The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network







Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2017, 11:25 AM   #1
Scarface
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Burleson TEXAS
Posts: 4
LS Swap AC Compressor Question

I have a 79 C10 with a 5.3 LS Swap and I want to mount the AC Compressor down low in the factory position but the motor mount is in the way. I know it can be modified to make it fit. I just wanted to ask and see if anyone has installed the Trans-Dapt Performance Engine Swap Motor Mounts 4205

Thanks
Scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 11:46 AM   #2
sweetk30
Registered User
 
sweetk30's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: horseheads,ny rust belt
Posts: 193
Re: LS Swap AC Compressor Question

and the frame needs cut/modifyed also and not just a little.
__________________
77-k30lb
79-k30stubby
85-k30lb
85-c10sb
sweetk30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:12 PM   #3
Scarface
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Burleson TEXAS
Posts: 4
Re: LS Swap AC Compressor Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetk30 View Post
and the frame needs cut/modifyed also and not just a little.
I was hoping that it didn't need much if any cut on the frame so maybe I don't want to do this
Scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:36 PM   #4
PunishedC10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Midland Texas
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
I was hoping that it didn't need much if any cut on the frame so maybe I don't want to do this
Take a look over at the lsx swap section and you might find what you're looking for. I have an ls1 with fbody accessories so I can't really answer your question.
Posted via Mobile Device
PunishedC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 01:55 PM   #5
sweetk30
Registered User
 
sweetk30's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: horseheads,ny rust belt
Posts: 193
Re: LS Swap AC Compressor Question

factory look with 80/90's style comp from our trucks.

https://www.holley.com/products/acce...y/parts/20-131
__________________
77-k30lb
79-k30stubby
85-k30lb
85-c10sb
sweetk30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 03:20 PM   #6
PunishedC10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Midland Texas
Posts: 102
Re: LS Swap AC Compressor Question

I personally have been looking at passenger side high mount Sanden compressor options. The compressor is way more effiecent and is smaller then the R4 style
__________________
1964 Coupe Deville(cruiser)
1966 Chevy II Nova 2door Hardtop
1985 C10 (ls swap in progress)22" Coys
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat FX4 ICON Suspension 20" Method Wheels
PunishedC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 05:29 PM   #7
1957 Chief
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Beebe, AR
Posts: 52
Re: LS Swap AC Compressor Question

I put an LS in my son's 84 truck. I notched the frame where the compressor lines exit.
For the motor mount, I pulled the frame mount off the truck and extended it a little but. Then redrilled the motor mount holes. Like was said earlier, lots of info in the LS swap forum on this site.

I would also install a trianary switch for the fans unless you have your computer sending input to them from the AC control.

If you need pics just PM me and ill text em to you.

Bubba

I still use the factory condenser core, accumulator and evap core. Truck blows frost out the vents.
1957 Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:44 PM   #8
Scarface
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Burleson TEXAS
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunishedC10 View Post
I personally have been looking at passenger side high mount Sanden compressor options. The compressor is way more effiecent and is smaller then the R4 style
I have the sanden compressor that can with the old air setup and everything is done with the exception of mounting this compressor. Trying to run it low on its own belt since I have a d1sc procharger and the belt it already pretty long
Posted via Mobile Device
Scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:49 PM   #9
Scarface
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Burleson TEXAS
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1957 Chief View Post
I put an LS in my son's 84 truck. I notched the frame where the compressor lines exit.
For the motor mount, I pulled the frame mount off the truck and extended it a little but. Then redrilled the motor mount holes. Like was said earlier, lots of info in the LS swap forum on this site.

I would also install a trianary switch for the fans unless you have your computer sending input to them from the AC control.

If you need pics just PM me and ill text em to you.

Bubba

I still use the factory condenser core, accumulator and evap core. Truck blows frost out the vents.
Thanks Bubba I just sent you a PM
Posted via Mobile Device
Scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1997-2013 67-72chevytrucks.com