The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2018, 11:39 PM   #1
Scurry67

67 SWB First Build

Been lurking this site for the last year or so. Lots of great information from some knowledgable people. A little bit about my project....

As a senior in high school we were required to complete a senior project prior to graduation. My dad and I had always really liked these body style of pickups so we thought it would be a great senior project to rebuild one. We acquired a 67 cab from a fella my dad knew. It was in a pretty rough shape. Would require new inner/outer rockers, cab corners, and lower A pillars. The inner windshield was rusted out pretty good, as well as areas of the windshield channel. A previous owner also attempted to shave the drip rail. All in all, I figured it would be an awesome learning experience and I couldn't make it any worse than how I got it.

Anyways, long story short; i bit off way more than I could chew for my senior year... Too busy playing sports and chasing girls Switched projects to something non related and managed to graduate.

During college I hardly touched the project on school breaks. After 4 years of college I started a job in Seattle (opposite side of the state) so the project would stay at my dad's shop, still hardly touched. After 4 years on the west side, my wife and I moved back to eastern WA and purchased a house. My only requirement for the house is it had to have a shop.

This past spring I was finally able to get my cab back and in my shop. I've slowly started diving into the rust removal. I have very little experience welding and performing body work, so bare with me. My dad runs an automotive parts and paint supply store back home and has some experience in the field. So he has been very helpful for advice.

Below is a pic of when I got the cab back up to my new shop this last spring. I'll try to get more photos uploaded and get my project to-date through out the next few days.
Attached Images

Scurry67 is offline   Reply With Quote