The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-30-2016, 11:09 PM   #151
Misled

Re: Hooker 73-87 GM truck LS swap system

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddoky View Post
No, there's no particular PS hoses called out in the instructions of any of the components...the lab tech who does all the final assembly of our swap projects normally makes custom hoses using Aeroquip fittings and hose.
You should smuggle (or at least have them sell) me a set!!!!
Misled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 11:15 PM   #152
toddoky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misled View Post
You should smuggle (or at least have them sell) me a set!!!!
The fittings he uses are are the re-usable type, so you can obtain and use the same parts he did.
toddoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 08:14 PM   #153
Advanced Design

A bit off topic though here is the exhaust system I put together using the 73 - 87 downpipes. The downpipes worked perfectly for this application.

Thanks again Todd.
Attached Images

Advanced Design is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:26 AM   #154
toddoky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
A bit off topic though here is the exhaust system I put together using the 73 - 87 downpipes. The downpipes worked perfectly for this application.

Thanks again Todd.
It looks like you put those Hooker manifolds and adapters to good use Doug, nice job.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:03 PM   #155
Houston Ben

Todd,
how much better is the flow of the cast iron headers than stock truck, tbss, or Camara manifolds?

Thanks
Old 07-15-2016, 08:12 PM   #156
toddoky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Ben View Post
Todd,
how much better is the flow of the cast iron headers than stock truck, tbss, or Camara manifolds?

Thanks
There's never been any comparative testing done between those various manifolds at Holley, but I can tell you the Hooker manifolds were modeled after (but more tightly tucked to the engine) the geometry of the 2010-up Camaro manifolds and would offer similar performance as them.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:31 AM   #157
reaper71

Have a question...I picked up a set of the cast manifolds for a customer job and I am having a heck of a time finding the gasket to fit the s.s flange that comes with the manifolds.
On the website it states 2010 camaro exhaust gasket will fit.
I have ordered 4 different sets and are all the same (center to center on flange is 3 3/4") and the gaskets are 4 3/8" and the round portion that is supposed to fit into the groove on the s.s flange is way bigger.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Mark.
reaper71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 12:55 PM   #158
foamypirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper71 View Post
Have a question...I picked up a set of the cast manifolds for a customer job and I am having a heck of a time finding the gasket to fit the s.s flange that comes with the manifolds.
I have ordered 4 different sets and are all the same (center to center on flange is 3 3/4") and the gaskets are 4 3/8" and the round portion that is supposed to fit into the groove on the s.s flange is way bigger.

Thanks Mark.
If you look up the instructions on the Holley website, it has part numbers for the gaskets.
foamypirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:26 PM   #159
toddoky

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper71 View Post

Thanks Mark.
The GM manifold outlet gasket referenced in the instructions is part number 92202326, is that the gasket you've ordered/received?
Old 08-26-2016, 09:34 AM   #160
reaper71

Thanks for the reply...

No I have not ordered that one yet (GM#) these were from the local parts house Ill give them a try.

Mark...
reaper71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 11:05 PM   #161
ccrane0044

Can anyone confirm if the Headers sold in the kit hang below the frame rails? In the pictures it looks pretty close but hard to say for sure. If they do hang lower is there any fitment issues with using other brands of shorties or midlength headers hitting the mounts at all?
Old 12-11-2016, 11:34 PM   #162
toddoky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrane0044 View Post
Can anyone confirm if the Headers sold in the kit hang below the frame rails? In the pictures it looks pretty close but hard to say for sure. If they do hang lower is there any fitment issues with using other brands of shorties or midlength headers hitting the mounts at all?
The headers do not drop below the bottom of the frame at all. I can't say if any other headers will fit with the Hooker engine brackets.
Old 12-11-2016, 11:46 PM   #163
ccrane0044

Quote:
The headers do not drop below the bottom of the frame at all. I can't say if any other headers will fit with the Hooker engine brackets.
Now that's what I call service! Awesome, Thanks a lot.

As for the engine brackets I don't think I was clear on what I mean't, Sorry. I was referring to the engine mounts that are sold in the 2334K1 Kit.
Old 12-12-2016, 02:47 PM   #164
toddoky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrane0044 View Post
Now that's what I call service! Awesome, Thanks a lot.

As for the engine brackets I don't think I was clear on what I mean't, Sorry. I was referring to the engine mounts that are sold in the 2334K1 Kit.
That kit number you posted is something the Jeg's packages and sells on its own, but going off of the image of the components on their website, they are the Hooker GM truck engine mounts (12621HKR) I had in mind when I gave my answer as to the fitment of non-Hooker headers.
Old 01-30-2017, 09:26 PM   #165
SC_Titan

Any more info on the dual tank setup on the red truck?

wondering if an 87+ blazer tank will work with the 3in exhaust.
SC_Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:18 PM   #166
toddoky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_Titan View Post
Any more info on the dual tank setup on the red truck?

wondering if an 87+ blazer tank will work with the 3in exhaust.
The tanks are stock, but I'm not sure what other parts the rest of the fuel system is comprised of. I can't say whether or not the Blazer tank would be compatible with Hooker exhaust system as it was not evaluated for compatibility during development of the whole system.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-02-2017, 12:38 PM   #167
toddoky

I've not posted any new information in this thread in a while and thought I'd share some new Holley accessory drive options that apply to this application.

Holley has recently released a new accessory drive system that shares the same component configuration as the 4th-gen F-body FEAD. This set-up is capable of being installed at both the F-body and truck offsets with the parts contained in the packaging; installation at the Corvette-offset is not possible.

A very cool feature of this set-up is it allows the user to install the small or large truck type alternators as you can see in the attached photos.

The new Holley low-mount A/C compressor bracket for the Sanden SD7B10 also shown in the photos has the capability of being installed at the Corvette, F-body or truck offsets, depending on the vehicle application and the specific engine swap brackets being used.

For those of you using the Hooker 12612HKR 73-87 GM truck brackets, the A/C compressor bracket can be installed at the F-body and truck offsets without have to cut or modify anything.

The parts shown in the photos were painted black by the vehicle owner and are not available from Holley in that finish; all production components are bare aluminum.[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG].
Old 02-20-2017, 03:28 PM   #168
SC_Titan

Hope to have my LY6 6.0 on a test stand soon. Where is everybody ordering the Holley parts from? Haven't really found the swap parts cheaper than holley.com??
SC_Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:15 PM   #169
sprint_9

Quote:
The new Holley low-mount A/C compressor bracket for the Sanden SD7B10 also shown in the photos has the capability of being installed at the Corvette, F-body or truck offsets, depending on the vehicle application and the specific engine swap brackets being used.
Any idea as to when the AC bracket will ship? I pre-ordered a month ago and the estimated ship date keeps getting pushed back to maintain a two week gap to the present day.
sprint_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:45 PM   #170
toddoky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint_9 View Post
Any idea as to when the AC bracket will ship? I pre-ordered a month ago and the estimated ship date keeps getting pushed back to maintain a two week gap to the present day.
I don't have any idea personally as I'm not involved with the development of those particular products.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-14-2018, 01:25 PM   #171
Advanced Design

Todd,

While I remember you posting somewhere (ls1tech maybe) you had developed the mounts for the LT power train in the 73 - 87 trucks, I have been struggling to find them on the Holley website. There is no reference to the LT in the products section.

Would you be able to provide a link or part numbers?

Thank you!
Old 05-14-2018, 03:22 PM   #172
toddoky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Todd,

While I remember you posting somewhere (ls1tech maybe) you had developed the mounts for the LT power train in the 73 - 87 trucks, I have been struggling to find them on the Holley website. There is no reference to the LT in the products section.

Would you be able to provide a link or part numbers?

Thank you!
Hello Doug. Holley has not designed LT swap engine brackets for the 73-87 GM truck applications at this time, only LS swap engine brackets.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:20 PM   #173
Advanced Design

Quote:
Hello Doug. Holley has not designed LT swap engine brackets for the 73-87 GM truck applications at this time, only LS swap engine brackets.
OK, thank you Todd. That explains why I can’t find them. It must have been another application. Really appreciate your quick response.

Are they on your “To Do” list? I was thinking they had been developed based on post 79 in 87Chevy.com LT swap...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=712571&page=4

Also, the Holley mid mount accessory drive system is on my purchase list for my 48 Burb. Really appreciate the product support you guys are providing!

Last edited by Advanced Design; 05-14-2018 at 09:45 PM.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:32 PM   #174
Misled

Quote:
No, there's no particular PS hoses called out in the instructions of any of the components...the lab tech who does all the final assembly of our swap projects normally makes custom hoses using Aeroquip fittings and hose.
This is what I put together using stock lines.....
Attached Images

Misled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:19 PM   #175
Roaddogg

Does anyone know if the Holley engine mounts and crossmember will work for a 6l90e transmission on a 2wd C10 with low hump?
Roaddogg is offline   Reply With Quote