The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-22-2003, 05:00 PM   #1
FireDude

I need your opinion on Suspenion

Ok people!! What company makes the best aftermarket suspenion for a live axle Blazer? So many to pick from... Rancho, Tuff, Skyjack, BDS and so on. I'm looking for you opinion for customer service, workmanship quality, on road behavior, off road handling, flex, and overall customer satifaction. Please feel free make bad and good comments. Thanks for your help.. Rock on people!!!
Oh, I'm going 6 inches, 37" tire, GM14 / Dana 60 combo.. if that help??

Project pending - Rebuild 396 BBC, NV4500 instalation, 203/205 doubler, 14 bolt, Dana 60, long travel custom leaf suspension, going to run 38's, and anything and everything else.

Completion date - January of 2010
FireDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 11:01 PM   #2
mutant-jimbo

ive got a 4" tuff country that i think is pretty good. currently i am running with blocks, but plan on putting a 4" rear shackle flip from ORD and a zero rate from ORD for a total of 5 inches.
Old 11-23-2003, 12:30 AM   #3
drink2mny

I run about 6-6 1/2 in lift with a 60 up front and 14 bolt out back..
I have rancho 4in with a 2-2 1/2 add-a-leaf up front with extended shackles. out back I have stock springs with a 2- 2 1/2 add a leaf with a rear spring shackle out of a 1974 blazer rear springs front shackle( gave me an automatic 4in lift plus placing the rearend at near perfect pinion angle and way,way cheaper that any 4 in shackle kit..

Oh yeah I run 36's but can easily fit 38's

Old 11-23-2003, 12:34 AM   #4
mutant-jimbo

wow, killer 442, bro. that's nice. gotta love the old rockets. hey, on that rear shackle, what did you do, flip the original shackle upside down?
Old 11-23-2003, 12:19 PM   #5
drink2mny

Thanks for the compliment on the olds
I'll be posting a picutre of the motor in the engine threads as soon as I get intake bolts. Had it rebuilt..1964 442 with a 330 olds. 330 horse, 370 torque...She moved before but should sh!t and git better now.

Yup just flipped it over and used the front perch on the rear springs of a '74 blazer... I hate to say it but if you do this be sure to look at my picture.. I have had a couple friends look for perches and they were different.

No problems whatsoever with ride quality I have towed and jump my blazer and no problems.. go right back..
I would be glad to take better photos if you guys become interested..
Old 11-23-2003, 02:04 PM   #6
mutant-jimbo

my buddie had a '68 442, it was awesome. I love cutlasse and 442's
Old 11-27-2003, 12:42 AM   #7
drink2mny

Here is how well I beat on my blazer with my lift

Just scroll down this thread

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...0&pagenumber=5
Old 11-28-2003, 01:25 PM   #8
Grim Reaper

the UZ rides are about as soft as they come for a off the shelf spring. Shackle flip in the rear nets pretty good results.

Az Kicking bought out Springer suspension. This is a kit and unbeliveable wheel travel for leaf springs. AZ Kickin
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 03:19 PM   #9
Kybol

Quote:
Originally posted by Grim Reaper
the UZ rides are about as soft as they come for a off the shelf spring. Shackle flip in the rear nets pretty good results.

Az Kicking bought out Springer suspension. This is a kit and unbeliveable wheel travel for leaf springs. AZ Kickin
That looks like a sweet setup. How would it be for a daily driver?? I would wanna get that for a truck I am getting for work, how do you think it would be with a 100gal tidy tank??? Is there anywhere wlse I can fiond info on this?? How big of lift is it?

Thanks
-82 c-10 SOLD
-02 CRF450 SOLD
Kybol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 12:41 PM   #10
Grim Reaper

That green Blazer is Marvs Daily driver. He tows a 24ft camper with it. He doesn't recomend doing that though. If you ran the front sway it would not be any worse then any lifted truck. Might even be better becuse that kit uses a panhard bar. My lifted 75 rides better then my old stock 79.

Email Bill over at Az kickin or hit CK5.com and look around. several posts about the suspension system. Marv(the guy who designed it) hangs there as does Bill and Bill Jr from Az kickin. They go by 45apc and 45apcjr. They are happy to answer any questions you have about their products.

Hit the AZ forum and check out Robzilla. He has the system on his truck. He and Marv are buddies and run insane trails. Usually some go pictures of their trucks laying on the side or flexed out in there.
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote