The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Site Feedback and Announcements

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-09-2017, 10:26 AM   #1
special-K
Special Order

Moved Threads

I hate to be questioning any action of the staff, but holy cow, would whoever is moving threads wholesale please tap the brakes? I was a staff member once and I myself report threads that need moved. So, I understand exactly how things work here. Is there a new mod here, a new incentive, too much caffeine, or just one mod that has suddenly become overzealous? Can I ask that you please ride your brakes a bit? Some threads about engines are about other aspects of the truck and/or specific to that engine in relation to the specific truck. One small block tread is about getting vacuum to the brakes, for instance. The member was getting plenty of help right where it was, for a while, and now it's popped off the screen. I was helping and I don't really go to the engine board to help because there are plenty members with far more engine specific expertise. There are others but that's one example. I realize some were wrong, such as asking "why am I getting this message" in the 67-72 MB. Although, that was moved to GD rather than Site Feedback? Even if all the moved threads are appropriate, wholesale moving of threads creates another kind of mess. The first page is full of dead space. I don't see all these threads adversely affecting the function here. Other threads don't seem to be drifting back too quickly or anything like that. All I am asking, if I may, is ease up a bit? For the benefit of the site, which I believe it would be. This isn't to please me. I feel I am taking all others into consideration on this. I really don't believe others were affected in a negative way with some of these threads exactly where they were

Like I said, I hate second guessing staff or telling them how to do their job. I feel I'm treading on thin ice, but really, I think it is that bad that I am sticking my neck out. I think the administrators know that I care a lot for this site and like to help wherever I can. This isn't for me, it's for the site. And this isn't an order, it's starting a conversation on a concern.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 01-09-2017 at 10:43 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:57 AM   #2
ranger danger

Re: Moved Threads

I agree with S/K. There are times when a thread might be technically in the wrong section but, for the specificity of the question, would be better off where it started.
US Navy 1979-1983 Gunners Mate Guns (GMG)
NRA Life Member

Unrestrained Children in back seats cause Accidents.
Unrestrained Accidents in back seats cause Children.
ranger danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:15 PM   #3
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Josh and I have not been here in a few days. I am sure they had a reason for doing so, but will look into it now. Hope you are staying warm Tim, its a bit nippy out lol.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:30 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

A little nippy here and there, but mostly warmish and moisty so far this winter. It seems the middle is getting spared what to the north and south have gotten. I think you guys have been having a harder winter...especially considering you are south! I've been waiting for a swampy area to freeze up so I can run the tractor w/splitter over it to get firewood I cut. I cut the tree up in December and need to get it out before the place sells, since it's now on the market. I let my wood stove go out last week because it's just too warm for it. So, a milder winter for me means higher energy costs... crazy

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote