The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-19-2001, 12:59 AM   #1
stllookn
Saving 1 truck at a time!

Post DJM 3"/5" Lowering Kit

Anyone install this kit on their truck? It looks really good but when I read the DJM cataloge they also offer control arm and spring combinations. They state in the ad for the control arms that "No cutting, welding or wheel interference problems like you run into with Drop Spindles..." So what did I miss? Does that mean when I buy the DJM 3" drop spindles I will have to cut, weld and reinforce my original control arms and/or worry about wheel interference? I suppose I will have to call them but thought someone here might have already done this.
'69 Flxible Cruiser (look up ugly in the dictionary)
stllookn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 10:49 AM   #2
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

Red face

stllookn,

I have a 2.5/4 drop on my truck from DJM. The installation was quick and no problem. The cutting the ad refers to is a "C" notch for the rear on 4 or more inch drops. There are kits to replace the control arms, springs and spindals but they are direct bolts ons. Hence no cutting. I have heard were some people have had to modify their control arms in order to get a spindal to fit but the number is very low and rare. I personnal just prefer the drop spindal. It's easy to install and the geometry is the same for an easier alignment. Visit my web site for pics of the drop. I have not loaded the web page pic for the drop kit installation but there are plenty of other pics to show the stance.

------------------
Gerardo
1983 Custom Truck
TX Plates: "BAD BOW"
http://www.geocities.com/abetterchemist/
Old 11-25-2001, 02:22 PM   #3
69 longhorn

Most of the trimming situations on the a arm have to do with wheel width & back spacing. I have looked at tubular a arms,& honestly dont think they are as stout as the original arms.....I say go with the spindle.--------------------Hotrodhorn