The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-13-2011, 01:27 PM   #1
chris mc bride

patch panels for panel truck

My 69 panel is in need of some repair panels. Mainly its all lower part just beneath the lower molding. Both sides need to be cyout and welded back in.Plus the floor baord has few bad places and the rockers are both needing work. Right door will be replaced.What else Im not sure about yet.
What Im having problem with is lower quarters from rear bumper to doors almost and finding replacements.I know they are basicaly like truck parts and have been told only differance is the little step in around fenders.Not sure how accurate this is. Is there anyone who cares Panel truck specific parts,I know they are lot more limited production than the trucks.
Figure floor boards will be regular truck stuff and hope door is same.
If know of any differance from truck or anyone who has quality parts for this let me know.This will be my winter project and then some. Hopefully once I get paying membership I can sell some of the good stuff off truck and help finace the restoration partly,although small it will help.Less imaganation will be good thing too.In some case good mind is expensive to use.
Any help is appreciated.
Attached Images

chris mc bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:33 AM   #2
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Re: patch panels for panel truck

You might PM Classic Heartbeat (Wes) he has a lot of burb / panel stuff.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:21 AM   #3
jays68yak

I just cut one up....
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=487533

"I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me. "
jays68yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:59 AM   #4
chris mc bride

While talking old parts. My understanding is that if I pay 25.00 membership fee I can advertise on site at no other cost? Wanting to run ads on lots of parts some used in good shape and some used in almost new shape. Plus anygood place to check going rate for parts. I ask becuase I almost screwed up and sold a excellant shape grille way to cheap. Had advertised it for about 1/10 cost of new and guy was lil to hyped and got to checking and cancelled sale. So if theres site that runs lots of parts where i can compare let me know.
chris mc bride is offline   Reply With Quote