The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-07-2013, 10:23 PM   #26
FirstOwner69

Re: LMC?? Brothers?? who is your aftermarket go to company?

I agree... Rock Auto. That's the best price on Auto Custom Carpet (ACC) and if you look around you should be able to find a 5% off code number. I am very pleased with the ACC I got there.
FirstOwner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #27
Lattimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstOwner69 View Post
I agree... Rock Auto. That's the best price on Auto Custom Carpet (ACC) and if you look around you should be able to find a 5% off code number. I am very pleased with the ACC I got there.

That's the brand name that I couldn't remember!!!!!!

1970 Chevy C-10 SWB, 350, TKO 600 5 speed
My build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559881
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #28
FirstOwner69

Here's a Rock Auto 5% coupon code to try if you order from them. If it doesn't work there are others available. 1572750112880948 You enter the code on the line that says "How did you hear about us".
FirstOwner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:56 PM   #29
Don Quixote

Lattimer, I just noticed that you're a Jersey man. I got the chassis off of a parts truck I picked up off of this board in Plainfield. He was a parts distributor as well and his stuff wasn't bad but unfortunately he went out of business a few years back. I went to buy a few things and there he was, gone.

Funny thing is that if you go through the vehicle classifieds, it is still up on page 70-something if I remember, this was back in 2008. He was selling it as a complete truck but it needed a lot of love so I used parts off of it and mainly used the chassis and the grill which is why my GMC has a Chevy grill.

So far, this is the oldest I've ever been.
Don Quixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #30
Scottcoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstOwner69 View Post
Here's a Rock Auto 5% coupon code to try if you order from them. If it doesn't work there are others available. 1572750112880948 You enter the code on the line that says "How did you hear about us".
WOW!! I just ordered a Spectra gas tank for my truck and saved over $100.00 just in shipping compared to the other sites mentioned and the 5% coupoun is valid.. Freakin awesome Thanks guys
Old 07-08-2013, 10:56 AM   #31
mr48chev

Wes at Classic Heartbeat is the closest vendor who I can call "local" I can order parts one day and have them the next and if he won't put it on his own trucks he doesn't sell it to others. For big items It's a 180 mile run over to his shop if need be.

Jim Carter is great to deal with but I haven't bought much from him as of yet.

I like the LMC catalog for ease of use and buy enough to keep the catalogs coming.

I've only used Brothers once or twice so don't have a lot of experience with them. Website is hard for me to figure out though.

Tucker along with a walk in store has an Ebay store that lets me check out things and they may get some of my business.

I try to keep most of my new item Ebay purchases to vendors with real store front operations rather than someone doing drop shipping.

I also factor in the sales price and shipping costs of any item I buy and that quite often makes the decision as to who gets to sell it to me along with their customer service. Sometimes the great price isn't so great when you get nailed for shipping because the item was a rather spendy but small and light weight item and they set their shipping charges by the price of the item rather than size and weight.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #32
chevytruckclassics

i have gotten parts from classic Chevy parts and the parts have always been great quality! LMC truck has a great selection but i ordered some mirrors for my truck from there and they are made REALLY cheaply. enough so that that mirrors shake going down the road. that left a bad taste in my mouth with LMC. but probably my favorite place to deal with was GMCPauls. Amazing selection of NOS parts. hell i even got a NOS shifter knob from there that are really rare. great costumer service. really nice staff and they answered my questions fast and thoroughly.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:01 PM   #33
Lattimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottcoda View Post
WOW!! I just ordered a Spectra gas tank for my truck and saved over $100.00 just in shipping compared to the other sites mentioned and the 5% coupoun is valid.. Freakin awesome Thanks guys
I got mine there and it was very nice quality.

I buy a ton of "service" parts from Rock Auto, all my ball joints, tie rod ends, motor mounts, etc.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #34
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

My local parts store carries quite a bit of stuff that I need as far as keeping my truck running mechanically. They are a mom and pop store backed by Parts Plus.

For anything else... I call Wes at Classic Heartbeat. Like mr48chev above... Wes is more local to me, so parts will come fast when I order. It's a 3.5 hour drive if I wanted to see him in person.

I have ordered from LMC in the past, and also CPP. Have had no problems with either of them.

Way back when I first got my '72 GMC (around 2005), the PO gave me a stack of catalogs with the truck, and Golden State Truck Parts was one of them. I had ordered a couple things from them with no probs as well. Not even sure if GSTP is still around.

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:06 AM   #35
Gokart Mozart

subscribed
Gokart Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #36
Scottcoda

GO ROCKAUTO.COM GO!!!!!! as you guys know from an earlier post on this thread i ordered my spectra tank from rock auto just a few days ago and i just got my shipping info from FED-EX and get this... tank ordered on 07/08/13.. shipped on 07/09/13 and to be at my door today 07/10/13... friggin awesome for 17.78 bucks in shipping charges..total price was 169.58.. not bad for a tank made in canada and not Taiwan!!!! Thanks for the reccomendation guys!!! HOMERUN!!! GO ROCKAUTO GO!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #37
Wrenchbender Ret

I'm not sure where the best carpet is but I can say LMC carpet is junk.
I'm with kcsa75, I can buy over the counter from Classic parts or LMC but I prefer Classic parts.
George
Wrenchbender Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:21 AM   #38
Scottcoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrenchbender Ret View Post
I'm not sure where the best carpet is but I can say LMC carpet is junk.
I'm with kcsa75, I can buy over the counter from Classic parts or LMC but I prefer Classic parts.
George
I have heard that about LMC carpets before... I almost ordered one from summitracing cuz the price is right but after a little research the lund industries carpet that summit sells is a non molded carpet so it never really fits right.. i wound ordering one from brothers.. carpet was on sale and had good reviews... hope it works out!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #39
In The Ten Ring

The door handles and side mirrors I got from LMC back in 2003 immediately formed spots on the chrome even though the truck never left a garage.

The trunions I ordered for my tailgate did not fit.

Should I go with a Spectra gas tank from Rock Auto or an original? Would the original be "new"?
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:25 PM   #40
Scottcoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Ten Ring View Post

Should I go with a Spectra gas tank from Rock Auto or an original? Would the original be "new"?
I will let you know today or tomorrow depending on what time it is arrives.. I went with spectra b/c of their website and the fact that they are "can-am". I not a big fan of buying replacement parts for an american made truck from overseas so I try to buy american/canadian when I can.. I will make a post on the fit and finish. Hopefully it slides in, bolts up with no hassle also if you do go with rock auto dont forget to look back in this thread for a 5% coupon
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-10-2013, 12:28 PM   #41
Lattimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Quixote View Post
Lattimer, I just noticed that you're a Jersey man. I got the chassis off of a parts truck I picked up off of this board in Plainfield. He was a parts distributor as well and his stuff wasn't bad but unfortunately he went out of business a few years back. I went to buy a few things and there he was, gone.

Funny thing is that if you go through the vehicle classifieds, it is still up on page 70-something if I remember, this was back in 2008. He was selling it as a complete truck but it needed a lot of love so I used parts off of it and mainly used the chassis and the grill which is why my GMC has a Chevy grill.
LOL. Too bad he's gone.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #42
Lattimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottcoda View Post
I will let you know today or tomorrow depending on what time it is arrives.. I went with spectra b/c of their website and the fact that they are "can-am". I not a big fan of buying replacement parts for an american made truck from overseas so I try to buy american/canadian when I can.. I will make a post on the fit and finish. Hopefully it slides in, bolts up with no hassle also if you do go with rock auto dont forget to look back in this thread for a 5% coupon
Posted via Mobile Device

You should be good to go, I put one in a few months back and it fit perfect. Only struggle was getting the new rubber grommet in place, and that was just a little lube and muscle.

Old 07-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #43
treveiger

Where ever I find the parts for the right price. I like the venders here and summit for some things.
Posted via Mobile Device