The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-14-2017, 11:41 AM   #1
'70_402

'68 air ride.

https://store.airslamit.com/c10-air-...FREpaQodVxsPnQ

Has anyone used this kit, or one like it?? No reviews on it and I'm not sure about the quality.... I've never bagged a truck before and don't know if it would be cheaper to piece it all together or buy a kit... I'd rather not spend more than $1500 at this point in the build...
'70_402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 01:10 PM   #2
PGSigns

Re: '68 air ride.

Get with Travis from Pro Performance here in the vendors section and tell him what you want to do. He will set you up with good parts and a good price.
Jimmy
1966 BBW long fleet Daily driver
1965 BBW short fleet Sold and going to a good home
1965 Suburban
2003 3500 Duramax
2005 Ultra Classic
PGSigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 02:52 PM   #3
bbbc10
Diggin The SquareLife

That's cheap kit.... i dont know why ppl wana bag their truck's but dont spend money on name brand parts...smh
bbbc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 04:23 PM   #4
Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbc10 View Post
That's cheap kit.... i dont know why ppl wana bag their truck's but dont spend money on name brand parts...smh

I didn't spend my money on real big name stuff. Universal 4 link from fleaBay, C notch from Thorbros, Street Edge for my drop spindle (who I might add has EXCELLENT EXCELLENT customer service, I got a spindle machined wrong for the tie rod and they rushed me a new one), Crown for bag mounts, Airslamit rear bags, used firestones in the front, Little Larrys for switches (Manual switches are the way to go!) and Viair compressor and switch/relay that goes in my no name air tank and a mom n pop shop sold me all the push connect fittings and DOT airline. All in I spent maybe $800 to bag my truck.

Bag that truck man and don't listen to the naysayers. You ain't gotta spend $10K to bag it from Porterbuilt
68 Step
Trucks Sold: 70 GMC, 72 K5
Members met: Andy4639 GCncsuHD CSGAS zicc1835 hotrod farm truck Mingrao Bhelton brenthiggins

Last edited by Beetle; 03-14-2017 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Adding some info for air mgt
Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 05:52 PM   #5
'70_402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
I didn't spend my money on real big name stuff. Universal 4 link from fleaBay, C notch from Thorbros, Street Edge for my drop spindle (who I might add has EXCELLENT EXCELLENT customer service, I got a spindle machined wrong for the tie rod and they rushed me a new one), Crown for bag mounts, Airslamit rear bags, used firestones in the front, Little Larrys for switches (Manual switches are the way to go!) and Viair compressor and switch/relay that goes in my no name air tank and a mom n pop shop sold me all the push connect fittings and DOT airline. All in I spent maybe $800 to bag my truck.

Bag that truck man and don't listen to the naysayers. You ain't gotta spend $10K to bag it from Porterbuilt
My kind of hot-rodder right here.... it's not about spending tons of cash.. lol..

I have looking into the Pro Performance stuff, didn't know he was a vendor here.. It's been a few years since I was on this forum... I'm getting back into the trucks...
'70_402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 08:41 PM   #6
bbbc10
Diggin The SquareLife

I didn't spend 10k to bag mine.....haha I spent less than 3k on raised crossmember from thorbros mmw control arms an ekstensive rear kit that came with welded notch 2 link bars panhard bar bag mounts.....also got air lift 2600 bags for 200.....I was jus talking bout cheap no name ebay stuff that's gonna give you nothing but problems
Old 03-14-2017, 10:26 PM   #7
Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbc10 View Post
I didn't spend 10k to bag mine.....haha I spent less than 3k on raised crossmember from thorbros mmw control arms an ekstensive rear kit that came with welded notch 2 link bars panhard bar bag mounts.....also got air lift 2600 bags for 200.....I was jus talking bout cheap no name ebay stuff that's gonna give you nothing but problems
Never gave me problems
68 Step
Trucks Sold: 70 GMC, 72 K5
Members met: Andy4639 GCncsuHD CSGAS zicc1835 hotrod farm truck Mingrao Bhelton brenthiggins
Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:32 AM   #8
andrewmp6

That kit has no name air bags and valves i would be scared to run that stuff.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 04:26 AM   #9
andrewmp6

I just found out airslamit is another company name for airbagit/chassistech do not buy anything from them,They are known for making/selling junk and giving you the run around if you need help or nicely told to kick rocks.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:06 PM   #10
andrewmp6

I'm shocked they came up with another company name,Its sad you gotta change names or own 20 companies to trick people in to buying their junk.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:53 AM   #11
bbbc10
Diggin The SquareLife

No matter how many times you tell someone bout a bad company like them....they say well i havent had any problems.....if i bought a truck wth any of their names parts on it i would take them off asap
Old 03-19-2017, 04:38 AM   #12
andrewmp6

Same here for me i would throw it away today,We had a member a good while back bought a air system off them one of those boxes that did it all.He installed it fast and had problems leaking out of it.He called them they told him it was really old and out dated and they had no idea how to fix it.He just bought it and they never offered to replace it or do anything for him.That alone right there makes me not want anything to do with them.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:36 PM   #13
Travis-65lincoln

Guys Airslamit has absolutely nothing to do with airbagit/chassistech/Aim or any other Joe Morrow company. Airslamit sells Genuine Accuair, Airlift, and Airmaxxx products. Airbagit says generic parts with now warranty. The only thing the two companies share is the city they are in Mesa AZ.
Travis-65lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 01:05 AM   #14
andrewmp6

Airmaxxx and airslamit are the same company,If you use two or company names for a company thats a big red flag for me.I have messed with air ride for a while i have never heard of airmaxxx to this post another red flag to me also.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:37 AM   #15
James the III

I'll never understand why, the kits for the back of vehicles cost what they do..
STILL..
I'll never understand why the front kits still cost what they do..
I'll never understand why the same tank that is on a air compressor.. that cost 99.99
is 3-500.00 for just the tank for these kits.. Then the gold plated cost of the compressors..
James the III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:06 AM   #16
Travis-65lincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmp6 View Post
Airmaxxx and airslamit are the same company,If you use two or company names for a company thats a big red flag for me.I have messed with air ride for a while i have never heard of airmaxxx to this post another red flag to me also.
I hear ya. But Airmaxxx is brand like airlift, firstone, accuair. Airslamit is a company that sells other brands like accuiar, airlift, AVS, Maxtrac etc.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:02 AM   #17
andrewmp6

Airmaxxx is a new name to me and the compressors look like a viair brand and they just stuck their stick over it.The bags i can't tell who really made them which would worry me.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:04 AM   #18
andrewmp6

Quote:
Originally Posted by James the III View Post
I'll never understand why, the kits for the back of vehicles cost what they do..
STILL..
I'll never understand why the front kits still cost what they do..
I'll never understand why the same tank that is on a air compressor.. that cost 99.99
is 3-500.00 for just the tank for these kits.. Then the gold plated cost of the compressors..
Prices very company to company and how low you want it to.Air ride is never cheap and can very from 3k to almost 10k if you want to lay frame and self leveling air system.And if i shop installs it all bets are off on prices then.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:28 AM   #19
James the III

I can put a rig on air for less than a classic..
firstone rig bags are 70 bucks.
James the III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:32 AM   #20
Willie Makeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis-65lincoln View Post
Guys Airslamit has absolutely nothing to do with airbagit/chassistech/Aim or any other Joe Morrow company. Airslamit sells Genuine Accuair, Airlift, and Airmaxxx products. Airbagit says generic parts with now warranty. The only thing the two companies share is the city they are in Mesa AZ.
new member. only two posts. running in and tell all of us "nothing to see here" when a known scam-company is mentioned.

sounds legit. <roll eyes>
Willie Makeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 06:28 PM   #21
bbbc10
Diggin The SquareLife

well good for you.....maybe you should go do it....
Old 03-29-2017, 06:29 PM   #22
bbbc10
Diggin The SquareLife

I bought all my air ride parts for around 3k an got a quote of 4500 to install the parts an that that 4500 is with accuair included
Old 03-29-2017, 06:45 PM   #23
Travis-65lincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Makeit View Post
new member. only two posts. running in and tell all of us "nothing to see here" when a known scam-company is mentioned.

sounds legit. <roll eyes>
Look man you got this thing all wrong. Yes I do work for and with Airslamit but I dont want to get in trouble for breaking any rules are promoting our brand or company. That is not the objective here.

I am only pointing at the fact that we are not the same company that's it. I have been in the industry for almost 25 yrs and I have been a member of this site several times over the years. I only posted a thing because it drives me crazy when I see someone saying we are the same company or even related to that place. We work hard on customer service and when you get knocked down just because someone assumes you are someone else or did something it stings.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:51 PM   #24
Travis-65lincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmp6 View Post
Airmaxxx is a new name to me and the compressors look like a viair brand and they just stuck their stick over it.The bags i can't tell who really made them which would worry me.
Ya you are right is a new name, to everyone. the 480 model is being fazed out because it looks like the Viair, (which we also sell Viair Brand) We are keeping the 580 which has a new style head. We two more model compressors in the works that look nother like any other compressor really. Hope fully end of summer you will see those.

As for the bags. They say Airmaxxx right in the rubber and have a lifetime replacement warranty against MFG defect. I can tell you the factory that makes them is the same factory that make another brand I know you familiar with and it is not airbagit thats for sure. lol
Old 03-30-2017, 08:35 AM   #25
Willie Makeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis-65lincoln View Post
Look man you got this thing all wrong. Yes I do work for and with Airslamit but I dont want to get in trouble for breaking any rules are promoting our brand or company. That is not the objective here.

I am only pointing at the fact that we are not the same company that's it. I have been in the industry for almost 25 yrs and I have been a member of this site several times over the years. I only posted a thing because it drives me crazy when I see someone saying we are the same company or even related to that place. We work hard on customer service and when you get knocked down just because someone assumes you are someone else or did something it stings.
airbagit. airslamit. sound pretty close, you honestly shouldn't be surprised if folks confused the two. should have put a bit more thought into that, don't you think?

good luck. i think you're really gonna need it.
Willie Makeit is offline   Reply With Quote