The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-28-2013, 10:18 PM   #1
DUD2STUD

Interior colors have got me confused

So I just inherited a 72 c10 LWB that my great grandfather bought new with 10 miles on it. The only modification made to the truck was an electric trailer brake switch. After he passed away my grandmothers sister took the truck and has taken care of it pretty well, she told me that they put a 350 crate mother in it and had the bench seat reupholstered. My question the glove box only has the truck color on it witch is red orange the seat, door panels and sun visors are white. The steering wheel and dash pad are green. The horn button is also white and the floor is rubber. Is that all the right color combination as I've never seen a white steering wheel or dash pad but the color combination doesn't make spence to me. Why not just all green? Sorry if I'm rambling any help appreciated
Posted via Mobile Device
DUD2STUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:35 PM   #2
SS Tim

Re: Interior colors have got me confused

Need to see a picture of the SPID and the interior as it is. Most assembly plants listed the interior trim color on the SPID. Red orange with a green interior is not unknown but red orange with white (parchment is much more likely and desirable). Rubber floor matting in black or color matching would be correct in a Custom or a Custom Deluxe.
SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:23 PM   #3
DUD2STUD

So green and white would be correct and is the smoth seat right or should there be like tuck and roll
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Old 06-28-2013, 11:24 PM   #4
DUD2STUD

Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Old 06-29-2013, 12:33 AM   #5
SS Tim

What you have there is the standard "Custom" trim level. It is listed on the SPID as 626 parchment trim. The interior colors actually look correct but the seat cover is a replacement. With a code 626 interior the door panels, arm rests, visors and seat cover are all a white color. The steering column, steering wheel and horn button are all a dark sandalwood color sort of a fawn/tan color (they sun bleach to different shades). The floor mat at the base level is black rubber as you have. The problems here are that the base level seat cover and the dark sandalwood dash pads are not reproduced that I know of. Most people just use an uplevel cover and dye the dash parts as needed. The PPG / Ditzler code 23374 is the correct paint color for the steering column and what you would match the dash to. Here are some pictures of a 72 parchment interior with a replacement cover. You are right that the stock cover has various patterns stamped into it and is not smooth. But the interior is the same as the brochure clip and the blue seat cover as well.
Attached Images

SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:17 AM   #6
DUD2STUD

The answer was right in front of me the whole time. Thanks for the info
Posted via Mobile Device