The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-17-2005, 10:03 AM   #1
03glide
Sell it before it's finished

For sale thread deleted?

I posted my blazer for sale yesterday and today it is gone. Can someone tell me why?

Brian
03glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 10:10 AM   #2
jakeslim
Premium Level Member

Re: For sale thread deleted?

Wrong forum and selling is for paid membership(cheap ) now.

77 K5 - 383, auto, 6" lift, D60 front, 14b rear, 39" tsl's,
jakeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:24 PM   #3
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Here it is in "J" english, straight from the Forum guidelines

XIV. As of October 15th 2005 subscribing members will be the only ones
permitted to post for sale and want to buy ads on any classified section
of this site.
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T

Last edited by LUV2XCLR8; 11-17-2005 at 05:25 PM.
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 08:15 PM   #4
krue
Designated A-hole!

Just like it says in the sticky at the top of the page.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 09:55 PM   #5
orangepunkn

I have to say I wasnt happy to see all the blazer parts get lumped in with the pickup parts but oh-well now everyone has to pay a membership fee to buy or post wanted ads.The fact that people could freely sell,buy,trade and generally shoot the bull attracted me to this site.I am not sure if this is to discurage dishonest people or to pay for software but I think it will decrease the amount of users there are currently and therefore decrease the amount of parts and gizmos to buy
orangepunkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:02 PM   #6
cableguy0

This site is a service provided and just like any other service it costs money to use all the features.this place costs thousands of dollars a year to operate not to mention 1000's of hours of time between the admins and the rest of the mods such as myself.we all work for free to keep this place nice. the only thing that costs is to post wtb or for sale posts. you can still post freely and get all the info you will ever need for free. the amount of knowledge on this board is worth the 25 bucks in and of itself. people whining about it is getting old and its not needed. theres already too many thread explaining why things are the way they are
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:50 PM   #7
larry may

Yea !what cableguyo said and NO whiners. Just pay the little bit of money and have a good time. One question answered has saved several dollars. Makes trouble shooting a breeze with these High Tech Folks. When the Garage needs cleaned out one of these will buy your stuff. Well worth 25.00 and more. (imo)
larry may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:10 PM   #8
phantom dually
Project92 SWB stepside

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangepunkn
I have to say I wasnt happy to see all the blazer parts get lumped in with the pickup parts but oh-well now everyone has to pay a membership fee to buy or post wanted ads.The fact that people could freely sell,buy,trade and generally shoot the bull attracted me to this site.I am not sure if this is to discurage dishonest people or to pay for software but I think it will decrease the amount of users there are currently and therefore decrease the amount of parts and gizmos to buy
Its obvious by the low post count that you have, you dont frequently visit and respond to things. I am sure that if you had the need or maybe used the help and knowledge that the thousands of members here can provide you may see things diffrently. I couldnt begin to repay for the knowledge and help that I have received here. Maybe some people just dont understand it?? Anyhow I hope you views change. Later Eric
92 C1500 stepside 496 Stroker Competiton Engineering Ladder bars/QA1 coilovers. Dana 60 rear with 4.10 gear and posi. Bonspeed Palisade 20x12 in rear w/335/30/20 and 20x8.5 front w/245/40/20. 5/8 drop with Belltech springs/DJM spindles/drop shocks. WWS Progress thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=140448
phantom dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:44 PM   #9
03glide
Sell it before it's finished

I paid the fee to sell here. I didn't read the sticky because I haven't sold anything here in a while and didn't know there was a change. I am glad there is only a fee if you are selling. I have been part of several forums that went to pay just to view threads. Most of those boards no longer exist.

Brian
03glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:52 PM   #10
phantom dually
Project92 SWB stepside

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03glide
I paid the fee to sell here. I didn't read the sticky because I haven't sold anything here in a while and didn't know there was a change. I am glad there is only a fee if you are selling. I have been part of several forums that went to pay just to view threads. Most of those boards no longer exist.

Brian
Glad to see you are still hanging out despite the new rules.
92 C1500 stepside 496 Stroker Competiton Engineering Ladder bars/QA1 coilovers. Dana 60 rear with 4.10 gear and posi. Bonspeed Palisade 20x12 in rear w/335/30/20 and 20x8.5 front w/245/40/20. 5/8 drop with Belltech springs/DJM spindles/drop shocks. WWS Progress thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=140448
phantom dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 12:04 AM   #11
krue
Designated A-hole!

BTW Ebay charges a fee to sell and I don't see their business slowing down any? I subscribe to several magazines and don't learn half the stuff from them that I do here. The subscription to this site would be worth it just to read the FAQ section IMO.

www.daveramsey.com

93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
Old 12-06-2005, 09:07 AM   #12
chevy72402
FARMER/RANCHER

I guess I have been gone for a while. But I have been a registered user on this board for a long time. I did like the free exchange of using the board to buy and sell things. although I never did so. But I liked the option to be able to. I think what happened is all the people who gave to the board thought they should get something special in return and now it has turned to this. I have been around since April of 01 and I understand the need to be able to support the bandwidth and I remember what the old board was like. sure you have more gizmo's and gadgets to play with on this forum setup but is this what 67-72 CHEVY trucks is about? no, to me it's about people and if people aren't here there isn't a board.

I am sure the moderators won't appreciate my comments. but oh well, such is life

1972 Chevy Blazer 2wd, tach, tilt, a/c, my first engine overhauling experience, Orange, with white top

2006 Gmc Sierra, XM, Z-71, dark blue, onstar, leather, rear entertainment (audio only) heated seats, (the wife loves that feature) upgraded tires immediately after purchase to Goodyear Wrangler AT/S (hate those rock throwers that come from the factory)
BWC
chevy72402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 09:17 AM   #13
krue
Designated A-hole!

I can tell you the fee was not instituted to give anything "special" to anyone. It was simply to keep the scamming to a minimum. We had a rash of people joining to simply buy or sell and ripping people off. By paying a $25 fee to post a wtb or for sale thread we're trying to weed those people out. As for as I can tell, this place is still the best place on the web to learn and enjoy GM trucks. The added benefits of a larger, newer server that can handle the huge amount of traffic are nice also.

www.daveramsey.com

93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
Old 12-06-2005, 05:18 PM   #14
Medicanman71
Account Suspended

where can i sell my orig blazer/pickup tow hooks, i just want to get rid of them but wont pay to do it.... anyone have any ideas let me know, but as per TOU... i will not be selling these here since i'm not a payying member so please dont ask, but thanks if you have any ideas.
Medicanman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 05:50 PM   #15
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicanman71
where can i sell my orig blazer/pickup tow hooks, i just want to get rid of
them but wont pay to do it.... anyone have any ideas let me know,

PM a MOD 1st, but offer them up for sale w/ $25 of the sale going to the
board as a donation, I think they have allowed this before, but PM a MOD.
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T

Last edited by LUV2XCLR8; 12-06-2005 at 05:51 PM.
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 06:51 PM   #16
krue
Designated A-hole!

ebay

medicanman you have pm

www.daveramsey.com

93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"

Last edited by krue; 12-06-2005 at 06:52 PM.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:41 PM   #17
pound41

I understand the paying for up keep of the board and the selling fee. I have been surfing the board for a while now. My time is limited and I come in as often as possible and if I can help with a question or something I reply. My only complaint and this is sorta related to the issue-- but not. I have a 70 and 71 blazer. Thats it! I have owned many 70-72 trucks and when I have time I check it all out. What was great and about this forum and how it was born. Was blazer people wanted a place for blazers without having to sift through all the other parts and For sale adds. I missed out on several blazer parts that I would have been interested in before this forum. because they were buried in a hundred truck posts. You guys do a great job with this board an I appreciate it. Thats just my 2 cents on the blazer forum
pound41 is offline   Reply With Quote