The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-17-2019, 07:54 PM   #1
psoucy

Brake hose

It’s been a while since I have posted anything, I’ve been busy tearing down the truck and rebuilding the motor, sandblasting etc... Got a bunch of pictures I’m going to post if I can figure out how to do it. I also suspect I’ll need some help from the site as I didn’t take nearly enough pictures tearing it down. I have a question that might sound dumb but does the rear brake hose on a 1970 k10 screw directly into the tee fitting. If it does the hose I have only goes in about a turn and a quarter. Am I missing a fitting. And does anyone know where I can get an original front banjo fitting that connects the front cylinder to the hose, without it the brake hoses seem a little short. I have one but the other broke on disassembly. I poked around in the threads but couldn’t find anything on these 2 issues.
psoucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:32 AM   #2
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Brake hose

I can speak as to 2wd hoses which I believe are the same but shorter than K model hoses. I know the hoses can be taken apart from the fitting but generally are not. I believe the threads are fine threads so there would definitely be more than 1 & 1/2 turns. I would look very closely at the threads to see if they are the same pitch. The hose to fitting connection will likely be non flared and have a copper gasket.
If it helps you can look at my WMB thread post #196 (link below) and see what style hose I used. There is a late and an early model hose. The change has to do with how the hose tee attaches to the axle.
The same goes with the front hose as far as the banjo goes. If you don't have the banjos you may be able to get new ones at a local hydraulic hose shop or from a junk yard. But you may find there are different thread pitches used by different manufacturers for the hose to banjo fitting. Someone can correct me but disc brakes wouldn't be stock on a 70 so you may be dealing with the common short hose issue encountered when a later disc set up is used on a earlier truck. The hard lines on the cross member were routed differently when the factory went to disc brakes. Try a search in the 4x4 section on front brakes hoses.
Good luck.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=698377&page=8
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377

Last edited by HO455; 01-18-2019 at 10:37 AM.
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 12:09 PM   #3
psoucy

Re: Brake hose

Ive found the correct tee fitting for the rear brake hose connection, now I need to find someone who has something like the original banjo fitting or a longer brake hose.Name:  IMG_0815.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  26.3 KB

Name:  BRAKE TEE.JPG
Views: 122
Size:  28.0 KB
psoucy is offline   Reply With Quote