The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-13-2018, 11:08 AM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Wife surprised me last night.

No she didn't give me the OK to do something lol!

In our house we have the main living room, that's hers. She has the fancier new TV with all the extras. We don't always watch the same things so this works great for us.

My room is the kitchen/family room/fireplace area. Its all one open area, not giant, just a warm cozy area of the house. My TV is larger, not 4K with all the extra do-dads. Perfect for me. I usually have it on to Velocity/Motor Trend or Discovery.

Since its only two of us, most of the time we sit in her living room and watch stuff we both are in to while we eat. We end the evening there together unless she wants to catch up on some of her stuff, then Im off to my TV, or I open the Kindle.

Last night we decided to sit at the island and eat dinner. My TV was on Fantom Works. Now she has zero interest in cars or car shows. I wasn't even paying attention to the TV as we ate and talked about our day. She looked over at the TV ... Hey, who is that guy? Is he new to the shop? I don't think Ive seen him on there before. What? How the heck would she know that? She said well the TV is always on in here, and this area is sort of the hub of the house I don't just totally tune out your shows. LOL, could have tipped me over with a feather ... Trust me I do tune out her shows haha!
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:01 PM   #2
el_fantasma

Re: Wife surprised me last night.

They’re always watching us . . .
Old 12-13-2018, 06:16 PM   #3
Warrens69GMC

and be glad it wasn't the security cameras viewer to your shop...........
Warrens69GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:13 PM   #4
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

I would feel the same way if mine made a comment like that. Not sure she even knows the difference between the shows, except Wheeler Dealers.....they talk funny

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!

Last edited by Palf70Step; 12-14-2018 at 01:17 PM.
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 12:42 PM   #5
mikebte

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_fantasma View Post
They’re always watching us . . .
Yes they are, Always! When I can't find something, guess who knows?
mikebte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 03:40 PM   #6
Boog
laying low

Oh man. My wife has her nose in books every night. I watch tv while browsing the forums. She has SUPER hearing. Its a curse for her. I swear she hears my thoughts! She hears both sides of my phone conversations too. And from the other room. She will absolutely leave the room if Gravyard cars comes on. She dont watch it but she hates the way werman talks and acts. I kinda agree. I do mute it sometimes.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:03 PM   #7
special-K
Special Order

You're lucky she lets you watch those shows. When you asked permission was it a simple "Sure, ok" Or did you have to threaten to cut her off?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 12:00 PM   #8
Coley

Smile Re: Wife surprised me last night.

I've got one of the good ones as well....my wife that is, lol

My wife didn't originally show much interest in some of the car shows that popped up but she really started to enjoy them in no time flat.
Roadkill, Gas Monkey...and a few of the other ones....no problem she is all in.

I think one of the things she has come to realize is that guys often tend to have more 'real' fun than women....certainly in some work groups.
Women, when they get together, often get competitive and frustrated which is fine on some level....but they won't communicate it to one another and will often remain socially pleasant.
They will tend to smile and appear to agree in the moment...then they cluck and gossip about it afterwards....as many of us know, lol
Guys will often compete and disagree etc as well but guys are pretty immediate about their frustrations, etc so they will hammer it out in person and then move on.
Thus, guys are often better communicators than they are given credit for.

So you see that in these shows....but essentially everything keeps moving and there are a lot of laughs along the way.
Generally these are all pretty positive shows which is nice to see these days....probably replacing a lot of the sitcoms, lol.

All good
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 03:08 PM   #9
special-K
Special Order

That's it! Replace the sitcoms with ones of families with junkyards, auto repair shops, used cars, custom-bilt biz, urban/rural, varied cartoon like cast and all. Don't forget the canned laughter.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 02:17 PM   #10
davepl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Oh man. My wife has her nose in books every night. I watch tv while browsing the forums. She has SUPER hearing. Its a curse for her. I swear she hears my thoughts! She hears both sides of my phone conversations too. And from the other room. She will absolutely leave the room if Gravyard cars comes on. She dont watch it but she hates the way werman talks and acts. I kinda agree. I do mute it sometimes.
I wear Bose QCII 35 noise-canceling headphones and they're great at taking out the background noise. I'd wear them all the time if they didn't make me look autistic (which I might be, who knows). You could get her a pair on Amazon!
davepl is offline   Reply With Quote