The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-25-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
TBONE1964
Cluster King

1972 Cheyenne LWB

Hello all,

My name is Tom from Oxford, MI and I am new here. I just traded a 1972 Cheyenne LWB from Montana for a 1999 Subaru Impreza. I know that I got the better end of the deal for sure.

The truck is very clean and has a 350 with 350 turbo trans and 3:73 gears. I am not going to do a frame off on it but there are several things i plan on doing. One of many is to remove the add on saddle tanks. I will need to weld in metal where the PO added filler neck doors. I plan to put the factory style chrome rear bumber on and if possible get the factory AC working. The truck needs a lot of little trim items but is overall well worth the effort and money. My goal is to have a very detailed driver that I can drive and enjoy for a long time.

I will try and keep photos and history updated. I do a lot of travel for my job and have limited time. I also live in Michigan and the truck will be stored until the salt stops being thrown here.
Attached Images

TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #2
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Re: 1972 Cheyenne LWB

Some more pics. The truck has factory A/C and tilt wheel. Also has a headliner. I am wondering about the wood grain on the door panels. It is the only wood grain on the truck.
Attached Images

Old 12-04-2012, 02:53 AM   #3
TBONE1964
Cluster King

The winter is here and I have the 72 in storage. I am currently in El Paso Texas and it is 70 degrees and it is killing me to be in such nice weather knowing it is going to be around the middle of April before I get it out.

In the mean time, I am looking for small parts for it that I can restore and have ready to install in the spring. I have already bout all of the engine brackets and will sandblast and powder coat them. I need to do a full engine compartment detail. The 350 is blue now and it will not stay that way.

Anyone ever attempt to get there factory AC operated with R12 again? I am wondering if it would be a wise investment of money. How cool would it be if it was functional. Just pondering the thought. I know I will need a compressor and new lines amoung other parts. I do not want an aftermarket set up although I know they work well. This has to be factory in everyway or I will just leave nonfunctional and roll the windows down.

Any thoughts?
Old 12-04-2012, 11:37 PM   #4
72 tigger

Nice truck! Converting to R134 shouldn't be a problem- I did it and it looks stock. Glad the truck found a good home.
72 tigger is offline   Reply With Quote