The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-01-2011, 03:46 AM   #1
4ton68

lift kit

Anyone know who makes a 10 or 12 inch lift kit for a 1968 chevy k20?? or someone that makes custom springs?
4ton68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:16 AM   #2
royo

Re: lift kit

a rear 8 inch spring 52 in long will give you about 12 inch of lift in the front but you will have to use a b52 spring kit from diy or move you factory perches up
it will also ride better

Last edited by royo; 01-01-2011 at 05:17 AM.
royo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:03 PM   #3
4ton68

alright thanks royo and when you say move the perches up how far and all that are you talking and what exactly do you mean by perches?
Old 01-01-2011, 01:05 PM   #4
4ton68

and who is diy i googled them and got nothing. do you have a site or number?
Old 01-01-2011, 02:02 PM   #5
Altec
Getcha Pull

http://diy4x.com/
They make great products, and the guys who run DIY are cool.

If it was mine, I'd look at a shackle flip in the rear with 4" lift springs, and a 1" zero-rate. Then a B52 conversion in the front with 4" rear lift springs with a 1" zero-rate. Add a 1" body lift, and you are running a nice 10" lift that will flex nice, and ride decent.

The things that pop into my head that will need to be changed as well are longer brake lines, lengthened drive shaft, clocked rear leaf spring perches, maybe turned "C"'s in the front axle, and maybe a crossover steering.

Here is a thread about what you plan on doing.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=412360

Honestly, this is a TON of work. Companies do offer factory leaf springs in a 10"-12" lift. The problem is simply that they are useless... They flex so little, and ride so bad you might as well solid mount your axles... If you are interested in doing it how Royo, and myself talked about then I suggest start researching the different areas of the conversion. It really won't be easy, or cheap.

How big of a tire are you wanting to run? At the end of the day, that is a lot of lift.
'96 Integra
Altec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:13 PM   #6
4ton68

ive got 38.5 on it right now. ive been looking around trying to find exactly how much bigger i want to go. right now the truck is hugging the tires and i want to get some more room between the tires and truck
Old 01-01-2011, 07:53 PM   #7
royo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altec View Post
http://diy4x.com/
They make great products, and the guys who run DIY are cool.

If it was mine, I'd look at a shackle flip in the rear with 4" lift springs, and a 1" zero-rate. Then a B52 conversion in the front with 4" rear lift springs with a 1" zero-rate. Add a 1" body lift, and you are running a nice 10" lift that will flex nice, and ride decent.

The things that pop into my head that will need to be changed as well are longer brake lines, lengthened drive shaft, clocked rear leaf spring perches, maybe turned "C"'s in the front axle, and maybe a crossover steering.

Here is a thread about what you plan on doing.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=412360

Honestly, this is a TON of work. Companies do offer factory leaf springs in a 10"-12" lift. The problem is simply that they are useless... They flex so little, and ride so bad you might as well solid mount your axles... If you are interested in doing it how Royo, and myself talked about then I suggest start researching the different areas of the conversion. It really won't be easy, or cheap.

How big of a tire are you wanting to run? At the end of the day, that is a lot of lift.
Good info

here is a pic of the first gen b52s
Attached Images