The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2014, 06:40 PM   #1
nlped

Walter DeWayne...Walt for short

Hey All,

Thought I'd introduce my new aquisition and preface this build thread with the fact that I really won't get much done to it until the weather breaks here in the MUGGY south, but I wanted to start the thread on day 1.

Truck... 1968 2wd Custom SWB Fleet. 283 (?), 3 OTT, open diff rear. Options are few...push button radio, chrome front & rear bumpers, and side trim is about all I can make out on the SPID. Original paint, motor, trans, hubcaps, wheels etc. You get the jist.

Plan... 5.3/4L60e with CTSV oil pan, PSI harness and reflashed ECU, Jeep Wrangler rear tank with A/C Delco EFI pump and s/s fuel lines rear to front, Painless harness, Inlinetube stainless hardlines and s/s braided hard to caliper & rear lines, PB Mild front Dropmember, PB rear Mild/Touring rear dropmember with PB tubular rear trailing arms, PB crossmembers, bags, Staggered 18" Boss 338's, Wilwood 14" 6-piston fronts & Wilwood 13" rear brakes, built '70-72 12 bolt (Eaton diff, 3.73's), Wilwood M/C and p/v... I ALREADY HAVE THESE PIECES SO I WILL BE USING THEM . I have lot's of other parts, but dang if I can remember them...

Wish list includes A/C, power windows & locks, scuff & clear the paint and drive the heck out of ole Walt.
Attached Images

1968 Chevy SWB Fleet... Walt

1963-1/2 Ford Falcon Futura...Martha

Last edited by nlped; 04-15-2015 at 05:33 PM.
nlped is offline   Reply With Quote