The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-01-2010, 03:27 PM   #126
GmtGmt
Conversion Truck Addicted

Re: 84 Crew Cab Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78BO View Post
Man, I know it sucks sometimes but don't stop now. You've already got way too much money and time in it. Atleast get it drivable. Honestly, I couldn't have come close to doing what you have done so far. I never could do wires. Just looking at that harness would have been the end of it. I'd turn it into a BBQ pit! lol
im not going to stop i will finish it but just didnt feel working on it for a while

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.
GmtGmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:10 PM   #127
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Nice work. That supercharged 6.2 is pretty cool!
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:20 AM   #128
GmtGmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Nice work. That supercharged 6.2 is pretty cool!
trust me it looks even cooler

Name:  DJEaQ_1024x767.jpg
Views: 2359
Size:  64.4 KB

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:02 AM   #129
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

I like it! Dig that older V-belt blower drive too! I have been having day dreams for a long time about building a supercharged 7.3 IDI turned into a DI with zoomies in a rat rod.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.

Last edited by Dieselwrencher; 12-02-2010 at 03:03 AM.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 05:33 PM   #130
GmtGmt

Soon time to give the crew cab some love again

Quote:
Old 12-26-2010, 05:39 PM   #131
87 chevy silverado
Account Suspended

kool
87 chevy silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:39 PM   #132
GmtGmt

I have gone into my thinking box again on paint.

What do you guys think of this one?

Name:  Kopi af Kopi af hauler3.jpg
Views: 2551
Size:  25.3 KB

Quote:
Old 12-28-2010, 12:50 AM   #133
MrBeast
high-Tech Red Neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmtGmt View Post
I have gone into my thinking box again on paint.

What do you guys think of this one?

Attachment 672672
Good Start...

But I had to fix something for you.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #134
GmtGmt

I might have a change of plans getting a thrid cab a board member in Cali is going to hook me up as he is parting out a white one OMYC. because i have a feeling my poor body work skills are going to comeback and haunt me in few years.

we are going to see if shipping aint going to kill the deal

Quote:
Old 01-03-2011, 11:57 AM   #135
87 chevy silverado
Account Suspended

hope it works out
87 chevy silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:58 PM   #136
GmtGmt

finally got some seriurs progress on the body work. 3 guys 3 sanders and 8 hours of sanding, bondo, beer and paint

Quote:
Old 01-24-2011, 03:14 AM   #137
Colt Cobra

cool to here, but you both messed up on that photo rendition.....

just sayin....
Colt Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:39 AM   #138
GmtGmt

what engine is it that sits in the garage from Cujan King?

Quote:
Old 01-24-2011, 02:25 PM   #139
GmtGmt

More body work done and the Cab seem around the back is a thing of the past also...

Quote:
Old 01-25-2011, 12:05 AM   #140
Colt Cobra

74 Cadillac 472
Old 01-25-2011, 12:19 AM   #141
thirdstreettito
Resident of Here

I fixed it for all of you.
Attached Images

Miss having a truck
thirdstreettito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:51 AM   #142
GmtGmt

i rather have my 6.2 then a overated and overpriced cummins

Quote:
Old 01-25-2011, 11:34 AM   #143
thirdstreettito
Resident of Here

Over rated? Overpriced? Maybe overpriced in Denmark. But over rated? It is the #1 diesel engine. With millions of miles/hours on them.

Miss having a truck
Old 01-25-2011, 02:28 PM   #144
GmtGmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdstreettito View Post
Overpriced? Maybe overpriced in Denmark.
yeap i have looked into it i could by a new car for the same price of a used unit here 6bt that is

Quote:
It is the #1 diesel engine.
by who?

Quote:
But over rated?
Totaly over rated. everything is about the cummins, cummins this, cummins that, its a great engine no question about that but there are candidates out there that are just as good as the cummins engine,

Quote:
With millions of miles/hours on them.
How many do you proof of has a millions of milles on them?
yes there are some but Mercedes, BMW, Volvo and other brands has too

Quote:
Old 01-26-2011, 12:25 AM   #145
thirdstreettito
Resident of Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmtGmt View Post
yeap i have looked into it i could by a new car for the same price of a used unit here 6bt that is

by who?

Totaly over rated. everything is about the cummins, cummins this, cummins that, its a great engine no question about that but there are candidates out there that are just as good as the cummins engine,

How many do you proof of has a millions of milles on them?
yes there are some but Mercedes, BMW, Volvo and other brands has too
That is mighty expensive, you could buy one here and ship it over for $3000USD.

Every diesel shop I have talked to loves the Cummins. 95% of the sled pulling trucks are Cummins powered. One of the most common diesel swap engines is a Cummins, by far.

Basically a Cummins is like a US Marine. It can brag as much as it wants that it is the best at what it does. Because it is.

Big rigs have been running Cummins engines for 40+ years. Big rig engine average 1 million miles before needing a freshening up. The only downside to a Cummins engine is the weight.

Miss having a truck
Old 01-26-2011, 12:52 AM   #146
Colt Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdstreettito View Post
Basically a Cummins is like a US Marine. It can brag as much as it wants that it is the best at what it does. Because it is.

Big rigs have been running Cummins engines for 40+ years. Big rig engine average 1 million miles before needing a freshening up. The only downside to a Cummins engine is the weight.

call me when theyve been in use for 75 years.... lol, sorry Im a 2 stroke Detroit guy myself, the 5.9s cummins are great motors i guess, heavier than all get out like you said, and way to expensive to work on for my blood, not really a fan of em anyway tho, seems like everyone and their mother has one. I'll take a 6-71T Detroit shoehorned into a pickup over a cummins in a pickup anyday
Im not convinced with the newer ones anyway.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:12 AM   #147
thirdstreettito
Resident of Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cobra View Post
call me when theyve been in use for 75 years.... lol, sorry Im a 2 stroke Detroit guy myself, the 5.9s cummins are great motors i guess, heavier than all get out like you said, and way to expensive to work on for my blood, not really a fan of em anyway tho, seems like everyone and their mother has one. I'll take a 6-71T Detroit shoehorned into a pickup over a cummins in a pickup anyday
Im not convinced with the newer ones anyway.
I prefer the 2-stroke DD as well. But it's much easier to put a Cummins in than a DD and much easier to find a Cummins than a DD.

Miss having a truck
Old 02-07-2011, 06:56 PM   #148
GmtGmt

PICS!!!

almost done with the Metal and body work on the cab still got the left fender and doors too go

Sanding dust

nice

last bit off metal work

Quote:
Old 02-09-2011, 01:53 PM   #149
ghettoluxury

Coming along nice GMT

1949 Five Window, 1973 Step Side, 2000 Z71
ghettoluxury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:18 PM   #150
GmtGmt

all this bondo work sucks its quickly loosing motivation

Quote: