it out of the shop
im looking forward to riding it in this summer

Quote:
Old 05-01-2011, 03:30 PM   #171
GmtGmt

Exhurst is done

2½ inch into flextube to 3inch and set of Flowmaster Super 44 SS and stuck true duals exit

pic from half way

Name:  DSCF0796_800x600.jpg
Views: 2044
Size:  51.7 KB
Name:  DSCF0797_450x600.JPG
Views: 2043
Size:  46.3 KB
Name:  DSCF0798_800x600.jpg
Views: 2035
Size:  34.6 KB

a long road ahead still but im getting there getting paint next week do by the 1 of june she should be in colors first start up since teardown next weekend hopfully

Quote:
Old 05-02-2011, 08:05 AM   #172
RandyP
Getting Old; Going Broke

Looking sweet man! Keep the gears turning, you're about to be on the down hill slide of this project. Can't wait to see a picture of you in the drivers seat about to tear down the road in it. You'll have a grin from ear to ear.
When the going gets tough, switch to power tools.
RandyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:01 PM   #173
watahyahknow

awesome build curious to see it finished , been in the states myself a couple of times and got a few pickups myself ..... im kindah jealous over youre workshop , it isnt big but at least the truck fits inside it , over here i cant even get it to fit though a garage door

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:36 PM   #174
GmtGmt

Finaly abit to write about

got it in primer

but unfortenley we are forced to move shop but we bought a bigger with alot of space inside and outside. so we are making it road worthy so it can be driving the sort distance to the new shop

mounted the dash pad to just see how it looks

Mounted doors and seals and misc stuff

Also got a reman injection pump install the old one died by sitting

Quote:
Old 07-16-2011, 04:36 PM   #175
57HotTruck

Hello.
I had to see what you're doing. great project you have there, it is totally OK thumbs up.
57HotTruck is offline   Reply With Quote