The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-20-2015, 10:37 PM   #1
Gregski
Post Whore

Good to see a fair price for a beautiful truck.

Saw this '69 on Craigslist and wanted to share, this truck is stunning and worth every penny of the $7,500 being asked for it. Almost impossible to find reasonable priced trucks of this caliber wouldn't you agree?
Attached Images

Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 04:22 AM   #2
kingstrider

Re: Good to see a fair price for a beautiful truck.

If that is a true swb then it won't last long at that price.
kingstrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 12:41 PM   #3
Jonlopes

Nice, If I were still in the market I would be thinking about a road trip!
Old 05-21-2015, 01:30 PM   #4
leddzepp

If it isn't full of rust it will sell quickly at that price

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:37 PM   #5
chip46wis

Looks very fair---around here every body seems to think a rusty non running 67-72 is worth $5000.The standard line?? yep a little paint and get it running---worth $20,000 on Ebay
chip46wis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:43 PM   #6
davepl

Factory rust-free SWB, yes, fair price.

Cut-down longbed with body filler, no, I'd keep looking.

Weird stance in the back makes me wonder about the SWB part, the rattle-can paintjob makes me wonder about the filler part.
davepl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 09:07 PM   #7
hugger6933

I'd be as scared of that body as I would a snake, and they scare me pretty bad. I can't point out every thing I see from the pics but lets just say the body isn't all that it could be. I didn't read the ad though so i don't know how it is represented.
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:02 AM   #8
Gregski
Post Whore

$5K for this one, it's is in a bit more honest condition - is it worth it?

"one owner 120,000 mile 1972 short bed 4X4 fleetside for sale. It has power steering power brakes it's a 4 speed with factory posie rear end. it's a number's matching 350 4 baril truck. all in all it's in good shape. it will need rockers and cab corners but otherwise good. it does run and drive but it is fresh off the farm so it will need gone thru before it becomes a daily driver."
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2015, 12:20 AM   #9
dubds10
Stalker Nate

$5g is steep for a fresh off the farm rusty truck that probably needs everything to be a daily. $3g tops on that one and that's steep.

Instagram - TheDonutDiner
FaceBook - @UscreamIscream
dubds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 02:29 AM   #10
68bowtie

^^^^^ i agree in the $3k range for that guy...

Survivor "Lil’ Mint" (67 c10 40k mile light green original paint)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh) SOLD
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh) SOLD
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 07:06 AM   #11
special-K
Special Order

SWB K/10 that needs rockers? That's a $5k truck. When we say something is worth $xxxx.xxx, that means it is also worth less. There is a value in "not" buying someone else's paint and replacement parts. The configuration sets the base price and condition up from there. Just the frame, title, VIN-plate, and glovebox door is easily worth $1,500. That is all you need to transform any other truck into a low production/highly desired shortbed K/10. I find that giving a good going through on one of these trucks that has been sitting means a good weekend and good to go on Monday.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:56 PM   #12
dubds10
Stalker Nate

Needs more than just rockers for bodywork. Location determines price as well. I think that truck needs a fair bit to be worth more than $3g. I'd be lucky to get $800 for a SWB chassis with tags etc up here let alone $1500USD or $1750g CAD a that's just crazy talk where I live lol

Instagram - TheDonutDiner
FaceBook - @UscreamIscream
dubds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:14 PM   #13
special-K
Special Order

Yeah, we've had this conversation a time or five. I think these threads are speaking in general wide swath take all areas into consideration. Like what you see on Ebay. You could get more for trucks in your area if you list on Ebay and not the community trader. Some people live where you never see these for sale at all, at any price

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 06-09-2015, 05:51 AM   #14
Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Yeah, we've had this conversation a time or five. I think these threads are speaking in general wide swath take all areas into consideration. Like what you see on Ebay. You could get more for trucks in your area if you list on Ebay and not the community trader. Some people live where you never see these for sale at all, at any price
Yup,around here they bring silly money for any reasonable solid truck. I hear the stories of the great buys, 1500 buck minimal rust trucks but I've never seen one. There was a 70 LWB two wheel drive with a 350 stick for sale a mile away from me. A slight hot rod look.It showed nice and appeared to have decently done sheet metal repairs. It was for sale on Ebay and CL last year for about 7 grand and never sold. If it was four wheel drive and 10 grand it would have sold in this area...
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:05 AM   #15
HSRACER

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
In Houston the white truck would have a line forming the first day it was listed at 7500 dollars. I just can't understand the variance between regions and locations. I sold a 72 2wd that the cab was so rusty it needed thrown away for 5700 dollars and my phone blew up in less than an hour after I listed it on Craig's list. The buyer showed up with cash and didn't even haggle with me.

He then turned around and sold it a week later for 7100 on craigslist.
Patinaed 67 LS stepside
Supercharged 67 Nova
Bagged 69 Suburban Turbo'ed 5.3 LS
HSRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:39 AM   #16
special-K
Special Order

the word "worth" seems to have less and less to do with the price trucks are selling for. If you live where they still go for what they are worth consider yourself fortunate. Relevance plays tricks on our minds. Just like fuel prices when they come down to just high after being crazy high. We see trucks way overpriced, then we see one moderately overpriced and we get all excited. I consider rarity when deciding to go ahead with higher priced truck. A more common configuration I will pass on unless I think it's a great deal

Tim

Old 06-09-2015, 09:28 AM   #17
abraham.hd

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSRACER View Post
In Houston the white truck would have a line forming the first day it was listed at 7500 dollars. I just can't understand the variance between regions and locations. I sold a 72 2wd that the cab was so rusty it needed thrown away for 5700 dollars and my phone blew up in less than an hour after I listed it on Craig's list. The buyer showed up with cash and didn't even haggle with me.

Yup this is true, I had to drive up to San Antonio just purchase my c10 because I got it for 3k running and everything. In Houston I had a guy offering me 5k for it
abraham.hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:33 AM   #18
truckster

I have people ask me all the time, "What's my (fill in the blank) worth?" My response is always, "It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it." What might not be worth anything to me someone else might pay top dollar for, and vice versa.

I do love the ads that say something like, "Just needs a battery and a little gas to run." If that were true, why wouldn't they put a battery and some gas in it?
truckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 12:32 PM   #19
72BigBlockBurb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSRACER View Post

Isn't that the truth...there is a reason I bought my '67 out of Washington state...thankfully it was originally an Arizona truck and hadn't spent too much time out that way. I think the Washington "address" had a lot to do with people not buying that the truck was 100% rust free.
1972 402BB Suburban-Finally got her back!
1982 Mecham Racing Firebird #21
2009 GT1 Corvette
2000 Corvette convertible
72BigBlockBurb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 12:41 PM   #20
cooperhw

I personally think that both trucks (the blue one and the white one) are right where they ought to be priced. Both will probably sell for less than asking. I always add some to my asking price to give some wiggle room and negotiating space.
I've seen better for less, and then again, seen worse for more. Depends on region as to "current trending value". If you live in an area (Houston, Phoenix, etc.) that is Truck Country they bring more money than in areas where they are not as popular.
JMO
cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:10 AM   #21
Gregski
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckster View Post
I do love the ads that say something like, "Just needs a battery and a little gas to run." If that were true, why wouldn't they put a battery and some gas in it?
Yup, then there's always the good ol' "Ran when parked" ad. Which makes me pause every time and ask, why in the world would you drive out a perfectly running truck behind your barn and park it in the middle of a corn field, and remove the driver side door, and the passenger right fender, OF A RUNNING TRUCK, and then walk back 2 miles to your house, under the premise that when you sell it 7 years later you will be able to say, hey man that truck ran when I parked it here, LOL
Old 06-10-2015, 08:21 AM   #22
special-K
Special Order

There are vehicles that are taken off the road for reasons other than they don't run. Some weren't taken off the road, just parked, but then wouldn't start, so it sat for a long time. That vehicle can be made to run again with some minor wrenching.

These trucks shown for sale are on the internet. They are exposed to people everywhere and anywhere if they know how to use search engines. When you list something that way, you reach for the sky. When you pull it out by the road and put a sign on it you sell for what they go for in your area...or find a fool who knows no better

Tim

Old 07-12-2015, 12:42 AM   #23
Gregski
Post Whore

this truck on the other hand is not worth $6,000

ad reads:

I'm selling a 1972 C10 350 Fleetside Shortbed. It was in working order when I bought it for a daily driver but I recently cracked a head so it will need to be replaced. The transmission is strong and the engine sounded great up until the head cracked.

Recent Work Done
- Sanded and primed the front fenders and hood and d/s rear fender
- Aftermarket intake manifold (Edelbrock I believe)
- Aftermarket air filter
- Aftermarket distributor cap
- Replaced fuel lines
- Replaced ignition switch
- Replaced safety neutral switch
- New front tires
- The front end is lowered two inches
- New valve covers
- New window cranks

It's a great truck and I highly regret selling it but I need a second vehicle and can't afford to work on this one anymore. I will also include the AC unit that is not installed and all the parts associated with. it that I have. I'm also throwing in enough paint to finish the primer black.
Attached Images

Old 07-12-2015, 09:01 AM   #24
19673ontree
CAN'T FIX NOTHIN

This thread is very interesting , only thing I say is that the fact of whether one of these truck runs or not MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ! actually id rather buy one that did NOT RUN the body and how much rust is whats important ,,,
19673ontree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:45 AM   #25
TransMan1972

I always buy my trucks with no motor or trans...it seems everyone puts thousands of dollars into a 383 SBC and than try to sell the rusty truck for 15K....seems the engine builders have created this great engine combo and everyone must have the same....IMO, if the truck has factory air its worth more than one without....also the SWB is worth more than the long bed....
TransMan1972 is offline   Reply With Quote