The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2017, 08:54 AM   #1
randy500
Account Suspended

Repro report, reproduction parts that is

I am reporting the fit of reproduction front fenders and grill on my '72 SWB build. I posted pictures there and a description of the fit.

In summary the fenders fit well and so did the grill, inner and outer, although some tweaking was required.

The passenger fender fit out of the box without tweaking.

The drivers fender did not match the contour of the door, it was bowed out from about 2 inches below the cowl to just below the emblem area. Total bow was about 1/4". To correct this I cut 2 spot welds at the upper fender mount reinforcement to loosen it up, then placed the fender on the shop floor with the mounting points resting on 1" Styrofoam. I then placed a piece of Styrofoam on the outside of the fender and stepped on it to remove the outward bow, I think it took 3 adjustments, test fitting each time and the final result is it now fits nicely!

I just remembered both front fenders did not have enough clearance for the grill where the fender meets the hood, too high by about 3/16" so I beat it down there with a chisel type body hammer to create clearance for the rolled lip of the aluminum grill. It was simple.

Last edited by randy500; 05-19-2017 at 09:00 AM.
randy500 is offline   Reply With Quote