The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network







Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2017, 11:21 AM   #1
SierraMtns
Senior Member
 
SierraMtns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Shingle Springs, CA
Posts: 811
PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit

I am back working on the truck...

Could PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit be used with springs?

My plan is to buy a used front cross member and then run PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit since those A-arms are redesigned and run 1" forward.

I would still need springs, drop spindles, rack-n-pinion, brakes and rotor (5 lug).

You guys think this is possible to do all this for $2,500?

Thanks

Also is PBfab now c10shop?

SierraMtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:21 PM   #2
bbbc10
Diggin The SquareLife
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: garland,tx
Posts: 1,891
Re: PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit

Have you lookef at their website? Contact them? Think they sell an adapter to run springs but it would be best to msg them....an never heard of c10shop doubt they would change names
bbbc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:34 AM   #3
Willie Makeit
Registered User
 
Willie Makeit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: State of Disbelief
Posts: 671
Re: PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit

porterbuilt fabrication is still known as http://pbfab.com
Willie Makeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 05:07 PM   #4
68is4me
Senior Member
 
68is4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: lakefield,mn
Posts: 345
Re: PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit

You can buy adapters form PB for the coil spring. If you are running a stock crossmember you do not need to add a rack and pinion steer. Stock will do just fine. $2,500 is going to be tuff I think just the PB stuff will cost $1,800. I hope you are in no hurry or hopefully have the stuff ordered from PB. Took me 2 months to get control arms for mine just this spring.
__________________
68 c10 swb stepper
68 c10 swb stepper
67 c10 lwb
06 gmc duramax
68is4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 05:10 PM   #5
68is4me
Senior Member
 
68is4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: lakefield,mn
Posts: 345
Re: PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbc10 View Post
Have you lookef at their website? Contact them? Think they sell an adapter to run springs but it would be best to msg them....an never heard of c10shop doubt they would change names
I get emails from them and the emails come as c10shop. The emails are usually info about what is new in the shop.
__________________
68 c10 swb stepper
68 c10 swb stepper
67 c10 lwb
06 gmc duramax
68is4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:52 PM   #6
Ram-Man
Senior Member
 
Ram-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 922
Re: PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit

http://c10shop.com same physical address as porterbuilt. Looks like they are running two websites. Either way the quality of the porterbuilt products are hard to beat. They are worth the wait..
__________________
Porterbuilt 8 Lugger
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691739
Ram-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:54 PM   #7
bbbc10
Diggin The SquareLife
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: garland,tx
Posts: 1,891
Re: PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit

Have seen ppl have problems with them lately though
bbbc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:00 AM   #8
andrewmp6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Louisville,Ky
Posts: 5,797
Re: PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit

Unless you want air bags later on http://www.nolimitengineering.com/pr...tegory=6157532 Or http://www.scottshotrods.com/1963-87...k-bolt-in-ifs/
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:10 AM   #9
68Stepbed
Living The Dream
 
68Stepbed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sevierville,Tennessee
Posts: 5,139
Re: PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit

Another option. https://totalcostinvolved.com/produc...o-touring-ifs/
__________________
Matt
Thank you to all our soldiers and their sacrifices.
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:27 PM   #10
Willie Makeit
Registered User
 
Willie Makeit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: State of Disbelief
Posts: 671
Re: PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbc10 View Post
Have seen ppl have problems with them lately though
Yes they have. Loooooooooong lead times. Parts made wrong. Will not answer phone or reply to customer's emails or phone calls when leaving a message.

Nothing like the reviews I had read in the past.

Last edited by Willie Makeit; 06-21-2017 at 03:30 PM.
Willie Makeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:42 AM   #11
SierraMtns
Senior Member
 
SierraMtns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Shingle Springs, CA
Posts: 811
Re: PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit

Update:

I ordered this kit with springs. I had fast response times on emails, under 24 hours. Brandon help me out with all my questions. I order the kit with 1"narrowed and 1" forward arms.

Now the fun part....waiting. Current build time is 6 weeks.
SierraMtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:46 AM   #12
Willie Makeit
Registered User
 
Willie Makeit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: State of Disbelief
Posts: 671
Re: PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraMtns View Post
Now the fun part....waiting. Current build time is 6 weeks.
I was told 3-4 weeks delivery when i placed the order. Finally got them somewhere around 8 weeks.

FYI - Be sure to check the grease fitting holes very very closely. Uppers were good but my lowers were drilled oversize and had flat threads - zerks would not tighten. I had to drill next larger size, re-tap and purchase new zerks.
Willie Makeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 11:20 AM   #13
drfloyd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Scranton, SC
Posts: 249
Re: PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit

I bought No Limit's Wide Ride. Along with the rear 4 link. Almost no lead time on their stuff. Quality is as good as any.
drfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 05:28 PM   #14
SierraMtns
Senior Member
 
SierraMtns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Shingle Springs, CA
Posts: 811
Re: PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfloyd View Post
I bought No Limit's Wide Ride. Along with the rear 4 link. Almost no lead time on their stuff. Quality is as good as any.
Yeah I have NL trailing arm kit. But couldn't do their front. Price just kept going up so I went with PB so I can put more money on the motor/trans.
SierraMtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 05:31 PM   #15
SierraMtns
Senior Member
 
SierraMtns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Shingle Springs, CA
Posts: 811
Re: PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfloyd View Post
I bought No Limit's Wide Ride. Along with the rear 4 link. Almost no lead time on their stuff. Quality is as good as any.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Makeit View Post
I was told 3-4 weeks delivery when i placed the order. Finally got them somewhere around 8 weeks.

FYI - Be sure to check the grease fitting holes very very closely. Uppers were good but my lowers were drilled oversize and had flat threads - zerks would not tighten. I had to drill next larger size, re-tap and purchase new zerks.
How long ago was this? Did you try and return the parts to them?

Thank you for sharing this with us. Good to know what to watch out for.

I don't want this thread to turn into a PB bashing thread but it would be nice to know how they handled it?
SierraMtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:25 AM   #16
Willie Makeit
Registered User
 
Willie Makeit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: State of Disbelief
Posts: 671
Re: PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraMtns View Post
How long ago was this? Did you try and return the parts to them?

Thank you for sharing this with us. Good to know what to watch out for.

I don't want this thread to turn into a PB bashing thread but it would be nice to know how they handled it?
This was within the past 2-3 weeks. I didn't get return calls for the previous messages left and I didn't have another 8 weeks to wait on another set of lower arms so I repaired them myself.

I don't see it as bashing, only sharing my experience.
Willie Makeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 10:25 AM   #17
SierraMtns
Senior Member
 
SierraMtns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Shingle Springs, CA
Posts: 811
Re: PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Makeit View Post
This was within the past 2-3 weeks. I didn't get return calls for the previous messages left and I didn't have another 8 weeks to wait on another set of lower arms so I repaired them myself.

I don't see it as bashing, only sharing my experience.
Yeah I dont feel its bashing either.


So did they make it right for you? Give you a discount on your next order? Money back? Would you order from them again?

Do you have any pictures of the front end put together?

Thanks
SierraMtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 02:46 PM   #18
Willie Makeit
Registered User
 
Willie Makeit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: State of Disbelief
Posts: 671
Re: PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraMtns View Post
Yeah I dont feel its bashing either.


So did they make it right for you? Give you a discount on your next order? Money back? Would you order from them again?

Do you have any pictures of the front end put together?

Thanks
They didn't "make it right" because I didn't ask them to. Since I had gotten no return calls on my previous questions I didn't bother contacting them on this issue. I just moved on & completed the repairs myself. I counted on the positive past reviews I had read that said the parts would be "made right" to begin with. Hopefully this is a rare occurrence and hopefully I just happen to be the rare guy it happened to.

I have not asked for a discount on any future orders. I have not asked for any money back. At this point I don't really have any need to order from them again.
Willie Makeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 05:29 PM   #19
68is4me
Senior Member
 
68is4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: lakefield,mn
Posts: 345
Re: PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit

Oh, forgot about the grease zirk holes being the wrong size, I had the same issues. Sounds like Willie had about the exact same experience that I had with them. I do like the PB stuff, and would I order again.
__________________
68 c10 swb stepper
68 c10 swb stepper
67 c10 lwb
06 gmc duramax
68is4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:15 PM   #20
PBFAB.COM
Senior Member
 
PBFAB.COM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mesa,Az
Posts: 3,993
Re: PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit

Hey Willie,

Next time reach out to us. We would've been happy to fix the issue with your control arms. This is the first time we've heard of any issue with the zerk holes being too big or oversized. It would be extremely rare for it to happen on just one set since they are produced in batches. We also would have made your replacement arms, if necessary, in a day or two. On another note, we keep every single email and voicemail. I can promise you that we have never not returned a call or email intentionally. So please accept my apology if that occurred.

It's no secret our build times are longer than most. You guys all know the story. We build everything in house. We pride ourselves on the quality of our parts. It's what we're known for. Do we make mistakes, of course. With the volume we do, it'd be impossible not to mess up once in a while. But we ALWAYS stand behind our product and our work. We will fix any issue.

If you guys have any questions, pleas shoot me an email. I'll be happy to talk. brandon@pbfab.com

Oh, and C10 Shop is across the street. They sell PB stuff along with some other components. Not owned by PB.

Brandon
__________________
www.PorterbuiltFabrication.com

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com


Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP


Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:17 PM   #21
PBFAB.COM
Senior Member
 
PBFAB.COM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mesa,Az
Posts: 3,993
Re: PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68is4me View Post
Oh, forgot about the grease zirk holes being the wrong size, I had the same issues. Sounds like Willie had about the exact same experience that I had with them. I do like the PB stuff, and would I order again.

You had zirk fitting issues too? When did you order your arms? Was it recent? Please let me know. Like I said in my post above, we order those in bulk, so if there is an issue, we'll need to address it before we've got 100 sets of arms with a problem.

Brandon
__________________
www.PorterbuiltFabrication.com

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com


Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP


Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:35 PM   #22
Willie Makeit
Registered User
 
Willie Makeit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: State of Disbelief
Posts: 671
Re: PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit

Brandon

I called and spoke to you directly. I asked for torque specs for the cross shaft nuts. You stated to me that Nathan was busy welding and you needed to speak to him and would call me back in 5 minutes with that information. I never rec'd that call. I eventually found a thread on this board where Nathan said that the nut should bottom out the crush sleeve bushing then go an additional 1/4 turn. That's what I did.

As far as the zerks, it wasn't the zerk fitting being undersize, the hole itself was oversize. As a machinist for over 25 years, it was fairly easy for me to spot the issue. Guys not familiar with metal working and proper tap drills may not realize the issue.

Not meant as a bash by any means. Some of the nicest components I've ever purchased and just wanted to point out my experience. A set of instructions on the control arm kit would go a long way to help explain some of the small things that pop up. Hope my input helps you guys improve your processes and products.

Last edited by Willie Makeit; 06-22-2017 at 08:42 PM.
Willie Makeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 10:19 PM   #23
PBFAB.COM
Senior Member
 
PBFAB.COM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mesa,Az
Posts: 3,993
Re: PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Makeit View Post
Brandon

I called and spoke to you directly. I asked for torque specs for the cross shaft nuts. You stated to me that Nathan was busy welding and you needed to speak to him and would call me back in 5 minutes with that information. I never rec'd that call. I eventually found a thread on this board where Nathan said that the nut should bottom out the crush sleeve bushing then go an additional 1/4 turn. That's what I did.

As far as the zerks, it wasn't the zerk fitting being undersize, the hole itself was oversize. As a machinist for over 25 years, it was fairly easy for me to spot the issue. Guys not familiar with metal working and proper tap drills may not realize the issue.

Not meant as a bash by any means. Some of the nicest components I've ever purchased and just wanted to point out my experience. A set of instructions on the control arm kit would go a long way to help explain some of the small things that pop up. Hope my input helps you guys improve your processes and products.
Willie,

I apologize Nate never called you back with the torque specs. We're typically very efficient at returning calls.

As for the zerk fittings, if it was an issue why didn't you mention it on the phone? I'd have been happy to resolve the issue. Even more important is being made aware of it. That part comes directly from our machine shop, so I'll reach out to them tomorrow to be sure they are aware. We certainly don't want a batch of lower arms going out with a zerk fitting issue.

Please let us/me know next time you have a problem. If we aren't informed, we don't have an opportunity to fix it. I try hard to provide excellent customer service. Sometimes I fail, and I apologize that happened in this case.

Brandon
__________________
www.PorterbuiltFabrication.com

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com


Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP


Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 10:25 PM   #24
PBFAB.COM
Senior Member
 
PBFAB.COM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mesa,Az
Posts: 3,993
Re: PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraMtns View Post
Update:

I ordered this kit with springs. I had fast response times on emails, under 24 hours. Brandon help me out with all my questions. I order the kit with 1"narrowed and 1" forward arms.

Now the fun part....waiting. Current build time is 6 weeks.
Did you get your kit yet? If you email me your order #, I'll give you an update on build time.

Brandon
__________________
www.PorterbuiltFabrication.com

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com


Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP


Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:14 AM   #25
Willie Makeit
Registered User
 
Willie Makeit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: State of Disbelief
Posts: 671
Re: PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFAB.COM View Post
Willie,

I apologize Nate never called you back with the torque specs. We're typically very efficient at returning calls.

As for the zerk fittings, if it was an issue why didn't you mention it on the phone? I'd have been happy to resolve the issue. Even more important is being made aware of it. That part comes directly from our machine shop, so I'll reach out to them tomorrow to be sure they are aware. We certainly don't want a batch of lower arms going out with a zerk fitting issue.

Please let us/me know next time you have a problem. If we aren't informed, we don't have an opportunity to fix it. I try hard to provide excellent customer service. Sometimes I fail, and I apologize that happened in this case.

Brandon
That's because I had not yet discovered that issue. After the multiple delays in shipping combined with not getting response to my questions, I didn't have a lot of confidence that i would get a reply to the Zerk issue.

no offense, but i honestly didn't have time to wait on you guys to "make it right." I had already waited approx 8 weeks on my arms after being told that it would be 3-4 weeks when i originally placed the order.

If i may, let me be blunt for a moment - i get it you guys have long lead-times, that was understood when I originally considered your products - but when one places an order & their confidence in a vendor based on the delivery information that was supplied by said vendor (aka: his word) at the time of order to discover afterwards that this information is false/not accurate, then it doesn't exactly leave one with a "warm and fuzzy" if you know what i mean.
Willie Makeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1997-2013 67-72chevytrucks.com