The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-22-2017, 01:40 PM   #1
macdodd127

selling an item

Ok,,,,so if I want to sell something , I have to pay a "fee" ref. subscribing?
macdodd127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:51 PM   #2
FirstOwner69

Re: selling an item

Correct.
Refer to this:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=8&a=17
FirstOwner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:51 PM   #3
raggedjim

That is correct.

Rg

'68 Short step - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=849675
'69 ('70?) 2wd Blazer
'70 GMC Jimmy 2wd
raggedjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:53 PM   #4
macdodd127

What if I find something I want to buy,,,,do I have to pay a 'fee'?
Old 09-22-2017, 02:04 PM   #5
Custom 68

nope, and we do like to look at it as a subscription. There are lots of us on here that pay this subscription as the knowledge on this site is amazing. The site has grown so much over the years the costs to keep it "free" has been tough. I think it is only 25 bucks.

If you find something listed you can respond to it and buy it the only fees might be the paypal fees but nothing to this site. You cant place a WTB ad with out subscribing.

I may not have been very clear but I think most that are on here are not selling just gaining knowledge and a place to chat about our passion.
Dave
"A good friend will bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "that was frekin awesome".
"If it doesn't fit force it...If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway!"
Custom 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 02:10 PM   #6
macdodd127

Understand,,,,I've been on this site for about two years. Just hate to 'pay' a broker to sell something. I'm surprised that you don't have to 'pay' just to join the site. Oh well,,,,thats the money factor.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:45 PM   #7
towbar

Location: Marshall, NC....heart of the Appalachians.....aka, Gods country!!

I think I've sold 1 item in my time on here, however I have bought a bunch of stuff. No, I don't renew my subscription every year on time but I do subscribe. I don't think of it as a fee, but more of a donation because paying for the subscription is solely your choice. I really enjoy the site for what it is and because the site is a valuable resource for information, ideas and knowledge. This is a site for truck enthusiasts who gather here not because they are wanting to make a quick buck but for the enjoyment of getting to know other like minded people, seeing their projects and on an occasion, buy, sell or even to learn something that we didnt know. It cost the developers $$ to keep the site up and running and the subscription is our way of supporting the admin cost to keep the site updated and operational. There is always Craigslist if you are looking for something free.
towbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 02:50 PM   #8
joedoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by towbar View Post
I think I've sold 1 item in my time on here, however I have bought a bunch of stuff. No, I don't renew my subscription every year on time but I do subscribe. I don't think of it as a fee, but more of a donation because paying for the subscription is solely your choice. I really enjoy the site for what it is and because the site is a valuable resource for information, ideas and knowledge. This is a site for truck enthusiasts who gather here not because they are wanting to make a quick buck but for the enjoyment of getting to know other like minded people, seeing their projects and on an occasion, buy, sell or even to learn something that we didnt know. It cost the developers $$ to keep the site up and running and the subscription is our way of supporting the admin cost to keep the site updated and operational. There is always Craigslist if you are looking for something free.

agreed, I have advertised a few things and sold exactly zero of them on this site. but I renew my subscription every year to help out with server fees. this forum is a great resource, anything you want to do someone has either done and posted pictures of or is willing to give advice on.

from a very binary perspective, someone who just wants to join and sell something because there is a large pool of buyers with a common interest here, yes that can be frustrating. the good news is that selling fees are cheaper on craigslist and ebay!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 03:43 PM   #9
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

I have also let my subscription lapse at times. I have bought a few things and sold just one item over the years so that's clearly not why I subscribe. I value the help, advice, and camaraderie this board offers. Makes keeping my old truck on the road a whole lot easier, and probably helps me maintain whatever is left of my sanity.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 04:10 PM   #10
raggedjim

You probably ended up on this site because a google search led you here (that's how I got here many years ago).

I haven't always been a paid subscriber (why pay for information that you can get for free???) But at some point I realized I would miss this site if it wasn't here, and subscribing is my small way of trying to make sure this site remains on the web.

I'll cheap out on buying replacement parts, I'll cheap out on doing things hap-hazardly, but I can't afford to cheap out on losing all the information that's on this site.

Good luck, Rg

'68 Short step - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=849675
'69 ('70?) 2wd Blazer
'70 GMC Jimmy 2wd
raggedjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 04:33 PM   #11
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdodd127 View Post
Understand,,,,I've been on this site for about two years. Just hate to 'pay' a broker to sell something. I'm surprised that you don't have to 'pay' just to join the site. Oh well,,,,thats the money factor.

The main reason the site started making sellers become "Premium" members is because they had a problem with sellers posting items for sale, receiving the money and just "Disappearing", with no way to track them. The premium membership has mostly eliminated this problem. Also, when you post a for sale item on this site you have a like minded audience that may be looking for the exact item you have for sale..... A 6 month membership is $15. A good investment overall.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 09:50 AM   #12
paul blair

Plus Your name will look better in blue!
paul blair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 11:19 AM   #13
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

It keeps out the Riff Raff scammers who's only interest in the site is to rip people off.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote