The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-18-2004, 04:19 PM   #51
Blue Beard

Texans aren't all bad, just had a gent that I was trying to buy a 56 delivery from that even called me back to say it had sold to a previous offer.....most of the time people won't go that far.
1956 Chev Bel Air
1977 Blazer 2WD For Sale $3000.00
1978 Blazer 2WD For Sale $7000.00
1978 Silverado
2005 Monte Carlo
Blue Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 02:03 PM   #52
Fasglas

Well, this thread has gotten me a bit gun shy. I was thinking about buying a distributor from a guy on another message board. What should I do to protect myself? I've never bought anything from anyone online.

Can they ship it to you COD?
Fasglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 03:01 PM   #53
Jwill41

I have bought from several board members and have only had good experience. There is of course a bad apple here and there but I guess I have been lucky. There are mostly good people still around, especially in Texas. LOL.

67 1/2 ton GMC short step side
68 1/2 ton Chevy long fleet side
72 1/2 ton Chevy Suburban
99 1/2 ton Chevy Suburban

founder (and only member) of the primer/clearcoat club
Jwill41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 01:12 PM   #54
SCOTI

Fasglas, the best thing to do is find out if the person you're considering doing business with has positive results w/others (ask for references).

But, even then there's no guarantees. I've bought a motor from 1 guy out of state & had excellent communication throughout the entire deal.... before & after he had my money. I've also done a deal w/another member out of state (for much less $$) that took much longer than needed, was extremely frustrating (w/poor communication after he got my money), & in the end I didn't even get what I originally paid for & specifically requested (I don't have anything good/bad to say about him.... I just won't do business w/him again).

On the motor I bought, he had sold motors before so I checked w/the board members & asked how their dealings w/him went & if they would do repeat business. Everyone had good things to say. If I wasn't able to get a good reference for him from others, I would not have bought the motor. For a big purchase like that you're much better dealing w/someone local. Also remember you are responsible for your part.... get them the $$ when you say you will (don't let it drag on). You can then expect the same from them if you arrange it in advance.

A good idea is to make some friends on the board through various local-area meet & greets or bigger shows. Once you have friends on the board you have that many more people to network for any parts you're trying to find (& you could possibly help them as well).

Best of luck to you.... and yes I'm in Texas, we're not all bad.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 08:04 PM   #55
Truckhead

I figure, when buying something online assume the worst. As it can only get better. Why don't we all get together, find this guy and teach him what pain really is.
Truckhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 04:25 PM   #56
'72 Burb

Question

Now that all the pissing and moaning is over about this guy, what is the answer? How do you buy and sell on this, or any other board, when you are a new member?
I have tried to sell parts on this board in the past. You post the parts, you get replies asking for about a million pics, then you get someone who tells you they want to buy the part, then you E-mail and P.M. them for about 2 weeks looking for payment only to get about every story in the book about why they are late getting you the money, in the mean time you tell other people that the part is sold, in the end you wind up with the parts still in your garage and no money in your pocket.
Or if you are trying to buy parts, you send messages and P.M.s trying to get as much info as possible about the parts your wanting to buy, you take off work or give up your weekend to go look at the parts, only to be dissapointed by what you see when you get there. It is unbelievable how alot of these parts get misrepresented.
Now I'm not saying this is everytime or by everybody, just like all of ya'll shouldn't throw all board members form TEXAS under the bus, but my question is still the same. What is the answer?
I can't go through life with the motto of "assume the worst and anything better is a bonus".
I have met this guy in question, I've even been by his house. He seemed like an O.K. guy and on this paticular parts quest, we didn't do business because I felt the part I wanted was misrepresented, not unlike alot of other parts I looked at from other sellers on this board. So guys, lets all be honest about how we describe our parts and services, and keep watching each other's backs.
For anyone who is interested, I have had some chrome work done at the same place this guy gets his done, and they didn't do a bad job for the money (with chrome plating, you get what you pay for). If your part that you are having chromed looks bad to start with, all you will end up with is a chrome part that still looks bad.
Sorry to be ramblin' on, the board is as good as it's members and from what I have seen and read, IT AIN'T ALL BAD.
Stay Hard.
'72 Burb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 04:55 PM   #57
bartyko

Hi All,
I'm new here. I also have been ripped off by this waste of human skin. He is nothing but a common thief, liar and con man. The junk he sells is garbage. I have no idea how he could have obtained the ebay rating he has. I had been chasing him for quite a while to ship the rest of the parts I ordered and paid for. He would not reply to emails. So I started phoning him. His partner in crime, Lisa, is no better. I can't understand why any woman would stay with a sack of sh** like this and work with him in ripping people off. They both lied about everything. I finally called him the other day and told him to stop lying and to tell me when he was going to ship my order. He got mad, told me he wasn't shipping it and hung up the phone. I emailed him and told him the money I lost would not break me, but I would make every effort to inform everyone I could about him and his business practises. He emailed me back - and get this - he said he was going to report me to my internet provider that I am harrassing him and get me banned from ebay, and that if I phone him again, he would have my phone cut off. I almost started cryng from laughing so much. What goes on in this tiny worthless mind?

Any way, this guy (and guys like him) have to be stopped. Tell everyone you meet about this roach. Ebay and paypal should ban him from their sites. I'm not sure how to do this, so maybe some of you more experienced members can carry the ball further. Sorry to carry on, but I just had to say this. Thanks for your time. BTW, this guy certainly does not represent the good Texas or US people. You people are great!
Barry in Canada
bartyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 05:50 PM   #58
camelot

eBay help

If you want eBay help you can email me offline. I used to work for them. Please include the item numbers so I can take a look at it before I reply.
My email is: toyotagirl4@excite.com. Please reference the board so I know who you are.
1972 GMC 4WD
camelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 08:34 PM   #59
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

This guy needs to fall off the face of the earth already. How many people can he possibly rip off before somebody shows up at his doorstep and teaches him proper salesman etiquette, the hard way.

Got rid of my projects for now.
1980 Jeep CJ7
1998 Nissan Sentra (my car)
2001 Toyota Sienna (wife's, of course)
spencra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 10:38 PM   #60
Huskerboy2

Alright, I'll jump in. I dealt with this clown once. I bought a "rust, dent and bondo free" door from him. During our conversation, I remember the guy mentioning that the door was blue, which didn't matter, but when the door showed up, it was covered with a fresh coat of primer. He likes to coat his sheetmetal with a spray of primer to try to cover up the condition underneath. I'm surprised he didn't chrome the door before he sent it to me. Regardless, he couldn't hide the gallon of bondo that was caked on the underside of the door. I raised holy heck with the guy over the condition and I stalked him like a wild animal until he refunded my money via paypal. He refunded the purchase price, but no shipping. I settled for that and moved on. This whole transaction was at least a two month ordeal. As a native Nebraskan and Central Texan for the last 11 years, two places where people know how to treat other people fairly and honestly, I'm ashamed of myself to this day for not driving to Lone Oak and beating the shipping out of him. I know, I know, some will say that reaction is wrong, but is it? Is it really??????? Now you all got me worked up. Hmmmm, where's that Texas map at?
Old 06-16-2004, 11:49 PM   #61
rickspickuppart
Account Suspended

what ever happened to the "primered stuff on ebay" thread? I searched and couldn't find it.

Shawn
rickspickuppart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 08:15 AM   #62
Burnsman
Chevy Freak

My good buddy James

I can't believe he hasn't been kicked off of ebay yet. I think almost everyone on this board (including me) has been stung once by this goofball.
73 Camaro, 496
67 RS Camaro, 406
64 Chevelle, 588
71 Nova, 565
67 Camaro, 461
Burnsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 10:07 AM   #63
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

You know what I say

GIT'EM!!!

Got rid of my projects for now.
1980 Jeep CJ7
1998 Nissan Sentra (my car)
2001 Toyota Sienna (wife's, of course)
spencra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 11:08 AM   #64
79BIG10
I'm back with 2nd truck!

I've had the unfortunate fortune of knowing him personally. Luckily I've never dealt with him on stuff like this. When I was working for a company that did deliveries in the town he lived in (not Lone Oak) him and his family built the company and installed an engine basic 350 for our truck. It was a direct swap over nothing bad. Well one winter day we are warming up the engine idling only and the block threw a rod through the oil pan!! The boss calls and tells him to get over here and get a new one in there. Suddenly the warranty was "expired" even though we knew the warranty was still good. The company is still fighting them.

"Don't underestimate how sexy a fat man who drinks to excess can be." Homer Simpson
79BIG10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 10:13 AM   #65
Mitzki5
"TRUCKLESS"

Is this guy doing this as a hobby or is he running a business? If it is a business, call the Texas Attorney General Consumer Protection Division and file a complaint. Also, I think that this guy could be charged with mail fraud (FELONY) if you are sending payment thru the mail. Not sure what you do about it but worth checking into if you have been burned by him.

I hate dishonest people, especially when it comes to business. It's not so much the loss of money that bothers me but it's the principle.

Hope this helps.

No longer have an old truck! But always looking for another one!
Mitzki5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 02:47 PM   #66
ed455
Captain Ed

Bought a set of chrome tailgate chains from him on ebay. The links are all bent up and pitted and the hooks are all bent. He took junk yard chains and chromed them. His auction said how NICE they were. Junk.
ed455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 06:23 PM   #67
krazy_texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzki5
Is this guy doing this as a hobby or is he running a business? If it is a business, call the Texas Attorney General Consumer Protection Division and file a complaint. Also, I think that this guy could be charged with mail fraud (FELONY) if you are sending payment thru the mail. Not sure what you do about it but worth checking into if you have been burned by him.

I hate dishonest people, especially when it comes to business. It's not so much the loss of money that bothers me but it's the principle.

Hope this helps.
thats what i was just thinking if he is actully doing this as a job and not a hobby couldnt somebody report him to the better buisness beaurough of however you spell it
1990 v1500 suburban
1967 Ford f100 Swb 4x4 "green bean"

GOD BLESS JESUS, JOHN WAYNE, AND THE ALAMO
krazy_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 03:00 PM   #68
'70_402

what is his ebay name so i know not to buy from him?
'70_402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 03:15 PM   #69
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

Report anyone who commits internet fraud to:

http://www.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

Pay with a credit card when possible. E-bay and paypal have a 30 window, most credit cards have 90 days.
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 09:38 AM   #70
truckintexas

tex part 67-72

I am a new member as of today. I was looking around and I found posting about this guy in Lone Oak, James B. I had no idea about all this. m I have actually dealt with him several times and I guess I got lucky. he hasn't burned me yet. Thanks for all the info. I'll be careful.

PS The last Ebay stuff he had listed didn't say "Location: Lone Oak, Texas",
It said "Rustfree, Texas" instead.
truckintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 09:41 AM   #71
truckintexas

truckparts67_72
truckintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 11:29 AM   #72
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

Watch out for Boytoytrading out of Colorado Springs, too. His real name is Jim Thompson. He got kicked off e-bay as boytoytrading and chevydreams72. I'm sure he has a new name now. If your bidding on parts from Colorado Springs, make sure it isn't him before you send $.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:33 AM   #73
J.Lance
Too many is never enough!

Jim Thompson is an a$$! However, a very good friend of mine in Colorado Springs lists 67-72 items all of the time and is a terrific guy so don't be discouraged by the town! In fact, he has a completely restored '68 on ebay now. I'll check and post his ebay ID so everyone knows the difference.

1968 K10 SWB Fleetside
1971 K2500 GMC LWB
1968 K20 (later frame, donor body)
1972 C20 LWB parts truck
1993 K2500 Suburban, tow rig, 454, 4L80E
NEW!! 18' Siem's car hauler
2004 Honda Odyssey (family man!)
J.Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 12:45 AM   #74
BtnkBndt
Pennyless Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed455
Bought a set of chrome tailgate chains from him on ebay. The links are all bent up and pitted and the hooks are all bent. He took junk yard chains and chromed them. His auction said how NICE they were. Junk.
I think I saw them chains. Was at a swap meet, went up to his glowing table of chrome (almost needed my sunglasses). First thing I picked up was those nice shiny bright piece of crap thrashed and bent chains. I just shook my head and went on. See him at most of the meets, don't even bother to look. Why waste the effort to chrome crap? I've been told by some he really believes his stuff is great.

There is another guy here in town that calls me on a monthly basis for van tilts. He cuts down the shafts and rebuilds em for trucks and sells them on ebay. I looked at the work he does, I don't think I would risk my life putting one in my truck. Be careful what you buy off ebay for sure, you just don't know.

67 Short Step
283/TH400/4.11
BtnkBndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 05:12 PM   #75
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

J.Lance, Make sure you post your friends name. As of right now, if I see a part in Colorado Springs, I don't bother. In fact, I avoid most listings in Colorado all together just in case Jim's selling with a different city listing.