The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-23-2012, 12:15 AM   #1
Mbooher

1972 Big Block SWB ... Driveshaft Question... Need a little help...

I am building a 1972 SWB Big Block truck with a Turbo 400 Transmission & I have an Original Big Block Cab for it.... The frame is from a 1972 SWB Small Block, Automatic Transmission truck......

My question is this.... Did the 1972 Short Bed Big Block Trucks have two piece drive shafts or a One piece?

My Frame I am using has the carrier bearing bracket to support the carrier bearing of a two piece driveshaft.... Which I was thinking of removing the bracket.... Unless the BB Short bed trucks had two piece driveshafts as well & I will go that route....

I have another 69-70 Short bed frame that does NOT have the carrier bearing bracket but that frame was an original Small Block, standard shift truck.... therefore... I am curious how they were from the factory when there was a Big Block in them....

I am only interested in the Short Bed configurations.....

Any help would be appreciated....

Mark Booher
BooherPerformance@earthlink.net
Mbooher is offline   Reply With Quote