The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-08-2022, 12:51 PM   #101
OldCreek

Re: Funny truck stuff from the board members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
When my daughter first started driving she had an 82 C10. She had the habit of leaving the liughts on all day at school, so she got real good at how to get a jump. She was having another issue where I need to work on it, so she had been learningg to drive the 3 on the tree of my first 70. She wasn't good, but she asked if she could take it to school. I asked if she could handle it and she said "All I need is reveres and 2nd, School is about 3 miles and most of the trip is 25MPH, so off she went. What did she do, leave the lights on all day. So, she had some football players helping her to push it out of parking space so she could get a jump (real short cables). She made the comment to me that the center of the football team was telling here the thing wouldn't go into to park. "Dad, he didn't even notice the extra pedal on the floor. " All dad said was, "Don't date him." She never did.
1970 K3500 1ton CrewCab 8.1L/Allison1000/NP205 Dana 60/14B!!!! - Sold
1984 K10 SWB 7.4L/4L80e/NP208 Corp 10/12 bolt Sold
1988 V30 CCLB 7.4L/TH400/NP205/Dana 60/Dana 70/3.73!!! (Sold)
2003 K2500HD 8.1/Allison1000/NP263
OldCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 03:23 PM   #102
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
Interior trim removal tool works well for hubcaps . Not the cheapy ones but a good brand plastic doesn't chip paint I have a craftsman set . I've also used a mini pry bar wrapped in electrical tape .
Tape on a lambs paw would prevent chipping. Good to know about those plastic pry bars. Goes to figure since damage-free is the whole point of those, and they pry! But now I have the tool made for the job and it works well, w/o damage. Of course, putting them back on is another challenge against damage, The hubcap tool, as well as the base of the hand, do the trick. But you have to know where to tap and where not to.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 07:46 PM   #103
special-K
Special Order

Back to funny truck stories, '72 Chevy truck stories. This one is about this one:
Name:  035_35.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  56.3 KB

Down in Baltimore in the '80s there used to be this great live music venue type bar called Hammerjacks. My wife and I got a baby sitter, rare occasion right there, and went down to see Jeff Healey play. I-95 runs elevated over top of it and people would park under there, behind the place. I didn't want to get boxed in, so we could cut out once the concert ended. We weren't there to close the place. So I pulled the truck up to the alley that ran behind the club, so I could hop the curb and scoot on out.

It was a cold rainy March night. I go to start the truck and the battery was dead. To the left the roadies were loading the cube van and I went over to ask if they had cables. Better yet, they offered to give me a jump, but I had to wait a bit. Healey's motor coach was to the right, so while I was waiting I asked the driver if he could back up to let me out. He was a rude dude and said he wasn';t going to risk backing into traffic for me. What traffic? And I offered to stop any vehicles and guide him back. No Go! I suggested rather firmly that he climb out so a man who can drive a bus could move it! We had to get back to our kids!

I knew I'd have very little battery once started and had no time to dilly dally. We waited to jump it till the van was ready to head out and I went that way. I don't know my way around the city, but I managed to make a beeline for US40 straight west out of town. They had leveled blocks of housing to shoot this new sunken expressway through, and it was well lit. No other vehicles, and on this night you needed defrost, wipers, and headlights. I turned all that off, hung my head out the window, and hustled wide open out that expressway, my wife beating on me screaming to pull over the whole time. I had to turn my ears off also.

You see, her sister lived just outside the city just off of US40, so that was my goal. After that sunken expressway you run through the ghetto, traffic lights every block. Not a place you want to pull over, leave the truck, and walk. I left everything turned off, head out the window, stopped at the reds, no cars, I'd hit it hard again. Of course, her heating and screaming the whole way. Somehow I got us to her sister's place on that cold rainy night just 10' from her door. My wife didn't seem to appreciate that. I don't get it. I felt like a hero

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote