The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-04-2015, 10:49 PM   #1
ztk123

TAC module issues with LS6

After having the ls6 I bought rebuilt, I fired it up today. I'm using the ls 5.3 custom harness, reprogrammed ECM, TB, TAC module and pedal. I let it run for a couple of minutes. When I restarted it I had no pedal, disconnected and reconnected the battery then the pedal worked again. Let it run a few minutes and shut it back down. Restarted it again and no pedal. I'm going to put a scanner on it tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas? TAC?

Thanks,
Mike
ztk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:13 AM   #2
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: TAC module issues with LS6

Have you ever had it on the road? Sounds like its either a parts mismatch (tac/tb/ecm), or a wiring issue.

You'll probably see the u0107 if it limped the pedal, but you may also see a few others. Re-seat the plugs on Tac/TB/Pedal while the battery is discon, and check to see if the yellow or purple wires are coming out of the TB connector.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 06:51 AM   #3
ztk123

Thanks for he reply! Its never been on the road. The pedal and TB came together but I purchased the TAC from a salvage yard. Tried to get the same year as the other parts. Is it imperative that I buy all three?
Thanks again,
Mike
Old 08-05-2015, 01:23 PM   #4
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Ensuring all 3 are from the same vehicle makes life easier, but isn't necessary so long as all the components are of compatible year. The pedal and tac will plug in correctly, even to the wrong-year.

what did the codes say?

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 01:52 AM   #5
ztk123

It turned out to be the throttle body. The engine and trans combo I had originally bought has been in storage since 08. The TB looked really nice but the blade would barely move when I forced it. I went to a salvage yard and purchased the three components. It fired right up and runs great! Thanks for the advice!
Attached Images